Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2021, 12:54   #46
BHPian

Re: Received a wrong traffic challan - Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Vikas View Post

Considering all the ifs & buts plus the current MH govt policy, the entire recent excercise to serve 10L notices to vehicle owners by MH police department, seems fishy.

The govt seems to have clear intentions to make some quick money, if the facts are not otherwise.
There is only one policy of MH traffic police is to trap you either by speed camera/ gun or imposing fine for lane cutting, signal jump, crossing zebra line and the list goes long. I know all these are offenses and shall be fined but what irritates me that the first duty of Traffic police is to regulate the traffic at junctions and not to stand hidden at corners to catch the offenders. Here in Mumbai only few major junctions are regulated by traffic cops and other spots are handled by private wardens where cops enjoy trapping the bikers and fine them.
sandeepsc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 16:55   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
There is only one policy of MH traffic police is to trap you either by speed camera/ gun or imposing fine for lane cutting, signal jump, crossing zebra line and the list goes long. I know all these are offenses and shall be fined but what irritates me that the first duty of Traffic police is to regulate the traffic at junctions and not to stand hidden at corners to catch the offenders. Here in Mumbai only few major junctions are regulated by traffic cops and other spots are handled by private wardens where cops enjoy trapping the bikers and fine them.
I beg to disagree.
I feel it is perfectly in public interest for the cops to hide and catch the offenders. Otherwise people comply only where a cop is present, and there's chaos everywhere. With the prevalence of hidden cops, people at least consider a possibility that there *might* be someone just around the corner to impose a fine. Even otherwise, they broke the law and this ain't an excuse.

But if cops are hiding even if, say, lights are not working at an intersection - that's problematic. I haven't seen such behaviour in Delhi at least, though. They prioritise traffic management first, followed by catching offenders.
N.A.GTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 19:11   #48

Today on Bangalore traffic police portal i found a challan stating defective number plate for offence in Jan 2021 for my 11 year old Santro. Both the plates are ones that came with the car & no changes have been made - wondering what correction is needed . The picture with rear number plate is the one i see on the traffic police portal
Attached Thumbnails
Received a wrong traffic challan - Now what?-traffic-chalan.png  

Attached Images

Old 15th November 2021, 12:52   #49
Senior - BHPian

I had received an incorrect challan amount in the month of October 2021. Since then I have been following up with the authorities, but no support coming up.
First I had challenged over the link, but then it was overruled saying that no issues were observed. I asked for evidence that support their claim, but that was never answered.
I then contacted the RTO team over Twitter and one gentleman called me up to raise a case over the helpline.
The lady over the helpline informed me to send an email to "cctvtrafficpune@gmail.com" but there has been no response coming up via this thread as well.

I do not want to make the rounds of RTO since fuel is very expensive and it will not compensate the efforts for a 200 INR extra fine.

Do we have any working emails/handles which provide respite to users with a speedy resolution?

I am based out of Pune and the issue involves around the Khandoba chowk circle.
Old 13th February 2022, 11:04   #50
BHPian

I need the Forum's support on something I stumbled on recently:

While scrolling through PariVahan app, to my utter surprise, I found that my car was blacklisted by ERNAKULAM RTO for Pending Challans on OVERSPEEDING charges.
Here's where it gets surprising:

I was in Mumbai on the said date. Neither the car nor have I been to Ernakulam in the past 14 years and I have not found any way to view the challan, much less resolve/ challenge it.
I know you may find this hard to believe based solely on my word, but I need help resolving this issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Received a wrong traffic challan - Now what?-screenshot_20220213105154.jpg  

Old 13th February 2022, 20:09   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargav2015 View Post
I need the Forum's support on something I stumbled on recently:

While scrolling through PariVahan app, to my utter surprise, I found that my car was blacklisted by ERNAKULAM RTO for Pending Challans on OVERSPEEDING charges.
Here's where it gets surprising: .
Did you check your car number on mvd.kerala.gov.in there should be a place to protest this.
Old 20th February 2022, 16:43   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Did you check your car number on mvd.kerala.gov.in there should be a place to protest this.
Thank you. Without even having the opportunity to see the challan I paid it off online to avoid future inconveniences. Thank you for the pointer Sir.
Old 24th February 2022, 16:15   #53
BHPian

This happened with me in June 2019. I was sitting in the office and I received an SMS about a challan. I checked and it was for stopping ahead of the while line at a signal. The image contained a scooter. I have a car. There was single character difference between the two vehicle's registration numbers.

I called the Mumbai police traffic helpline, they asked me to send an email to helpdesk@mahatrafficechallan.gov.in.

I sent them an email explaining the gaffe, they forwarded my email to multimediacell.traffic@mahapolice.gov.in.

After a month, I sent a reminder to both those ids and about a month after that finally the challan disappeared from my account.

If someone in Mumbai/Maharashtra face a similar issue, they can try writing to the above email ids.
yashg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 03:16   #54
Senior - BHPian

A couple of days ago a traffic cop fined me for "breaking the signal" even though the signal for the turn remain on for 15 secs after the signal to go straight turns red.
He had caught a few other similar motorists and his "proof" of our wrongdoing was that our signal cars stop and other signals turn green and that there is a zebra crossing at the turning. Traffic was sparse so maybe only a car or two were taking the extended turn at the signal per cycle and he had the gall to say " Look I leave a couple of cars who break the signal immediately but you guys took the turn well afterwards"
I was 100% sure the signal was green because I had stopped after the light turned red then continued after noticing that the turn signal was still free.
We were 2-300 meters from the signal and he refused to accompany us to take a look, mainly because he was busy with his collection of bakras. I was as it is running late for a doctor's appointment and wasn't making any progress with this chap so I collected my license and continued on. On the way back I stopped and took a video of the signal, confirming that indeed the turn signal stays on for and additional 15 seconds.
The cop had vanished from the post, only an hour later, probably having made his quota so I went to the nearest traffic Chowky to explain the situation.
Obviously even armed with proof the constables were arguing on their colleagues behalf. The convenient argument is that I crossed even after the additional 15 seconds which was not the case and different from the constables argument of all directions of the signal turning red at once.
I stood firm so they sent me to meet their senior. The senior was half asleep and just pointed to an email address to send a mail to and asked me to leave.
I have registered a complaint on the portal which didn't have much space to type or attach proof so I sent a stinker of an email to them with an explanation of the situation and with the video attached.
Let's see how things unfold. If it doesn't go my way what's the next level for escalation ?
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 10:08   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Let's see how things unfold. If it doesn't go my way what's the next level for escalation ?

Not sure about the next level of escalation, but an advice: get a dashcam. It helps in such situations. Have personally once been stopped by cops for allegedly jumping the red light and has helped me get out of the situation quickly.
N.A.GTC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 13:02   #56

My Uncle happened to receive a challan on his Baleno for driving without helmet. On top of that the photo uploaded on the challan showing multiple bikers is of no help.

I had heard about such cases but it's a first wherein someone known faced this. So my question is whether simply contesting the challan a good idea or contacting the relevant authorities a better way out given that some biker may well have forged the number plate.
Attached Thumbnails
Received a wrong traffic challan - Now what?-img_20220501_125324.jpg  

Old 4th May 2022, 11:17   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadi2700 View Post
So my question is whether simply contesting the challan a good idea or contacting the relevant authorities a better way out given that some biker may well have forged the number plate.
It might be better to contact the relevant authorities, stating that your vehicle is a 4-wheeler.
Old 23rd May 2022, 13:42   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

I tried to pay one of my challans online, and payment failed, some 2 months back. I forgot about it but now when I check the status, I get this message. Can someone guide what needs to be done next?
Attached Thumbnails
Received a wrong traffic challan - Now what?-capture.png  

Old 24th May 2022, 11:02   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I tried to pay one of my challans online, and payment failed, some 2 months back. I forgot about it but now when I check the status, I get this message. Can someone guide what needs to be done next?
Are you getting this message on parivahan website? In that case head to vcourts.gov.in and you'll see an option to pay fine there.
Old 24th May 2022, 11:20   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Are you getting this message on parivahan website? In that case head to vcourts.gov.in and you'll see an option to pay fine there.
Yes, on the parivahan website.
However, searching on Vcourts through challan/name/reg number doesn't give any results.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks