Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2022, 11:42   #91
BHPian

Re: Ideas to keep idiots from blocking my gates?

If your gates swing out wards then I suggest keep them open towards the road and have a boombarrier with skirt installed inside, it should cost you 1.5 L. The gates can be closed late night by the guard. Hope this helps.
spoth001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 12:59   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post

Had there been a sidewalk or a green belt, you could have made a one time expense for raisable barriers placed 3 feet in front of your door. Lower them into the ground when you want to move your cars, and keep it raised otherwise. Something on the lines of this

Attachment 2367939
This is not the right solution and application. What you are referring to are bollards which have a different purpose. They are used to stop vehicles which force enter. I say this because we manufacture them. Added to this, they need several other components like 3 phase electricals, hydraulic pumps and reservoirs and huge control panels, a depth of 1.8 Mtrs beneath FFL. Trust me it’s a 1 Cr + investment for set of 4 Bollards and not meant for residential societies. They won’t have the real estate and there are many BMC services running underground.The only society we sold is Indiabulls BLU who could afford .
spoth001 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 21:02   #93

So you may already know this but in Delhi NCR, people deflate tyres of those who block. Its a bit of an extreme solution, but a large sign post that says no parking. Tyres will be deflated at once, and you are guaranteed to not see any more cars there.
mixxer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 13:32   #94
BHPian

Yes no doubt and basic common sense that we shouldn’t be blocking gates to park our vehicles. I saw a mention of putting traffic cones on what seems like a footpath. Most important thing to remember is, putting traffic cones on the footpath/reserving space on the road in front of your house wall is not on. First come first serve is the standard rule for all public property. It’s for the pedestrians and not private property. I had a homeowner in Jayanagar, Bengaluru ask me to stay away from his BMW X3 parked on the footpath, of all places. I immediately shot back asking him to park inside his house if he wanted to. Caused an argument but stood my ground. Not that I was damaging it, but I have all the right to stand on the footpath. For good measure, took a photo and tagged the responsible authorities on twitter. Seemed like the traffic police did their job the next time I passed by, no X3 there.
Heard paid parking will be operational soon in Bengaluru. ( I doubt the competence of the BBMP in enforcing it), but support it wholeheartedly. Will weed out the menace of double Parkers and the reservation likes.
100Kmphormore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 10:33   #95
BHPian

In Kochi I've seen people call traffic police and they come and stick challans on the car. Apart from having a security guard 24*7 at the gate, I can't think of anything else that might solve this issue permanently.
georgesunnyt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 11:45   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

GTO, how about a sign board at the spot saying " Parking spot reserved for Idiots"

condor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 11:47   #97
Senior - BHPian

I wouldn't suggest defacing public roads as a remedy because you'll invite wrath of public people eventually and the city corporation might demolish your wall claiming illegal encroachment.

I have a cost effective solution for you. Paint the wall facing your gate with the number "13". See how many people will avoid parking there. You may also add other numbers that put a scare in people like "666" just to be safe.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2022, 14:05   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Watchman is of no use, especially as some of these guys can be rowdy. Cops take 30 minutes - 2 hours to send a tow truck.

Any ideas?
Why not hang this on your gate?

Ideas to keep idiots from blocking my gates?-smartselect_20221112140051_twitter.jpg
batish is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks