Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2007, 14:50   #61
Senior - BHPian

That was a real nasty accident!

Thank God all the occupants escaped unhurt & are safe!
Old 24th June 2007, 15:52   #62
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Glad to know that everyone is safe KB. Got to hear about it when I was in Kerala along with zakko and Co.

Like akshay said, the car is repairable. But whether you would want to keep it or not is just a personal question. Now, that you cant claim total loss as you initially wanted to decide upon the future of the car first.
Old 24th June 2007, 16:00   #63
BHPian

KB, just came to know about the crash thru this thread. That was a narrow escape & nice to hear that the belts were on & all are safe. I suggest you should insist the rear passengers also to do this, especially the kids.

I'm sure Hyundai will take good care of our db.
Old 24th June 2007, 21:59   #64
BANNED

Roads in Kerala - particularly in North Kerala are nasty and inconsistent. They seem to be wide and straight in one section, and will be narrow and almost ghat like in another. Those who have done Kannur - Payyannur will know what I mean.
Second - about cops - most cops in Kerala will be nice to people reporting accidents. They know that recording an accident FIR is an investment, since ambulance chasers wiil not be far behind. Sad, but true.
Old 25th June 2007, 10:33   #65
BHPian

[quote=BaCkSeAtDrIVeR;477894]Roads in Kerala - particularly in North Kerala are nasty and inconsistent. They seem to be wide and straight in one section, and will be narrow and almost ghat like in another. Those who have done Kannur - Payyannur will know what I mean.
quote]

also the acrobatics performed by the Bus drivers in Kannur - Calicut stretch.
Old 25th June 2007, 11:05   #66
Senior - BHPian

hey KB- thank God you and your loved ones are OK.

this really was a providential escape.
Old 25th June 2007, 11:15   #67
Senior - BHPian

KB, the first pic was so scary. As you said, there is a GOD and you & your family walking away from this accident is a living testimony of it. Glad you are safe, don't worry, the car will be back as good as new
Old 25th June 2007, 11:27   #68
Team-BHP Support

KB, sorry i saw this thread only today. The first pic you posted looked really scary, and i feared the worst. God has been kind, and both you and your family have escaped. Its nice to know that you have put the trauma behind you.

As others have said, my respect for this car has just increased manifold.
Again, a wise thing for you to lock all the doors, and get the car out of there.
Old 26th June 2007, 11:28   #69
Senior - BHPian

Coming to think of it, there are so many times we drive (at night on highways) with oncoming traffic glaring their blinding headlamps on highbeam, with a faint idea of the road ahead and mostly hoping that there is nothing unnoticed ahead ...
Old 26th June 2007, 18:42   #70
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that all of them are safe. Thank God.
_____

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
The rain was light enough for me to keep the speeds up confidently. At about 7.30 pm we passed a darkened Neeleshwar town - power was down- entered a long albiet dark straight - and gathered speed rapidly-
Approximately at what speed you had traveled minutes before the accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
IN the millisecond that it took my eyes to adjust this sharp left curve came up upon us!. I started to swing wide and then noticed this truck coming in the opposite side. I knew I did not have the clearance to make the turn and slammed on the brakes
How wide the road was? Can it accommodate a lorry and the car with some space left?
Old 7th July 2007, 17:28   #71
Senior - BHPian

Glad to know that there was no harm to people as such!
My wife takes seat belts lightly, though I always ensure that she wears them. I need to show this thread to her, she will be convinced for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Coming to think of it, there are so many times we drive (at night on highways) with oncoming traffic glaring their blinding headlamps on highbeam, with a faint idea of the road ahead and mostly hoping that there is nothing unnoticed ahead ...
Highways are a different matter, but I get really irritated by people using high beams in city. I believe it is safer (for everyone on roads) to use low beams when roads are well lit or when speeds are not that high. Every time I see a blinding high-beam I react by switching mine to high-beam too. It has become my habit, though only a few people understand and respond by lowering their lights. A few of them are horrible, because their low-beam itself is blindingly bright and high-beam is of course fatal! They probably have upgraded to 100W or may be 1000W bulbs, but God knows why

Last edited by santosh.s : 7th July 2007 at 17:29.
Old 8th July 2007, 20:34   #72
Senior - BHPian

Hi KB,

Thats scary accident by seeing the photos. Gald that you and your family safe. I have seen Accent and Santro's crashed photos. Many people told me they have very good build and very strong.

About keeping the car once you repair it after 1000km drive check the car status before accident and now. I heard in most of the accident these new cars will be back to normal after repair.

If you feel car is not stable or makes vibration or ratttles then plan to sell it. My freind told me after one Santro got crashed and repaired stability of the car was not as before.

May be this happens if chassis and impact absorbing units are affected/damaged.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 11th July 2007, 20:39   #73
Senior - BHPian

Kb! I just saw this thread. Never mind the wrecked car, I am happy to hear that you and family escaped unscathed. It really looks bad, and I must admit the Hyundai has sacrificed itself well for the safety of the occupants.

In the future, please drive safely. Let there be no more crashed dBs. May God bless you, more than he already has.

Best Regards,

Ajay
Old 12th July 2007, 15:28   #74
Senior - BHPian

Hey! Thank God that all of you are ok.! and hope that people who still groan on the thought of wearing the seatbelt learnt a lesson.. If the still havent, then please proceed to read the Nhc thread in thich 2 people died!!
Old 13th July 2007, 17:11   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansidea
also the acrobatics performed by the Bus drivers in Kannur - Calicut stretch.
Incude Calicut - TCR and TCR - Coimbatore,

Recently on my way back from Coimbatore at around 1am due to poor visiblitly I couldnt avoid a pothole that was bigger than a manhole and the tyre got punctured. Since the area was deserted I drove for around 1 km to the nearest tyre shop . Cost involved in the incident :

1.New tyre............................. : 3200.00
2.New tube ............................:.. 240.00
3.New front shocks ..................: 3200.00
4.Bent disc straightened (Lathe) :.. 300.00
5.Labour ............................... :. 800.00
Total...................................... 7740.00

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks