Team-BHP - Car Vandalism!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Car Vandalism! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/42362-car-vandalism-15.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 403902)
Used the panic button on Autocop to scare the wits out of them, and make the guards take notice.

Hahaha..I used to do that when i had the esteem.. Happened to me a lot of times in the Oracle parking lot.. They lean against the car like as though the own it.. On one instance the idiot was sitting on the boot(post lunch)...
The alarm sure did make him jump up and look around sheepishly as everyone was staring at him after that..
Me and my friends just stood there and were laughing..

Godfather

Our apartment complex has four buildings, ours being the farthest from the guard post.
So all you need to do is walk next to the cars with a blade in hand can do a casual swipe.
Plan to get the tough green cloth type cover.
The determined guy will need to be persistent to cut through, and this increases likelihood of being caught.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather (Post 403911)
Hahaha..I used to do that when i had the esteem.. Happened to me a lot of times in the Oracle parking lot.. They lean against the car like as though the own it.. On one instance the idiot was sitting on the boot(post lunch)...
The alarm sure did make him jump up and look around sheepishly as everyone was staring at him after that..
Me and my friends just stood there and were laughing..

Godfather

Good one there... although in my case, i bore with them for a while thinking they were the typical harassed Indian software engineers having a smoke late evening. I was sitting inside the car all this while. Its when i overheard them say "Koi ***** ander baitha hain.." that i decided to teach them a lesson they would remember for some time. A cold stare also added to the occassion.

My car was dented by a kid. Three days after we bought the car. Hit it with a stone. :-(

Newly painted maruti 800 (white) vandalised by kids in r own housing society during holi ( a few yrs back in Bombay)

Dad's indica routinely vandalised in his society in a place called Roha (this was company car, and he had a generous maintainence fund- so no heartburn here)

My swift vandalised here in bangalore- some kids throwing pebbles and 2 tyres deflated (these were 2 seperate occassions).

Happens everywhere. There was also a news item of rich kids spraying paint on cars parked somewhere in mumbai....

Thats it have had enough. Last night some guys had again parked their car in front of the gate, when the watchman tried to stop them they said they would be back in 2 min, that was not the case. I got home at 11pm and was maddd when i saw a car parked there, called up a few friends removed the air from all tyres and some how managed to move the car to the middle of the road. It caused a huge traffic jam and the cops were at the scene, finally when they came out of the pub they got a good thrashin from the cops and a lot of nice words from the harrased crowd

Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite (Post 403929)
My car was dented by a kid. Three days after we bought the car. Hit it with a stone. :-(

Ouchh that would really hurt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik1982 (Post 403964)
Last night some guys had again parked their car in front of the gate, ..... removed the air from all tyres

Well, they parked in front of the gate- and hence u were not able to enter the compound- so serves them right.

Quote:

and the cops were at the scene, finally when they came out of the pub they got a good thrashin from the cops and a lot of nice words from the harrased crowd

Serves them right

Quote:

It caused a huge traffic jam and the cops were at the scene,

Sorry for the lecturing, but IMO that was not a nice thing to do. what if there was an ambulance there, or a firebrigade, or even a private car that had to rush to a hospital.....

Quote:

Thats it have had enough. Last night some guys had again parked their car in front of the gate, when the watchman tried to stop them they said they would be back in 2 min, that was not the case. I got home at 11pm and was maddd when i saw a car parked there, called up a few friends removed the air from all tyres and some how managed to move the car to the middle of the road. It caused a huge traffic jam and the cops were at the scene, finally when they came out of the pub they got a good thrashin from the cops and a lot of nice words from the harrased crowd

Hey Nik,
good job - fantastic; when are you in bangalore next? I could use those 'moving-car-to-middle-of-road skills'.

I am about to move into an apartment complex and happen to have a good parking spot just close to the entrance and many people feel it is their god-given right to park there (and block my parking/car); i have been letting it loose on those drivers (generally being a terror so that they are prepared for fire when i actually move in) and told security that the next time something like this happens, i am going to take out the air from the tyres. if they cannot do their job, then it will be fun to see them being blasted by someone else..... :)

btw guys, think a million times before taking your car and parking it on commercial street; there are some demented people there who love to leave long scratches down the sides of cars. the parking guys there are totally useless and wont do anything to prevent these spastics who dont think before damaging someone's property.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheeliej (Post 404108)
btw guys, think a million times before taking your car and parking it on commercial street;

I never take it there due to parking hassels- usually go there on my scooter. In Jan I and my wife were caught in the middle of that riot which happened on tearing of some posters etc, scooter was parked close to the trouble spot. Was relieved that I didnt have my car in that area.

Wheeliej, How abt the latest AK-57 to solve your parking problem? I wouldnt mind giving a live demo abt its usage

MAG, taking up some new community service, is it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 404128)
MAG, taking up some new community service, is it?

I'm a very sociable guy that way.

[quote=Wheeliej;404105]Hey Nik,
good job - fantastic; when are you in bangalore next? I could use those 'moving-car-to-middle-of-road skills'.

Honestly it was pretty simple three of us manged in 5 min, by the way their car was a santro so not very heavy.