Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2008, 09:25   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
, when the auto guys body was take out the brain was out from neck. I think the fire department came and opened the smashed Corsa as the driver body was stuck inside. I.
What an earth are you trying to say, please take time to think and type!

Quote:
EGL and the other ITES organisations should consider partnering with the state government and build a 'magic box' underpass here.
We already pay big taxes and extortionate rents and you want more
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2008, 09:27   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
a certain inebriated young man on new years night, drove at high speed into the divider at the Domlur junction, engine dropped out, car went flying across the road.

The lad survived and walked off. Cops were rather puzzled as the engine was in the Domlur limits and the car was in the indiranagar limits, they ere too busy arguing while the lad sobered up and returned to the scene~
Ajmat, Any idea how it was resolved. Where exactly is this spot ? Was wondering the irresponsible behavior of the police
Old 18th July 2008, 09:36   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Ajmat, Any idea how it was resolved. Where exactly is this spot ? Was wondering the irresponsible behavior of the police
I think it was settled by a three way nefarious means as the boy left the scene. Spot is where the flyovers are now
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2008, 09:44   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
What an earth are you trying to say, please take time to think and type!
I am shocked on what I have typed, thanks you for bringing that to my notice Ajit. I was trying to say that the auto guy’s brain was out from his neck. Yes, it was the fire extinguisher truck which came with some tools for cutting open the fence and even they cut the top of the car to take the NRI guys body out.

I was there till the body’s were cleared..

Last edited by vinayvtec : 18th July 2008 at 09:48.
Old 18th July 2008, 10:56   #50
BANNED

Yesterday evening at 7:40 again one F1 driver in White Swift having those famous LED tail lamps and loud pipes along with chrome alloys was doing zig zag from EGL towards Koramangala and one more bullet guy joined him and both started racing and zig zag, hope those Mo***s are not in Team-bhp, if you guys are listening then keep one thing in your mind that these roads are public road its not owned by you so use it according to law or buy your own roads and do what ever you want to.If so much of itch is there for speed come to track.
Old 18th July 2008, 11:13   #51
BHPian

I myself was involved in an accident on my Samurai which was barely few months old in early 2000.
That was on 100ft road, just after IRR ended. I used to be careful on IRR considering its notorious reputation, but ended up in head on collision with another Yamaha(heading towards IRR from Indiranagar) at a high speed.

I am telling this story to tell, things were lot more empty, and it had its share of advantages and disadvantages.
Unless driven carefully, there are bound to be accidents.
Empty road or crowded, take precautions while driving.

I was waiting to take turn in front of Nandini, to have dinner(I was returning from swimming at Jayanagar Swimming pool at around 9:30PM after 8 to 9 class)

There was a misunderstanding about who is waiting/moving. I was on yellow line to take turn, since the oncoming bike was fast, he assumed, I would move, and he came towards yellow line. and I moved thinking he is coming.
There was confusion in this process, and he came and crashed onto me.
I had to replace my fuel tank, handle bar, and chassis
I heard that the front tyre of Yamaha is twisted, didnt see it physically though, as both drivers(the yamaha guy and me) spent some time in hospitals.
I was wearing helmet, heard that the other guy was not, and broke his nose bone. I came to know through police, since both of us went to different hospitals after police took us to Nimhans. The restaurant guys were helpful, and took us both to CMH first, and from there Police picked up the next step.

Lessons learnt:
Many. Most important
Always wear helmet/ seat belt
always drive carefully. Maintain distance which enables response time of at least 2 secs. More is better. but that is minimum for a normal healthy person.
Anticipate and drive. With your experience now, if you see a vehicle moving in a certain way, you know they are erratic, keep away from them.
Old 18th July 2008, 14:11   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Lessons learnt:
Many. Most important
Always wear helmet/ seat belt
always drive carefully. Maintain distance which enables response time of at least 2 secs. More is better. but that is minimum for a normal healthy person.
Anticipate and drive. With your experience now, if you see a vehicle moving in a certain way, you know they are erratic, keep away from them.

sriturl, than we driving or riding our own vehicle we need to look at how the other are driving around us, some time even when there is no mistake from our end, due to other mistake we need to pay the bill, mainly with BTS guys, auto guys and the cab guys (at least some of the cab guys are okay). If I see a Auto, Bus or the tipper lorries, I will keep my car/ bike at least 5 feet far (I don’t bother is some one calls me a learner in this case) and if I notice they are behind my ride and a signal is ahead I will slow down before only so that they will be forced to loose there vehicles pick-up, then they wont come and knock from behind and say you stopped suddenly.

In ORR I have seen many tipper lorry drivers, driving as they wish, even in IRR. The main reason for staying at least 5 feet far from tipper lorries is because they would not close the end door, so the stones and the mud which they carry in them can fall on my ride. Every drive and ride is a learning experience. People can master a track, but not a traffic roads which is for public.
Old 18th July 2008, 14:49   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
if you guys are listening then keep one thing in your mind that these roads are public road its not owned by you so use it according to law or buy your own roads and do what ever you want to.If so much of itch is there for speed come to track.
, thats the best message you can give anyone.

I must admit that i am tempted to drive at high speeds most of the times,its a BHP'ian tendency.But certainly not at the cost of public inconvenience. And anyways man with the kind of traffic Bangy has you cant even get to the 3rd gear, unless anyone travels mostly on ring road.

Still guys want to know if there's any place where you can drive your car flat out without having to bother about public.
Old 18th July 2008, 15:02   #54
Senior - BHPian

There's no place you can drive your car flat out in Bangalore unless you rent out any race tracks or Jakkur aerodrome if available !!

NICE corridor is a good place to rip .. again there is traffic on that road and one is expected to be cautious at all times.

Coming back to the IRR, the boxpass is a good idea. Now who will bell the cat?
Old 18th July 2008, 15:05   #55
BHPian

I stay very close to IRR left side of the Domlur flyover. Most of the weekends I can hear roaring engines with half clutching after 2AM. This includes super bikes and Exhaust modified Cars.

I have already called up the Traffic helpline number and informed the inspector about speeding after midnight during weekends. He was telling me that they will have a patrol every weekend on this area till early morning, and give chellan to many. Still it continues as many of the college kids organize drag there. Anyways they are keeping an eye on it.
Old 18th July 2008, 15:13   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
I stay very close to IRR left side of the Domlur flyover. Most of the weekends I can hear roaring engines with half clutching after 2AM. This includes super bikes and Exhaust modified Cars.

I have already called up the Traffic helpline number and informed the inspector about speeding after midnight during weekends. He was telling me that they will have a patrol every weekend on this area till early morning, and give chellan to many. Still it continues as many of the college kids organize drag there. Anyways they are keeping an eye on it.
There used to be drags being held there but due to cop vigilance that has literally trimmed down now and this is actually news to me about the recent development of such kind of drags being held there. Overall, this stretch definitely needs some well planned and organized traffic infrastructure because of the potential hazards that lurk there.
Old 18th July 2008, 15:46   #57
BHPian

The Hindu : Karnataka / Bangalore News : Army, police fire over each other’s shoulder

why couldn't the militarywallah's bullet hit those dragsters instead of that poor girl!
Old 22nd July 2008, 00:20   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
The Hindu : Karnataka / Bangalore News : Army, police fire over each other’s shoulder

why couldn't the militarywallah's bullet hit those dragsters instead of that poor girl!
That's not a very nice thought.
Old 22nd July 2008, 12:21   #59
BHPian

Sorry!
I dint mean any harm!

That thought came from the fact that, the so called 'dragsters' are not a very welcoming sight if one has to cross the inner ring road at an odd hour.

May peace prevail!
Old 22nd July 2008, 19:22   #60
Senior - BHPian

THREE!!Three accidents in the past week of going to college.

Accident 1:Indicab brakes to avoid people taking the u-turn before the ejipura signal.Biker sees the indicabs brakelights come on and grabs the front brake.Bike cart wheels,biker thrown off.All this happens 4-feet from the auto i was sitting in.Biker gets up immediately.

Accident 2:God knows how but a tempo traveller is seen upturned in the gutter at just before the last right-hander heading towards indiranagar.Passengers are said to have had serious head injuries.

Accident 3:Today morning.The BMP woman is standing on the divider picking up trash and throwing it into the bin which she has placed on the right of the fast-lane(whether it exists or not).Im in an auto in the middle lane,ahead of is a biker tailgating a baleno on the fast lane.

The bmp woman steps off the divider onto the road not bothering to look.Baleno's wheels are locked up .Biker goes straight into the rear of the car.Falls down and starts cursing.

If only these people had a bit of sense!
binz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks