Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2021, 15:20   #16
BHPian

Mumbai-Pune Eway: Caught on the tape !

Hey Guys,

I was going to Lonavala on 26th Dec 20 from Mumbai Pune Expressway and to my amazement as soon as I exited the Kamshet Tunnel I saw flash lights (white like camera) on the car in front of me and within a few seconds same lights in my ORVM's.

I was in good speed actually 110KMPH and I knew I was caught but somehow I forgot to check on it.

Flash forward today I was sitting laziliy on my couch and remembered the Lonavala journey.
I got up searched for echallan website of Maharastra and bingo I have a echallan of 1000 pending in my name.

I understand my duty to pay up the challan which I promptly did but thought of sharing this news with the community.

I am ashamed of the fact that I display the logo of our respected community in this picture but it was only 10 KMPH over the speed. but then rules are rules.

Note: Mods please remove the post if its not relevant or you feel this info should not be posted
Attached Thumbnails
E-challan issued against my car on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway-capture.jpg  

Last edited by ShivrajG : 8th January 2021 at 15:21.
ShivrajG is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 15:32   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mumbai-Pune Eway: Caught on the tape !

My feedback to the traffic enforcement authority:

1. Adjust camera angle so that more of the road ahead is visible in the photo.
2. Use tracking auto focus so that motion blur effect is achieved.
3. Of course, use a better camera with higher resolution and better dynamic range.
androdev is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 15:36   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
My feedback to the traffic enforcement authority:

1. Adjust camera angle so that more of the road ahead is visible in the photo.
2. Use tracking auto focus so that motion blur effect is achieved.
3. Of course, use a better camera with higher resolution and better dynamic range.
I agree on point 1 & slightly with point 2 (actually I didnt understand it)
Point 3:
There are two pictures attached in the challan and in both the pictures the Reg. number is clearly visible. The quality you see here is due to loss of resolution when I took this screenshot from snipping tool. Other wise the picture is quite High DeF.
ShivrajG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 16:07   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivrajG View Post
I got up searched for echallan website of Maharastra and bingo I have a echallan of 1000 pending in my name.
Did you get any other notification via snail mail/ email/ SMS / WA?
Also please share the echallan website.
Old 8th January 2021, 16:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

I am now curious as to how would they manage this for other state Registration vehicles?
Old 8th January 2021, 16:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Shivraj,
How long after the flash did you check the website? I too was flashed at the same place on my recent drive when I was doing something around 110-120. I checked and there was nothing against my RC.
Old 8th January 2021, 16:40   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
Did you get any other notification via snail mail/ email/ SMS / WA?
Also please share the echallan website.
No email/post/SMS or other communication. I just remembered the incident today and since I was aware of this website I checked here.
The link below
https://mahatrafficechallan.gov.in/p...8cbef63cc38866

Just use your Reg. Number and last 4 digits of Engine/chassis Number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I am now curious as to how would they manage this for other state Registration vehicles?
Same question popped up in my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post
Hey Shivraj,
How long after the flash did you check the website? I too was flashed at the same place on my recent drive when I was doing something around 110-120. I checked and there was nothing against my RC.
The incident happened on 26th Dec and I checked today out of curiosity, not due to any alert.
Maybe you were not caught on the camera, may be they let you go or may be its in process. Good luck mate

Last edited by ShivrajG : 8th January 2021 at 16:42.
ShivrajG is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 17:01   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No email/post/SMS or other communication. I just remembered the incident today and since I was aware of this website I checked here.
The link below
https://mahatrafficechallan.gov.in/p...8cbef63cc38866
Thanks. Checked and found a fine from my last Goa trip as well. Paid the same.
Old 8th January 2021, 17:41   #24
BHPian

Quote:
This is why central government was pushing for one database and one road tax initiative. But for your question, I think all the vehicle registration numbers are synced to VAHAN database except for few states (TS, MP, AP)

E-challan issued against my car on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway-capture.jpg

Last edited by saikarthik : 8th January 2021 at 17:48.
Old 8th January 2021, 17:55   #25
BHPian

Wasn't the speed limit revised to 120 KMPH some time back for this expressway?
Or am I missing something? Like few stretches still have lower speed limit?

https://punemirror.indiatimes.com/pu...w/70219352.cms
pkulkarni.2106 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 18:04   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Rightly pointed out. Unless there is co-ordination between states it's quite impossible to do so I believe, unless they have some other mechanism. Lots of other state vehicles drive through Maharashtra from outside points of origin to destinations either in Maharashtra or outside. Similarly, lots of outside registration vehicles ply within the state (any other state or U/T for that matter).

And what about all the older vehicles whose RC/ TC are not updated? We find the registration records disappearing from the central (and also could be state) e-database (algorithms), soon after a 15 plus year old vehicle's fitness lapses and is not renewed with the mandatory fitness tests.
Old 8th January 2021, 19:59   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkulkarni.2106 View Post
Wasn't the speed limit revised to 120 KMPH some time back for this expressway?
Or am I missing something? Like few stretches still have lower speed limit?

https://punemirror.indiatimes.com/pu...w/70219352.cms
Speed limits in and while exiting tunnels are still 80kmph. I believe op got caught while exiting tunnel at 110 kmph. In fact if you enter the tunnel above 80 your speed is flashed on the display at entrance.
Old 10th January 2021, 12:58   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys,

I was going to Lonavala on 26th Dec 20 from Mumbai Pune Expressway and to my amazement as soon as I exited the Kamshet Tunnel I saw flash lights (white like camera) on the car in front of me and within a few seconds same lights in my ORVM's.
In last 2 months Dec / Jan, I've been thrice to Lonavala & twice to Mahableshwer. I have identified the over-head bridges where speed cams are installed. How whether they are functional or not, I don't know. So I slow down to almost around 80 at these locations. But usual speed is between 90-110 (sometimes exceeds unknowingly unless you keep keen eye on speedo)

Now seeing your photo, camera angle seems quite awkward, lets say even if that truck was over speeding and driving parallel, would the camera still be able to capture two vehicles at a moment?

So looks like the authorities are trying to catch speeding drivers with some new tricks.
Old 16th January 2021, 01:13   #29
Senior - BHPian

Re: E-challan issued against my car on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway

I suggest we start marking these cams on maps so that we're aware exactly where they are.
Old 16th January 2021, 01:34   #30
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Rightly pointed out. Unless there is co-ordination between states it's quite impossible to do so I believe, unless they have some other mechanism. Lots of other state vehicles drive through Maharashtra from outside points of origin to destinations either in Maharashtra or outside. Similarly, lots of outside registration vehicles ply within the state (any other state or U/T for that matter).
Guys, I have been driving a Karnataka ( KA 22 Belgaum ) regd. VW Polo in Mumbai since 4 years. The database is all interconnected between the states I guess. I have paid echallan towards Maharashtra traffic police for +5-8 kmph over speeding on Mumbai--Pune expressway, Mumbai--Nasik, Pune--Satara, Eastern Express highway in Mumbai etc etc, altogether over Rs. 7000+ till date. Ashamed to admit this but most of the times I have been challaned for doing 100kmph on right most lane of a 6 lane highway where in the speed limit was 95kmph. I never used to get any SMS, infact I had once casually installed the Mumtraffic app and was shocked to see a fine of 5000 pending already against my car.
vivek95 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks