Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2008, 17:00   #61
BHPian

I have watched few videos on google.Just google and watch it.Then you will find how effcient our traffic system is.Europian and US is nothing before us when it comes time utlization and effectiveness.
We move live ants and we rocks
Old 18th February 2008, 17:27   #62
Senior - BHPian

a meeting, some coffee later....

w12, you are right that i behaved like a moron when I did what I did with my family. i felt bad then and now also. its not that I love to do that, but when I needed to move fast and there is one person who blocks me on purpose, this is how i react. And when it comes to my family, I am even more worked up (read my original post as to why i needed to go home fast).

but yes, none of this make it worth the risk; what would have happened if the brake failed or i missed. bad on me! :-(

but I do hope that you understand and agree that what that lady did was not right. Even if you don't, i do not hold it against you.

@VJ, the awarness drive is a nice idea. I remember reading in a paper clip a awareness drive by T-BHP some time back - guess it was in Mumbai; can't recollect now!
Old 18th February 2008, 18:38   #63
Senior - BHPian

@HappyWheels: I think we are quite a number and it would be a good idea and i think we guys being the responsible lot of the umpteen nerds on the road should do something but this requires a lot of planning and commitment from all of us to implement it.

And coming to the thread itself, relax dudes and i do know everyone has their own side of the story in making it mattered as its not personal against anyone period. Its just a thread to share likewise experiences which clearly depicts how arrogant people are when it comes to standing up for their faults. Its a pity but a very harsh truth.
Old 18th February 2008, 20:13   #64
Senior - BHPian

VJ,

Thanks! Am good! Guess the coffee did its work! :-)

As you mentioned, everyone feels that their version is true / they are always right, which is rather unfortunate.

Coming out of that and coming to the road trip - yes, we do need a lot of planning and commitment. We will take this up in the near future; once we get the initial response and all preliminary work done.
Old 19th February 2008, 09:10   #65
BANNED

You might want to look at the results of this poll http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...your-city.html
No surprise now at the incidents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
however the frequency of such incidents happening in Bangalore is on the higher side and its a fact and maybe you are seeing too many Bangy Tbhpians putting down such incidents here on the forum than any other city.
I wonder why a localite will speak Telugu and to think he give it back to you in your native language tells that he is also not a localite . So your assumption that natives gang up lacks justification. Its basically humans justifying their action using some excuse.
Quote:
Having said that, this happened to one of my friend in Bellandur as he was coming home from office on his pulsar inside the bylanes. A Scorpio comes out on the wrong side (imagine in a narrow lane) and my pal expressed his displeasure as to cant you see in telugu ( we guys are andhrites) and i say he has a right to say as it was the scorpio guys fault. And damn those Scorpio weirdos abused him in telugu cussing him about his region,state,place (though they are localites as they are familiar with it) bashed up thoroughly and he had an upper lip cut and bruises and my pal the poor soul was just 10 days away from his marriage when this happened.
Old 19th February 2008, 10:23   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
Dude, you have to reread the original post I guess.
And W12, I guess you should re-read all of yours as well

No offense meant but I can't figure why you are getting so mighty defensive about VJ's incident. I would sympathize if someone faced this problem on Delhi roads or even Mumbai or even Kolkata.

However, to the best of my knowledge, in each of the three places mentioned above, the conversations would have continued in Hindi & no one would be at a disadvantage if they didn't know the local language. Maybe I've got it wrong but I thought that was what the additional gripe was.........

Last edited by suman : 19th February 2008 at 10:24.
Old 19th February 2008, 10:53   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
You might want to look at the results of this poll http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...your-city.html
No surprise now at the incidents.

I wonder why a localite will speak Telugu and to think he give it back to you in your native language tells that he is also not a localite . So your assumption that natives gang up lacks justification. Its basically humans justifying their action using some excuse.
No Diabloo, one thing i forgot to mention here was those guys did swear @ my pal and letting him know that boss we do understand telugu and give it back to you even in your local language and yes they are kannadigas. You should be aware that in Bangalore most of the people are well verse with most of the southie languages with its geographical location being close to TN and AP.

Well ! again i would say is it justifiable against a person even @ no fault of his or her just because he is an outsider and to me its a sorry state of affairs and again it does happen in all the cities i suppose and this is just an incident happened in my close pal proximity.

Last edited by VJ_MAVRICK : 19th February 2008 at 10:57.
Old 19th February 2008, 11:18   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
However, to the best of my knowledge, in each of the three places mentioned above, the conversations would have continued in Hindi
To the best of my knowledge, Hindi is not the common language of communication of the masses in Karnataka, Tamilnadu and Kerala. ( Hyderabad because of its Urdu heritage fares slightly better in this respect ).

And also VJs friend on a bike escalated the issue by speaking in TELUGU in Bangalore , not hindi , not english

Something similar to continuing to converse in Kannada or Telugu or malayalam in Noida, in a similar incident , when commonsense should tell you that it is futile.

Reading mind over the internet is a dicey thing. So your observation on me being defensive , is one I will take with a pinch of salt. Again no offence meant.
Old 19th February 2008, 11:36   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

And also VJs friend on a bike escalated the issue by speaking in TELUGU in Bangalore , not hindi , not english
I think commenting or questioning some one's bad behavior or in this case bad driving is definitely not escalating the issue and its every man's right. However its the egocentric attitude that takes precedence here and if i messed up something am a Man enough to acknowledge that and all it takes is "sorry boss!". If some one cant drive properly and behave ethically on roads i suggest get a flyover done from point A to point B and reach so that no one questions their driving then, however not on roads where they become a menace.
I don't think talking in Telugu would have escalated the issue as by instinct many including me question or talk in the native language. And many a time with regards to autowallah's i question their erratic intentions in telugu and interestingly they answer back in telugu as well. Once if the individual is hell bent on showing his demenoic attitude, all hell will break loose and then victimise the people ganging up.
Old 19th February 2008, 11:40   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To the best of my knowledge, Hindi is not the common language of communication of the masses in Karnataka, Tamilnadu and Kerala. ( Hyderabad because of its Urdu heritage fares slightly better in this respect ).
We are talking about a "common" platform here for people who come from outside the State. If the masses speak Bengali in Kolkata, it doesn't mean that a non-Bengali is forced to communicate in it. Also, why talk about masses when VJ's incident was with a specific class who did not appear to be "masses"
Quote:
I thought the first incident that started the thread was about VJ's incident when he was driving in his car with his family. Your first post was about "holier than thou" IIRC?

Quote:
Reading mind over the internet is a dicey thing.
Didn't read your mind, why on earth do I need to do that? I just happened to read all your posts

Last edited by suman : 19th February 2008 at 11:45.
Old 19th February 2008, 11:43   #71
Team-BHP Support

Why do we have to get all regionalistic over threads in the 'Street Experiences' section? Some of the responses here are no different from the ones which were made by the head honcho of the MNS.
Old 19th February 2008, 11:49   #72
Senior - BHPian

@benbsb29: nothing serious ben , the thread itself is about people's reckless attitude while on roads and maybe the pitch and tone of people responding here might have bought you into that.
Old 19th February 2008, 11:49   #73
BANNED

Some points raised by head honcho of MNS are valid too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Some of the responses here are no different from the ones which were made by the head honcho of the MNS.
Old 19th February 2008, 11:51   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
1. We are talking about a "common" platform here for people who come from outside the State.

Didn't read your mind, why on earth do I need to do that? I just happened to read all your posts
1. To assume that Hindi is or should be the common platform to communicate is stupid IMO. Similarly why not Oriya or Bengali ? Why not make Tamil the common platform to communicate in delhi? Or malayalam the platform in Mumbai? Why should it be Hindi , at the expense of others?

2. In that case please stick to commenting on the subject , not my state of mind.
Old 19th February 2008, 11:53   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Some points raised by head honcho of MNS are valid too.
Dont even get me started on that. India is a free country, and we are have the right to live in any state as we please. Else, lets decide not to call it one country at all.

Last from me on this. Quite a sensitive topic.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks