Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2008, 22:29   #1
Senior - BHPian

Attacked by Rowdies in Bangalore

I guess it had to happen finally.

I was driving back home from work on the Madiwala lake road when suddenly a Sumo that was moving at a slow pace on the leftmost side of the road swerved right across my path, forcing my car to hit the divider. This happened quite close to the entrance to the lake. Thankfully divider is very low so the tyres just bounced off the divider.

Well, if i knew what was going to happen next, i probably would have let it go. But i accelerated and came parallel to the sumo and gestured as best as i could to indicate what the hell was the driver doing? There is a speed braker down that road for which i started to slow down. But before i knew it the sumo cut across and 4 guys jumped out of it and charged towards me. There was some room on my left side so i managed to avoid them. But they got back into the sumo and started chasing me, driving a few other cars to screeching halts. Close to the end of the road, there was a small traffic jam in front of me and the sumo went to the wrong side of the road, crossed me and stopped. 4 guys jumped out again. I immediately locked the doors and rolled up the windows. One guy picked up a stone and threw it at my side window. Thankfully the window held its ground. But another guy used his hands and smashed the base of his wrist right into the front windscreen.
The windscreen cracked. So did his wrist because i saw him grimace in pain.
Traffic in front of me started moving and there was traffic on the other side of the road too. I managed to finally get away.

All this happend at 6PM

Moral of the story: If you are not a rowdy and get pushed off the road, let it go because you never know who pushed you off.

Question left unanswered: Why??
Old 11th April 2008, 22:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Oh God.. Good to know that you are safe..
I know that in all this you would not have noticed.. but did you manage to get the Number of the vehicle??

Goddy
Old 11th April 2008, 22:33   #3
Team-BHP Support

You should have noted the number and reported it but again easier to say in such a situ

Thank god you are safe
Old 11th April 2008, 22:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

What the hell???

But as you said, "If you are not a rowdy and get pushed off the road, let it go because you never know who pushed you off."
Old 11th April 2008, 22:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Oh God.. Good to know that you are safe..
I know that in all this you would not have noticed.. but did you manage to get the Number of the vehicle??

Goddy
No. i was too busy trying to get out of the situation and not hitting anyone else in the process. All i know is that it was a yellow plate sumo.
Old 11th April 2008, 22:35   #6
Team-BHP Support

Oh My God... The first sentence of the thread says it all for me. And that is precisely why this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...revention.html

Frankly, I am a little scared right now

Last edited by Eddy : 11th April 2008 at 22:38.
Old 11th April 2008, 22:35   #7
BHPian

man all this happened in a city like bangalore
just one question hope your car isn't TN registration "just trying to figure out whether it was related to hogenakel ..."
Old 11th April 2008, 22:40   #8
Team-BHP Support

Man that's horrible. Good to know your safe.

Similar thing happened to me a few months back. 2 guys on a 2 wheeler hit my car with the suitcase the pillion was carrying. I pulled down the window and shouted at him. Next thing I know they cut me off, stop and the guy charges towards my car. Thankfully doors are locked and I put the window up. He starts hitting my car with the suitcase on the windshield. I put it in 1st gear and pretend to run him down. He gets scared gets back on the bike gives chase. I again try to swerve left and right pretending to mow down the 2 wheeler and thankfully they back off seeing as to I may run them over and i scoot off. I kept thanking my stars I didn't get down to argue.
Old 11th April 2008, 22:41   #9
Senior - BHPian

What the hell !!

Thank God you are safe man !! I am too shocked to say anything now !!
Old 11th April 2008, 22:47   #10
BHPian

This is a little scary. Especially for me cause i travel with my wife to and from office. I always try to avoid arguments but im prone to getting into one easily...

Have to be carefull from now I guess. Good that you are safe.
Old 11th April 2008, 22:47   #11
Senior - BHPian

Good that you are safe. Its really terrifying to hear & imagine what has happened. Good that you did not open your windows. Hope you can claim the insurance on the broken windshield.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 11th April 2008 at 23:00. Reason: Spelling corrected
Old 11th April 2008, 22:47   #12
aZa
Senior - BHPian

WoW i thought the north india is where all the violence is Glad your safe amitoj in such situations its better to avoid a confrontation

Last edited by aZa : 11th April 2008 at 22:50.
Old 11th April 2008, 22:53   #13
Senior - BHPian

Very shocking!!! Thank God u are safe..
Take care.
Old 11th April 2008, 22:56   #14
Senior - BHPian

Ohh man thats real scarry thing you narrated Thankx god the guy hit the windscreen,bcz that crack can be replaced,bro avoid such cases,there are a bunch of dunces we meet everyday on road... Drive safe

Last edited by F50 : 12th April 2008 at 01:26.
Old 11th April 2008, 23:05   #15
BHPian

woah good to know you are safe man

few days back at 1030 in the morning on mg road i was next to an auto in the thin lane where the metro construction is happening after nalli sarees. This bike with pillion tries to squeeze between auto and my car and i roll down the window and tell him "hold on signal will get green then you go" the guy sees that i am talking in english and starts shouting in kannada at me. I raised my voice and said shut up and wait. But the bike squeezes through scraping the auto and my car and stops in front of me. Then he starts walking towards me, i felt like getting down and punching the impatient joker. But better sense prevails and I stay inside and in the meanwhile signal turns green. The guy gets on his bike and I follow him at high revs, I think the exhaust sounds scared him and the fear of me hitting him finally dawned and he took off but still i think the number of road raged rowdies is increasing day by day !!

I think the lesson for all of us is avoid getting into these road rage arguments

Last edited by jassi : 11th April 2008 at 23:10.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks