Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2020, 08:33   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Anyone in need of an Emergency Traffic Pass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Hope this will not be a requirement post May 17th.
BBMP & KA - MoHFW have both clarified that all interstate travellers regardless of symptoms will have to undergo paid mandatory institutional quarantine for 14 days. No exceptions, and this is likely to stay regardless of lockdown easing on 17th May!

https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/75706417.cms
https://www.deccanherald.com/city/qu...mp-836975.html

One of my peers travelled to Chennai for a family emergency (with the then required 2 way emergency pass), and is now at a complete loss as to what to do. He needs to come back with his family and is now looking at the huge waste of time/bandwidth + the cost of 4 persons quarantine x minimum 1.2k/day (cheapest rate I believe) = ~70 without meals.

Not a joke even for a high earner

Last edited by itwasntme : 13th May 2020 at 08:58.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 09:08   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
BBMP & KA - MoHFW have both clarified that all interstate travellers regardless of symptoms will have to undergo paid mandatory institutional quarantine for 14 days. No exceptions, and this is likely to stay regardless of lockdown easing on 17th May!
Not a joke even for a high earner
Does this mean if I need to travel to Pune from Kerala via KA, I will have to quarantine myself in Karnataka? If yes I would like to personally appreciate the "Genius" who proposed this idea.
It's a field day for hotels to easily make money and get compensated for the lost business.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 09:20   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Does this mean if I need to travel to Pune from Kerala via KA, I will have to quarantine myself in Karnataka? If yes I would like to personally appreciate the "Genius" who proposed this idea.
It's a field day for hotels to easily make money and get compensated for the lost business.
Realistically, no.
But there might be complications based on decisions taken-on-the-spot with additional logic of the local head's views incorporated; how it turns out will only be seen when you do the travel.

Quote:
One of my peers travelled to Chennai for a family emergency (with the then required 2 way emergency pass), and is now at a complete loss as to what to do. He needs to come back with his family and is now looking at the huge waste of time/bandwidth + the cost of 4 persons quarantine x minimum 1.2k/day (cheapest rate I believe) = ~70 without meals.
I think it'll be much lesser (going by the 2nd article you shared only) = 900 INR per day per couple (with maybe children allowed in couple count/room), and food inclusive. Of course, there's no monetary value that can be tagged to the inconvenience caused.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 09:28   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I don't think so. If you are on a transit pass crossing KA with destination being KL, you need not go to quarantine.

However, I will leave it to the common sense or at best the mental state of those on duty who are extremely exhausted to either allow you or block you.

Yesterday, most were blocked to enter KA from TN due to the rule of mandatory "paid" quarantine.

Since you will have a pass that will have dates , source and destination, ideally you should be allowed to travel and get out of the state.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 09:33   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
I think it'll be much lesser (going by the 2nd article you shared only) = 900 INR per day per couple (with maybe children allowed in couple count/room), and food inclusive. Of course, there's no monetary value that can be tagged to the inconvenience caused.
Thanks, missed out that bit. They usually stay at premium hotels wherever they go and both the adults have underlying health conditions (I understand). Any budget hotel will be traumatic to say the least, adding to the mental stress of them both not going in for work during these professionally fraught times.

Both employers have asked them to take privileged leave - it does not fall into their respective organizations' WFH policies. Neither were carrying their office laptops either.
Old 13th May 2020, 09:41   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Since you will have a pass that will have dates , source and destination, ideally you should be allowed to travel and get out of the state.
Normally I would agree but the very recent cases of interstate travellers (both authorized and not) reaching their KA hometowns has deeply spooked GoKA. People are now trying to hoodwink the various authorities to avoid quarantining.

Look at the case of the couple + son from Anantapur (AP) who managed to drive into BLR last week, and then were diagnosed with COVID-19. I am sure they were stopped at multiple checkpoints right through their route, and they must have given some very plausible reason to be able to get in. Now all the checkpoint folks who may have stopped them and spoken to them needs to be quarantined.

Lot of conflicting information of the quarantining. Numbers sound huge for BBMP's level of (in)competence.

https://www.deccanherald.com/city/co...ru-836971.html

Last edited by itwasntme : 13th May 2020 at 09:42.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 17:43   #67
BHPian

Thanks for the knowledge shared on this forum and would like to add my Chennai to Hyderabad travel experience also on 16th May in Tamil Nadu registered car.

1. Applied for Telangana pass and after approval applied for Tamil Nadu pass (since Tamil Nadu asked for the destination state approval when I applied on 13th May for 14 - 16 May travel). Applied for Andhra Pradesh pass also but took time for approval. Did not cary any pass for Andhra Pradesh.
2. Crossed Tamil Nadu border at Gummidipoondi where they asked for Tamil Nadu pass as well as Telangana pass. Verified the aadhar proofs.
3. AP State police were okay with Tamil Nadu pass only and did not ask any Telangana pass.
4. At Telangana border (Vadapalle), accepted Tamil Nadu pass. Did not ask for any Telangana pass.
5. At every state border, on both the sides, checkposts have been setup by the respective police and verification teams who are verifying the passes, making a note of the details (pass number, destination, phone number, Aadhar) and then allowing. Same thing at district borders also within the same state.
6. No health checks/samples are taken at borders including Telangana state border (my destination state). Was stamped and asked to stay at home for next 14 days.
7. All the police and verification teams were patient in answering the questions and were cooperative. A big salute to all of them working day & night !!
8. Things may change on day - day basis. The same rules may or may not apply on a given day.

Tamil Nadu pass: https://tnepass.tnega.org/#/user/pass
Telangana pass: https://policeportal.tspolice.gov.in/
Andhra Pradesh pass: https://serviceonline.gov.in/
bvasista is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th May 2020, 12:50   #68
BHPian

Hi. I am planning to drive down from noida to Bangalore as I need to get back to my family. I want to avoid train travel and flights are not operating now. Off course I will travel only if karnataka stops institutional quarantine for all entering the state.

I will crossing UP, MP, Telangana, AP and finally entering karnataka. Will I need to obtain pass for all states or just the departure and destination state? I will definitely be doing night halts ( I think 2). Can someone please clarify this?
Old 21st May 2020, 12:01   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Does any one have experience coming in from Andhra (via Chitor) to Bangalore? I am told that the check post in Karnataka is okay for home quarantine. The definition of "asymptomatic" it seems is no fever but may have cough or cold. So if you are not asymptomatic you can go to home for quarantine.
Information needed for office colleague planning to come in this route.

Last edited by ampere : 29th May 2020 at 08:28. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 29th May 2020, 08:00   #70
BHPian

My wife,4 month old daughter and mother in law are here with me from the begining of lockdown. I am trying to drop them to their hometown by road. I had applied for passes in 3 instances from both Haryana and Mumbai Police. The ones from Haryana got approved and there were no response from Mumbai in all cases. The next entry permit received from Haryana is for 31st May, and unsurprisingly we are still awaiting pass from Mumbai Police. From what I heard, you ought to have some inside links to get things moving in Mumbai side. It would be amazing if any Bhpian who got any connection could help me in this.
We are stationed at Malad East, Mumbai.
Old 1st June 2020, 22:05   #71
BHPian

What is the average approval time for epass from the seva sindhu portal to enter Bangalore? How many days in advance should one apply for it?
Old 1st June 2020, 22:14   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo View Post
What is the average approval time for epass from the seva sindhu portal to enter Bangalore? How many days in advance should one apply for it?
In my case, they took a good 7 days to approve my pass. However I had tried reaching out to the support team on Twitter, asking for the status of my application and that might have hastened the process. Few people have reported waiting for 10-15 days before it was approved.
Old 1st June 2020, 22:17   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
In my case, they took a good 7 days to approve my pass.
Thanks. So looks like minimum 8 days in advance need to apply. What if say I apply for 10th June and it does not get approved, do they then change the date and approve or one has to reapply?
Old 1st June 2020, 23:08   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo View Post
Thanks. So looks like minimum 8 days in advance need to apply. What if say I apply for 10th June and it does not get approved, do they then change the date and approve or one has to reapply?
Your date of application and preferred date of travel doesn't matter. Their date of approval and required date of travel on the pass is applicable. Both set of dates are different.

The pass is valid for 7 days since the date of issue. That's the only saving grace.
Old 2nd June 2020, 16:56   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Your date of application and preferred date of travel doesn't matter. T....The pass is valid for 7 days since the date of issue. That's the only saving grace.
Thanks.
New guideline says approval not required, acknowledgment of online submission is enough.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks