Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2007, 22:04   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Yeah dance!!!. A guy started runing from the left, so i turned my car slightly to the left so as to escape that crazy man. That guy was in a safe position on to the right of my car. But to my surprise, bloody man, started running back to the left side and then to right almost like doing some manipuri dance in the middle of the road!!!. Luckily by this time i slowed down to 20kmph. Even if this guy was infront of my car, i could have managed to stop my car. Finally he ran back to the left of the road. And bloddy shameless fellow, started abusing me and shouting.

@hellstar,
sorry to hear about it. But i think the family of the victim will finally compromise if a good sum is offered. But if you want to fight, there is a saying "you need to have golden hands and iron boots to fight in indian courts" you should be willing to fight till the end. Yeah end!!!, it will last till end.
Hellstar...be brave. You must fight on. If a suitable 'out of court' agreement can be reached, it would give you some peace of mind. We stand with you, whatever your decision.

You get a lot of freaks on our roads... We need laws to outlaw them.(dream on) Till then, a sound thrashing would have to do.

Arent there any NGOs fighting to seek amendments in these stupid, outdated laws that hold innocent people guilty?!?

In most countries, you are innocent untill proven guilty. In India, you are guilty untill proven innocent - all you need is plenty of the following: cash, influence, muscle power and top lawyers. (being a celebrity would help too)
Old 12th April 2007, 23:31   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
I In India, you are guilty untill proven innocent
Even if proved innocent, the aam junata will automatically assume you purchased your way out of it.
Old 13th April 2007, 23:05   #48
BHPian

Hellstar, I strongly believe you are a real brave man. You didn’t shy away from narrating the horrible incidence in a very honest manner. I feel sorry for the whole episode. A life was lost and you got into a legal mess for no fault of yours. I realize you must have gone through a terrible mental trauma. Have faith. You will definitely get a reprieve. It wasn't your fault at all. But yes, media and legal process sees all this in a biased perspective. They would never blame a cyclist going wrong, or someone changing the lane indiscriminately, nor would point out fingers at undisciplined pedestrian mess. I hope you get out of this muddle soon.

My best wishes !

Last edited by scorp 1 : 13th April 2007 at 23:07.
Old 13th April 2007, 23:23   #49
BHPian

Hellstar - Just read through the post. It is really sad that you are having to go through this for no fault of yours. I can understand how it feels.
I once had this man who crossed the road not realizing my oncoming bike and my bike hit him thud and he lay unconcious. He got hurt on his head. He was fine though. People immd. gathered and started abusing me but then there were some who saw the incident were supportive. Thank God the police were there in no time. In the court case the judge asked if this accident occured and it is your fault and I had to say "yes" and pay a fine - the case was closed. This happened 8 years ago so not sure of the settlement that we gave those guys. It was 2K or so. The cops were also supportive. Since nothing happened to that guys I was lucky.
Dont worry. It will all be fine. Time is the best healer. Just take care of yourself. Keep us posted.
Old 14th April 2007, 00:55   #50

Hellstar I agree with scorp, you really are brave.
The amazing part was that u did not lose your cool even though their were people who were trying to pull you and all.
I wish you best of luck and would just say that you need to keep that cool.
Take care!!
Old 18th April 2007, 00:11   #51
Senior - BHPian

Just back from the final formalities with the insurance guys they needed all the "salvage " back dunno for what so i ended up carrying a broken front fender , left front panel, left RVM, left driving light, broken left headlamp and radiator support panel to the New India Assurance office, Utility Building. Was made to wait there in the lobby for about one hour to get the guy there to check and tell me that these broken parts actually belonged to my car before the accident, then i was told, thank you and you can now go back and wait for the cheque for the reimbursement to come to you .

The guys at A.S.S tell me that the other insurance service providers like Oriental , Bajaj Allianz etc do not require these kindda creepy things to be done , they just need a digital photograph of the rectified car with the salvage lying in front of the car.

I still do not have any updates from either the court or the police guys who are supposed to be doing the investigation .....me keeping my fingers crossed.. and prayin that everything goes off without too much torture.

Thank you all for the nice words that you have keyed in for me they really help when you are in such kindda situations, especially so from a like minded crowd of people
Old 25th April 2007, 19:38   #52

Hi,

I guess the best option for we techie ppl is to pay the police some cash and make the case as suicidal. I know its not right but even the law is not right troubling a innocent person like you, who actually wanted to save that man.

We need to deal the law the way the law is. Pay some amount to Police & pay a little to these locals.

Thanks
S B
Old 3rd July 2007, 15:29   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

hellstar: Just read through the entire thread, and am truly sorry at what you have had to undergo.

I hope all matters have been resolved amicably.
Old 3rd July 2007, 18:12   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Hellstar,

this was really a sad incident.

hats off to you for calling police yourself in spite of the fear of the crowd.

You will be in my prayers.
Old 8th September 2007, 18:53   #55
Senior - BHPian

Dear Hellstar,
Extremely sorry for what happened. You really held your cool in that incident and its no fault of yours. My prayers with you and your family and may the Lord get you out of this incident unscathed. Our law is such that the motorist is automatically found guilty. And the crowd turns on the motorist just because he has a big car. Not fair at all. If someone has worked really hard and spent hard earned money to buy a car of his dreams, does not make him the guilty party.... All the best, our best wishes and prayers are with you and am sure you will come out of this soon. Glad to know your employer helped you at that spot and is supporting you.
Old 10th September 2007, 10:54   #56
Senior - BHPian

Hellstar whats the upadate??

Its really scarry to drive these days, you need to be so alert. just to cover others mistake. sometimes i feel its not worth driving in Bangalore. take a ric, take a bus.
Old 10th September 2007, 12:05   #57
Senior - BHPian

Battle is on @ court !

Hmm its been a while now and thinsg are slowing falling back to normalcy but now there are two cases

I. I have to deal with now the Case from the insurance perspective of having a 10 Lakh Claim from th deceased persons family ( dunno from where these guys turned up but my advocate tells me there is some gus in bangalore who claim that they are relatives of any unidentified accident victim , and claim the insurance amount) what i find interesting is that a week after the accident the police called and told me that the deceased guy is a Muslim without any family. Now they tell me he is a Christian and has a big family to support and hence the Rs 10 Lakh claim. This case is ongoing at the City Court Complex and my insurance co is also looking into the matter.

II . The accident case, which was investigated and the report submitted to the court , the case of having "driven rashly and negligently" causing death. The report submitted by the police, has put me in the clear they have included detail of some forensic analysis based on the length of the skid marks from my car to validate my speed at the time of the accident.But now the matter is up to the court to decide and I am waiting for the date of hearing at the court. Keeping my fingers crossed on this aspect
Old 10th September 2007, 12:40   #58
BHPian

Hellstar, sorry to hear about the incident.

Wrt. the cases:

I dont think you need to be bothered about Case 1. The insurance guys will fight it out and its likely to extend for years.

What you should be concerned about is Case 2, as there is a death involved. However, I know about a similar incident where an old lady died and the court ordered a financial compensation to the relatives (it was Rs 40K or so) to be paid by the driver.
Old 10th September 2007, 12:51   #59

This is what the police does. "rash and negligent driving" charges on anyone who is considered "victim", but involved in the incident. This is unfortunte but considering the fact that the city speed limits are much lower than the speeds at which an average automobile user travels, (the limit I believe is 50km) they can defend the charges very well.

That is where people like "hellstar", who although for no fault of thier become victims of the system.

Hellstar, since you have braved to tell us the incident, I request you to share whatever information you can share, and will be valuable in terms of legal issues that one might face in such incidents.

And I hope you get out of these legal issues soon.
Old 10th September 2007, 12:52   #60
BHPian

let the best thing happen buddy, be brave......

hope u get out of this ordeal asap.........

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks