Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2022, 08:49   #46
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: E-challan issued against my car on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway

Just did a Mumbai trip over the weekend and used the radarbot app. Haven't taken the subscription. It was a decent experience. Please note that those cameras on pillars of the bridge with a yellow board are not speed cams but cctvs. Speed cams are mainly at the entry or exit of tunnels or on slopes. The most absurdly placed speed cam is downhill before the khalapur foodmall enroute mumbai. The intention of these speed cams is only to trouble road users and extract money. Safety? Lol. As I was going down the slope, i was finding it difficult to keep my car below 40kmph and another car in the adjacent lane just braked hard after spotting the camera and a truck behind was inches away from rear ending it. So much for safety.
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 14:47   #47
Senior - BHPian

If someone has observed, there appear to be two distinctly separate sets of speed limit notices on the expressway.

One set appears to be the old one with 80 kmph on most of the sections and lesser on the ghats (20 or 30).

The newer set has 100 kmph on straight sections and a huge variety of speeds limits depending on what kind of turn and what kind of gradient (20, 30, 40 ,50, etc).

The funny thing is that both of these co-exist and are different for the same stretch!
Old 22nd April 2022, 16:51   #48
BHPian

Beginning of rant

I am not a regular on this route, but drove here on a Bangalore-Mumbai-Bangalore drive. Having read this thread, I was determined not to finance the Maharashtra Government one bit and so after a 12 hour smooth run from Bangalore entered the Expressway at the Pune end totally committed to remaining 1 kmph below the speed limit.

Did the crazy dance which if I had filmed will probably set YouTube on fire. Limit 80 kmph. OK. Within 50 mtrs it is 100 kmph. Within 20 mtrs it is 30 kmph because the road is being relaid. Then 50. Back to 100. Down to 80. At one point there were four speedsigns at the same place - two on the left reading 100 and 80 and two on the right reading 50 and 30 . Brake-Accelerator-Brake and at multiple points I am sure I stood on both the accelerator and the brake !

I had switched Radarbot at the start and the app crashed as it could not handle the oveload !

I am having a severe neckache - look at speedometer, look at speed sign on the left, look at speedsign on the right, look for speed camera on the overbridge, look for Ertiga standing hidden somewhere, look at speedometer, repeat cycle. I am absolutely certain that I did not watch the road or other traffic in the entire 3 hours it took me to be a law abiding citizen. I am deeply indebted to the authorities for keeping me safe.

I am also beholden to them for improving my track record of obeying the law of the land. At least I think so. Until I find an echallan appearing on Parivahan.

End of rant.

BHPians who are forced to endure this day in and day out have my deepest sympathies.
Secretariat is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks