Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2008, 00:54   #76
Senior - BHPian

You both are right Anup & Ishaan. But it is still a desire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
OMG, the power of MEDIA!!
You do know gd, that an H2 will not take you too far, other than the status value!
You're best off with the jolly ol' Safaris and Scorpios!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I agree, I drove one recently & to call it a disappointment would be an understatement on the highest order. Pure junk costing 1.2 Cr unless you want to be a poser!

Last edited by gd1418 : 28th June 2008 at 00:56.
Old 17th July 2008, 17:24   #77
BHPian

knockoutspray (dot) (com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
I bought my pepper spray from Home page
Hi TBhpians,

A word of caution to those looking to buy the pepper spray from knockout's website - Please Dont.

I ordered for 3, received 2, was acknowledged by the site cu-care that the courier service have done it again etc... - some months ago.

I am yet to receive the replacement/refund.

+Rocky+
Old 21st July 2008, 04:48   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Hi TBhpians,

A word of caution to those looking to buy the pepper spray from knockout's website - Please Dont.

I ordered for 3, received 2, was acknowledged by the site cu-care that the courier service have done it again etc... - some months ago.

I am yet to receive the replacement/refund.

+Rocky+
Thank you for the info.
Old 21st July 2008, 10:58   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
HATTORI HANZO KATANA! and Uma Thurman next to you. Guaranteed to quell any road rage
Awesome!! Wouldnt mind Lucy also joining the party.

I picked up a cheap stun gun from China, sounds crazy. If I get a chance to use it sometime I will post back
Old 20th May 2010, 00:15   #80
BHPian

Sourcing Pepper Spray?

Hi all

I am going on a vacation with my family, i am considering buying a pepper spray for safety in a strange place, kindly advice me on the following:

1) Shops that i can buy from, with phone numbers so that i can call n confirm availability before traveling.

2) Brands that i should look for & realistic prices

3) I was actually considering an air gun, but it appears to be an unwise idea.

4) I have a 15 month old daughter, so would be looking for something with a child safety lock.

Thanks
dp

Old 20th May 2010, 11:00   #81
BHPian

I've seen many cans of "cobra" branded pepper spray displayed in many of the "Health & Glow" outlets here in bangalore. I think even the Chennai H&G should stock them. The cans with child safety lock seem to cost 600 rupees. Not sure how effective they are though.

..:: COBRA ::..,** Cobra Spray, Aax Global, Bangalore, India, Pepper Spray, Self Defence, Self Defense, Self Defence Pepper Spray, Self Defense Pepper Spray,
Old 20th May 2010, 11:12   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Cobra is quite popular.

I had bought a can for 500/- once at Health and Glow in Bangalore. You could try similar outlets in Madras.
Old 20th May 2010, 13:45   #83

COBRA even has an online buy mode.. I have got it online for my wife and it reached within reasonable timeframe.
Regarding effectiveness, thank God she didnt had to use it anywhere and so cant say.

the can by the way is a bit bigger than the ones seen in US (which look more like a lipstick) and hence difficult to carry in pockets
Old 12th November 2012, 11:33   #84
Senior - BHPian

re: Self Defense Materials

Pepper-spray iPhone case
Self Defense Materials-spraytect_front.jpg

Self Defense Materials-spraytect_firing.jpg
Old 12th November 2012, 14:54   #85
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Don't recall how I ended up on this thread, I guess it popped out as part of New Posts. Some of the posts and road-range confessions are really scary. Its extremely disturbing to see people seriously considering guns. Unless you stay in and regularly pass through dacoit/robber prone area, IMHO, a gun is an overkill.

A pepper-spray, a small wooden stick or a belt are the only real options if you don't intend to kill someone during the 'self defense'. Even a baseball bat or an iron-rod can easily crack open someone's scull and both the parties would be in serious trouble once that happens.

Here's my point of view and recommendation:
1. Drive defensively and be alert. Don' provoke other road-users and don't fall for a provocation yourself. That avoids a lot of situations from shaping up in the first place.

2. Accidents happen, that's why they are called as 'accidents'. There is no point blaming the other party. Its not like his/her insurance company is going to pay for your damages. Then what's the point in proving whose fault it was? Keep your calm, don't blame, don't accept any blame. Don't try to teach others how they should drive. Move on rather than getting into a confrontation. If the accident is severe, stop at the next police station.

3. Most folks are just too attached to their rides and would step out of the car and take a blow themselves rather than allowing someone to kick their car. NEVER step out of the car, even when the other person threatens or starts to do damage to your car. Please remember that a bodyshop would take 6 days to remove any dents on your car, lesser to replace a windshield, BUT it would take at least 6 weeks to heal a broken bone.

4. Your car is your best self-defense. It can shield you from physical abuse to a large extent AND you can use it to get away to safety from a tricky situation.

FINALLY
5. "Offense is the best defense" policy should be followed ONLY if there is no other option left. e.g. your car is blocked from all sides.
Again your car is your best offense. Would prefer not to get into those details and go OT on this 'self-defense' thread.
SDP is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th November 2012, 00:08   #86
BHPian

SDP
Hi
Very good points.Most important avoid a confrontation.
A soft answer turneth away wrath.
I carry a long luggage chain in an outside pocket of my airbag which I keep on the passenger seat.
Regards
Old 13th November 2012, 00:53   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
I carry a long luggage chain in an outside pocket of my airbag which I keep on the passenger seat.
To be used as a garrote wire?
Samurai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2012, 01:33   #88
Senior - BHPian

For all those who are looking where to buy pepper spray in Bangalore, these are available in all Health and Glow outlets.
Old 30th January 2015, 21:27   #89

Personal Safety equipment

I stay in Bangalore and regularly participate in long motorcycle rides along with a few local friends. We have traveled extensively through south India. Very often to save time, we sometimes travel during nights, or start early in the mornings, or ride till midnight to cover distances. Sometimes, We face long stretches of roads without any vehicular movement or people movement. Our families are growing more and more concerned when they read newspapers or hear scrime stories of riders getting mugged by either crooked villagers or highway robbers. To safeguard against these highway thugs or robbers, can we carry any PERSONAL SAFETY EQUIPMENT, like pepper spray, extendable batons, metal knuckles, small tactical knife, etc. is it legally allowed by Police. is there any special permission needed if we have to carry such PERSONAL SAFETY EQUIPMENT.

Can any fellow Team-BHPian clarify my doubt.
Old 20th July 2015, 20:47   #90
Team-BHP Support

Here are ten Cardinal Rules of Self Defence...

http://www.myselfdefensetraining.com...-self-defense/
Samurai is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks