Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2022, 12:23   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "Being Nice" experience thread

Yesterday the traffic situation in Mumbai right from early morning hours was terrible thanks to a combination of rain and a scheduled VVIP movement. So getting a Ola/Uber was really getting difficult and finally after many attempts a cab driver accepted our booking and he called immediately to inform that he is at a gas pump nearby and will reach the pickup point shortly. But it took him a good 20mins+ to reach us as he was stuck in a traffic jam on a narrow road which lead to our pickup location and when he arrived he had a rear puncture

Now, he was sure that we would cancel the ride and he would have to navigate himself to a spot himself in that narrow lane with traffic to replace the tyre. But instead we decided to help him in this situation even though we were running late for our meeting. We guided him to reverse into a open spot where he could park and replace the tyre and my colleague held an umbrella over him so that the poor soul doesn’t get too wet in the rain while I was holding on to my colleague’s laptop bag along with mine.

In the end the guy kept thanking us for being patient and helping him out and he said no one would have done that and would have just cancelled on him and booked an alternate cab.

The "Being Nice" experience thread-e3b5ad443daf418f8d15c69f6ac467e6.jpeg
SnS_12 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 20:52   #62
Senior - BHPian

It was 5:30 am. I was sitting in my car in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant I frequented, munching some breakfast and sipping a good cup of coffee. My office was nearby. A distraught young man came up to my window. He said he and his wife had just been robbed in the hotel next door. He asked if I could lend him some money, just a little. He was almost in tears, his facial muscles were all contorted and he was breathing heavily. I gave him a little money and he ran back to the hotel.

Six months later I was at the same restaurant munching my same breakfast. The very same distraught young man came up to my window and....you guessed it. He was GOOD! Smooth operator.
DirtyDan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 07:52   #63
BHPian

This picture came in today's newspaper and speaks a thousand words on how drivers in busy traffic can perform an act of kindness without anyone asking them to.

The "Being Nice" experience thread-pxl_20240315_021229051.mp.jpg

The incident happened at near the JNU stadium at Cochin which is chock a block with traffic and pedestrians usually get the least preference. The entire traffic came to a standstill to allow an unwell person who was being helped by a lady carrying a child to cross the road. A big salute to the lady and the drivers waiting patiently
kutts is offline   (13) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks