Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2008, 00:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

Is this a case of road rage or one of xenophobia, or the two combined?

Whatever it was, glad you showed the sense to stay in the car, Amitoj. That ensured that the incident didnt require more than half a bottle of scotch for redressal.

Better half a bottle of scotch than half a bottle of blood, I say.

Take care on the roads all of you.
Old 12th April 2008, 00:23   #32
Senior - BHPian

What the hell!
I don't understand why people act this way. What do they want to prove?
You did the right thing by not getting into any kindaa fight with them.
Old 12th April 2008, 00:38   #33
BHPian

All these yellow board cabbies are theives/rowdies driving a cab and getting some money,since driving them involves less risk than stealing, so they get into it. and basically all are from a well uneducated background where they feel they prove a point by hitting people.

It might not be the right thing to do, but if u ever hit a yellow boarder, who so ever the fault is, just flea away from the place. dont even think twice. i can list numerous incidents in which poor guys have got hit badly.

When you are driving alone/family have some patience, listen to calm music and try not to provoke these guys though he s wrong, Only if u have a open road and a FAST CAR and if you are sure they wont be able to catch you by any chance-open you mouth really wide all this just for our safety, on the other hand if you are 4 guys in the car, then dont spare them. because they usually see the people in the car and make their moves.

I think there should be some way to inform the Bangalore police on this and whack anybody who lifts their hand because of road rage or even a night in jail or seize the vehicle for 1week. I ve seen atleast on 10 occasions in front of my office where theres minor accident and a poor IT guy gets hit by a yellow boarder or an auto driver and by the time we go down from 5th floor they are done and flea away.

Last edited by raghuram.cg : 12th April 2008 at 00:42.
Old 12th April 2008, 00:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

A very unfortunate incident (considering that I stay close by). Wasn't the traffic dense at that time?
Old 12th April 2008, 00:47   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuram.cg View Post
I think there should be some way to inform the Bangalore police on this and whack anybody who lifts their hand because of road rage or even a night in jail or seize the vehicle for 1week.
You really dont want to get into a mess with these guys in the first place and to really top it off add cops to the scene..
Cops dont want all this trouble of filing FIR and court cases etc.. They will probably ask you to negotiate and close the matter..

Goddy
Old 12th April 2008, 00:55   #36
Senior - BHPian

While driving car, sometimes I cannot help to gesture them and ask why they are driving rashly.

Some two wheelers and auto drivers think that they will fit into every gap and crossing lanes irrationally is their birth right. Nobody is aware of or does not care using left lane for slow speeds.

We should learn politeness from road users in european countries. Strict law enforcement makes driving use a breeze there.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 12th April 2008 at 00:56.
Old 12th April 2008, 01:07   #37
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Dudes.. First of all.. These hockey and bats dont help... If (God forbid)you are ever in a situation like this try to get away from that scene asap.. No one will help you..
It will be you with a Hockey against God knows who they are.. You never know what weapon he is carrying.
There is no harm in escaping.. No one will laugh at you or call you a coward.. Atleast you live to tell the story next day and live to be with your Family again..

Think about it.

Goddy
my idea of keeping a bat is to scare the other guys and not get violent. Everyone is scared for their life and sometimes threatening posture can do the trick.

if the other guy tries to act rowdy and is obviolusly trying to hurt you, then you can either escape, and if you cant, then you show that you are prepared to hit them back. just my 2 cents...
Old 12th April 2008, 01:09   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
You really dont want to get into a mess with these guys in the first place and to really top it off add cops to the scene..
Cops dont want all this trouble of filing FIR and court cases etc.. They will probably ask you to negotiate and close the matter..

Goddy
Yes Goddy, thats what will happen in reality, but how i wish there was way to teach these Bad Elements a lesson.

All in all the whole system should improve, strict police, hefty fines is the way to go about it, like we see in some developed countries and above all its the people who need to change themselves to have a better society.

Last edited by F50 : 12th April 2008 at 01:23.
Old 12th April 2008, 01:12   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
my idea of keeping a bat is to scare the other guys and not get violent. Everyone is scared for their life and sometimes threatening posture can do the trick.

if the other guy tries to act rowdy and is obviolusly trying to hurt you, then you can either escape, and if you cant, then you show that you are prepared to hit them back. just my 2 cents...
Bro.. Dont get me wrong.. Keeping a bat will definately increase a sense of security in you.. But what I am trying to tell is that the better way is to Ignore these guys and drive on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuram.cg View Post
Yes Goddy, thats what will happen in reality, but how i wish there was way to teach these Bad Elements a lesson.

All in all the whole system should improve, strict police, hefty fines is the way to go about it, like we see in some developed countries and above all its the people who need to change themselves to have a better society.
I wish Bro.. I wish.

Goddy

Last edited by F50 : 12th April 2008 at 01:23.
Old 12th April 2008, 01:20   #40
F50
Senior - BHPian

Glad to know you are safe,amitoj. It is becoming really unsafe day by day.
What I have learn from past incidents that, there is no point in taking pangas with anyone you really never know who the other person might be.
Old 12th April 2008, 01:24   #41
Senior - BHPian

did you say that happened in bangalore??? its strange. As it was supposed to be very safe. and many of my friends there travel very late n their vehicle after working late.
Old 12th April 2008, 01:25   #42
BHPian

Its Really Scary and Unfortunate Incident !
Good to know you are safe!

Rage to such an extent after just gesture for wrong Driving isnt normal! so may be they were Drunk or something like that and the way they tried to break glass is really something we see in Movies .

Yes you did the best thing that you stayed inside the vehicle .

Road Rage is very Common problem in North India and I guess it is turning out to be same in South :(

Keeping a weapon inside car is very useful and recommended BUT! you should be well versed how to use it best and is very comon practice in North India ( atleast my place)
Many people who travel in rural areas here keep a pistol handy in their Car but to be used only to save yourself( it scares the people big time so 99% of the time you never need to use it !)

Relax and enjoy the Whisky!
Old 12th April 2008, 01:27   #43
BHPian

Things are getting really bad in bangalore.And I heared lot of such incidents and come across too.My factory is near the border(tamilnadu/karnataka) at attibele and I am basically from tamilnadu.We are most affected there and even the cops also dosent want any case/fir to be done.I had some tough time from september.So,I sold my Indigo marina and went for my dream car(TATA SAFARI) in december.Now, Iam more confident in my driving and if some one tries to act wrong,Then the best thing is to drive away and escape or if not finally run over them.But I will not get down from my car
Old 12th April 2008, 01:34   #44
BANNED

Shockking! Really shockking.
Not that this is something I'm hearing for the first time, but to hear it happen at 6pm to a fellow Bhpian!

Glad to know that you're unhurt. Windscreen can be repaired. But what about the bad memory. It will take some time. But this is life.
Look at the beautiful side of it. Maybe, more worse Could've happened. Almighty has made it small and manageable for you.

Cheer up dude! To hell with those rowdy morons. I wish they learn their lessons soon.

Unwind and relax for a while. Take some good pillows around you and sink into a comfortable sleep. Everything will be gone tomorrow.
Old 12th April 2008, 08:32   #45
BHPian

brother,
happy to know that you are safe. bangalore is getting really scary these days. there was a mugging incident on my friend one month back at 1PM . this was in BTM

i had a similar experience some weeks back. just after the 16th main signal, i was riding to marathahalli. i was in right lane and suddenly this sumo turns right scratching my car. i normally roll up my glass but this day it was rolled down. i didnt want to take up a fight since
1) i dont know kannada
2) i just dont know how to handle such situation. esp because of the language issue. i might have behaved differently in kerala.

next thing i see is he overtaking me and stopping in front and getting out of the car. and grabbing my keys and went towards his car. now i had to get down and go behind him. he was abusing me(didnt understand a word so didnt feel anything) and was almost going to hit me.
i spoke in hindi. this made him more angry. i just didnt know how to get my keys back. i tried english and then i made a mistake of speaking tamil. didnt speak in malayalam as there is a very low chance of people knowing this outside kerala. i was saved by a woman who was travelling in his car. luckily he didnt beat me up. it all appeared as he was just trying impress his employers. all during the conversation i was trying to tell him that he should have taken care while turning right. then as if out of immense mercy he gave me back my key and fled off. the key was in bad shape that i struggled to insert it back.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks