Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2008, 08:36   #46
BHPian

I have an air gun with metal bearings as bullets. no need to get off car... donkeys and cows are frequent on road so hit em hard. lol.
Old 12th April 2008, 08:40   #47
BHPian

Valuable lesson learnt, for everyone. Never show your temper if alone and if you don't belong to the class of simian thugs that rule our state/country.

With election time coming in KA, thugs will be out in the street full force and it is better to stay calm and quiet.

Cutting across lanes is anyway a common disease, even if lanes are marked. In unmarked streets, it is perfectly 'legal' ie in Indian driving law. After all he may have been avoiding a sudden pot-hole or huge gap in the left side of the street, or a kid/dog/cow or any of the million things that can occupy our streets, forcing him to swerve right..

The best way to prevent road-rage is to begin at the beginning. Only the police can do it. To me the beginning is the habit of using horns to clear traffic and not for emergency/danger. Many think they are governors, blowing horn all the time to scare the persons driving in front. Either you give way or they get into a rage. This is the root cause of bad driving, accidents, road rage etc. To stop it, police have stand in critical places and smash the mouths, hands and whatever else they can make contact with using a thick lathi of anyone using horns with impatience/arrogance. Fellow should not be able to eat for a month. The one and only way to clean up our streets.
Old 12th April 2008, 08:46   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdesai1987 View Post
I have an air gun with metal bearings as bullets. no need to get off car... donkeys and cows are frequent on road so hit em hard. lol.
Dont hit the cow, hit the morons that place them on the streets.
Old 12th April 2008, 09:26   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post

Moral of the story: If you are not a rowdy and get pushed off the road, let it go because you never know who pushed you off.

Phew! Glad to know you are safe.

When you are pushed off the road, it is a natural human instinct to fight back. Its great that you kept your cool and stayed in the car.

Quote:
Question left unanswered: Why??
Who knows ? These could be thugs who were probably pissed off at something and wanted to vent it off on you. It could be that they were drunk and were out of their mind. What matters is that you are safe.
Old 12th April 2008, 09:29   #50
Senior - BHPian

Damn this is really bad & am so glad that you are ok.

Btw looking at th way they came after you & tried to break into your car I would suggest to avoid that road for a few days & if thats not possible hook with some colleague to travel to office.

this is not scare anyone but unless you are big goonda yourself or have good contacts in police no point messing with such people & going to police. Infact if they are some big rowdies & had you complained they would have got complete information about you from the Police itself.
Old 12th April 2008, 09:45   #51
BANNED

come on people if the other person is trying to get on you how can you keep quiet ,if he shouts at us and if we keep quiet it will be more encouraging for that fellow and he thinks that we are getting scared and he will react more rudely....we should never give a chance to others when we didnt do any mistake...

till now i slapped 3 auto fellows ..on the main road bast***ds.

driving like maniacs .
Old 12th April 2008, 11:27   #52
BHPian

Hi,Unless we are a local or have lot of local friends who can help us at any point of time,better be safe.

Things are getting worst in bangalore and with the election comming up its going to be tough.

Last edited by bglsrini : 12th April 2008 at 11:28.
Old 12th April 2008, 11:43   #53
Team-BHP Support

Your safe good, i think with the elections coming up one needs to be careful of goons moving around in sumos n all.

But what was he thinking when he used his hand for your wind shield ??? Sorry i have to laugh at that part.

At the end of the day, just honk flash and report to cops, no physical pankas or getting close to these maniacs.
Old 12th April 2008, 12:05   #54
Senior - BHPian

chilly powder works in all situations. even in the ****ty city.
I carry a sharp knife on all my tripsoutside the city...and an axe.
but the question is still unanswered... WHY ????
Old 12th April 2008, 12:26   #55
Senior - BHPian

Glad to know you are safe and the issue didnt complicate further/ That was the right thing you did. But it feels bad that someone got away after cracking the windsheild of you baby. I think you should make yourself aware of all the cop stations on the way to the places you travel frequently.
A similar incident happened with one of my collegues near the silk board junction about 2 weeks back. He was riding a bike. A auto fellow cut him and was about to hit his bike. He made the mistake of gesturing to the auto fellow. The auto fellow followed this guy to the silk board signal without his knowledege and got down and started hitting him with a few other auto fellows joining him. My collegue did not know kannada so he spoke in tamil ( the biggest crime he commited that day ). This happened at around 7pm right in front of the cops. First they hit him, then started demanding money from him. It seems the cops were standing there mute even when all this was happening. This was not the end of it, when all this was happening he managed to call up the madiwala police station. The cops there refused to send a partol vechicle and asked him to come to the station to solve the issue. After which my collegue called us up in the office for help. Next thing we know is the auto fellow's wife registered a case againt my collegue that he hit her on the head!! ..Adding more salt to the wound the cops demand 5000 to close the matter. Their reasoning.." why cant you pay 5000 when you guys earn 50000 per month in a IT company " Sheeezzz. Finaly to get out from the frustuation someone from my office paid 4000 and they got away from there. Cant even imagine the mental trauma my collegue would have gone through.
Moral of the story be calm when driving/riding, even someone else pisses you off, especially in Bangalore where even the cops dont give a damn!!.
Old 12th April 2008, 12:38   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bglsrini View Post
Hi,Unless we are a local or have lot of local friends who can help us at any point of time,better be safe.

Things are getting worst in bangalore and with the election comming up its going to be tough.
Even locals cannot do anything in these kind of situations. Locals will definately start to argue as they understand the language. This will certainly lead to fight and will end up you being puhched black and blue as you will be outnumbered. If you dare to hit back, then there is a possibility of taking revenge when you are alone on road by these goons. Better is to stay away from these kind of things and not to argue which will aggrevate the situation. I'am telling this because I know the local language and had couple of arguments like this which resulted in nearly ending up fighting.
Old 12th April 2008, 12:48   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenopio View Post
we should never give a chance to others when we didnt do any mistake...

driving like maniacs .
So are you waiting for a brick to hit your windshield before you realize that if you fight with a pig, the pig always wins?

PS: This kinda self-righteousness could get you killed in road rage incidents in Delhi. I am not kidding. It happens here all the time. The might is always right, not the sensible driver.
Old 12th April 2008, 13:22   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenopio View Post

driving like maniacs .
You never know what will happen next. Auto guys are all same in any city. If somebody is arguing with an auto driver, all the autos will stop and support that driver. They does not even think who is at fault and in your case, you have slapped him. Better is try to avoid such things unless are heavily built and can tackle a bunch of goons. My 2 cents.
Old 12th April 2008, 13:28   #59
Senior - BHPian

Whatever happened was too bad!
Thank God that you are safe.
Old 12th April 2008, 13:44   #60
Senior - BHPian

amitoj good that the matter dint escalate any further and you did the wisest thing by staying in the car. Doesn't make sense talking to these goons on the road. Knowing the local language also doesn't help at times since these are the kind of people who care a hoot for anything.
Cops in this city have been an absolute disaster. The cops are also a part of the syndicate at times.Its rare to find a cop who is willing to help unless you wanna grease his hands.

Wonder where my beautiful city is heading to .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks