Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2007, 15:39   #61
BHPian

My sympathies with you. I escaped a similar situation in front of Panvel ST stand when a drunkard crossed the road and dashed against the side of my Swift. He passed out cold and for next few minutes I was shellshocked thinking the guy is dead. Luckily he regained his senses in the hospital.

All in all, driving is becoming nearly impossible without more than 100 percent concentration in the cities. Situation is such that to know what all exists like shops etc on the sides of the roads I travel, sometimes I take a other modes of transport, bec. when I am driving, I dont see anything except the tarmac, anticipating a wrong move from all other players.

Major problem is that we cannot also drive cautiously as some guys behind are so impatient and would make u deaf with their honking or even verbal abuse. On Sion-Panvel highway atleast I have found that all lanes are fast or slow whichever way u look at it, so no help in switching lanes.
Old 20th September 2007, 17:28   #62
Senior - BHPian

Just came here from your long term review post.

What you went through is my personal nightmare - everytime i hit 80+ in the city, I'm always high alert, just waiting and looking out for someone really silly to come blindly, or the wrong way - am always in a state of panic, anticipating such events. I can only imagine the pain you would have gone through.
Old 25th September 2007, 13:00   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

@Hellstar, very sad to know this incident and i can full understand the pain as i am also going through the same trauma but of a lesser degree. Is the case registered section 334? May you come out of this unscathed at the earliest.
Old 17th October 2007, 17:23   #64
BHPian

Hi there. How are things now. I visited this link while I was looking for long term report of Verna. Please, keep this link also updated. We all wish and hope that all settles down well and soon.
Old 26th January 2008, 18:24   #65
BHPian

Hi dude,
I suggest an out of court settlement with the family. Also tender a formal apology to them. See if this can be done. No point in pitching against outdated laws. In all probability the judgement will go in your favour but why wait when it can be finished now?
Old 26th January 2008, 23:50   #66
BHPian

Really sad to know this. I think everything is normal in this past 10 months. Usually such cases are hot in the first 3 months and get resolved in ~15 months or so. But the mental trauma is unbearable. Worst of all is the corrupt cops and court low level staff who look for money (bribes) and create more troubles if we don't give in. So try to get out of this tangle forever.

First try to get to outside the court settlement. Also mostly in this case also your Insurance Co should handle the amount issue. Also once settled outside court, make sure to have a formally written & documented to prove the same as there are cases where even after taking money (in disguise of compromise) they don't stand by their word in court or even may skip hearings.

Hope your lawyer is doing justice for you and not trying to take advantage of the situation. Do keep us posted if there is any update. Good Luck.
Old 28th January 2008, 12:04   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
Really sad to know this. I think everything is normal in this past 10 months. Usually such cases are hot in the first 3 months and get resolved in ~15 months or so. But the mental trauma is unbearable. Worst of all is the corrupt cops and court low level staff who look for money (bribes) and create more troubles if we don't give in. So try to get out of this tangle forever.

First try to get to outside the court settlement. Also mostly in this case also your Insurance Co should handle the amount issue. Also once settled outside court, make sure to have a formally written & documented to prove the same as there are cases where even after taking money (in disguise of compromise) they don't stand by their word in court or even may skip hearings.

Hope your lawyer is doing justice for you and not trying to take advantage of the situation. Do keep us posted if there is any update. Good Luck.
Actually there are two cases now , and none of the cases is by the victim.
1. The insurance case which is being handled by my advocate and doesn't requirement to goto court for every session , this is done by a civil court. Amy advocate can represent me there. This is the least of my worries, as the Insurance Co is liable to pay up.

2. The Worrisome part is that part of the case which is by the Karnataka Government against me , now if you get caught driving while being drunk , its the Govt accusing you. Likewise the Govt this this case has taken notice of the accident and the case is registered accordingly . The court had directed the police to investigated and give a report , which they have done and submitted to the court now the court has to call fo a hearing where i am supposed to prove myself not guilty .There is no out of court settlement for this case. This is the only way out and that takes time ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudarshansarma View Post
Hi dude,
I suggest an out of court settlement with the family. Also tender a formal apology to them. See if this can be done. No point in pitching against outdated laws. In all probability the judgment will go in your favor but why wait when it can be finished now?
I would have loved to do that , but sadly i don't think that option is available for me as detailed above. and about the judgment part i sincerely also hope so. For one thing the report from the police has been positive towards me in the sense that they have said that what had happened could not have been avoided from my perspective.

But believe me its sheer torture to go through the period , and it has started to take a toll on both my financial and professional life.
Old 28th January 2008, 12:31   #68
Senior - BHPian

hellstar,

my prayer for strength to get you past this storm is with you.

getting into such situations due to no mistake from one's side is really bad! why dont these guys jump in front of a train or sometime if they are suicidal!!!

take care mate.
Old 28th January 2008, 14:26   #69
BHPian

Hellstar, take care mate, hope everything turns fine for you. just because of someone's carelessness, the amount of pain and trauma you have to undergo is really pathetic, just take it up with a strong head and mind buddy.
Old 28th January 2008, 15:17   #70
Senior - BHPian

Hellstar ! Its such a trauma and i understand the agony and pain and all our prayers are with you, just take care and dont lose hope.
Old 28th January 2008, 15:43   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
But believe me its sheer torture to go through the period , and it has started to take a toll on both my financial and professional life.
Thats really sad to read, hellstar. Just hope things work out in yur favor, and that you are able to put this behind you once and for all.

Now, i have to come to realize how hit-and-runs originate. Saves one from these hassles and trauma which one has to go through later.
Old 28th January 2008, 15:57   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
...Now, i have to come to realize how hit-and-runs originate. Saves one from these hassles and trauma which one has to go through later.
Thats a good point there, benb.

I guess most of the people (read - drivers) of hit&run would have stayed to help if it was not for :
1st - the unruly crowd
2nd - the 'guilty unless proved innocent' law
3rd - time and resource consumption for getting out of the mess

Guys, I am saying H&R are good. Just that, there would be less H&R if we had better systems in place. But this does no good for ruthless drivers / maniacs on road.

just my 2cents!
Old 28th January 2008, 16:16   #73
BHPian

Early I used to think I should follow law,I do now also but I know I have watch out all directions.And some times you can't do any thing about it.Good that you have family and frds to support.
Best of luck...
Recently one of relative had a hit and run case from a BPO Van. Only such people is justified with rusted laws.
Old 28th January 2008, 16:18   #74
BHPian

Sorry to hear this man.....tough life I would say.

Keep your cool & time shall heal!!
Old 29th January 2008, 10:47   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manziee_crusier View Post
Good that you have family and frds to support.
believe me when something like this happened the above thing family and friends are the ones that really keep you going , in my case my employer had also been extra helpful to the extend of even deputing people to come with me to the police station and arrange for my bail etc ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks