Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2008, 03:17   #1
BHPian

Be very conscious while driving in Inner ring road (IRR)

“Alert “people who are driving on IRR please be very care full while taking the curve on the road. From past 2 days I have seen at least 5 accidents in the Inner ring road (IRR, I have seen many worst in the same road), I don’t know why the hell people want to come is high speed and take those curves, only a person who know the road very well can take those curves and not everyone, it had rained very heavily and even the road is very slippery. Please people tell your friends and family members to be very conscious while driving in the IRR.

High Alert Zone: while coming from Ejipura signal to the Indiranagar flyover. While coming from Ejipura signal there is a U turn, before the MNC buildings... after you cross the U turn there is a very tricky curve, please check on that while driving. There will be no street light at night, but they have put some reflectors a month back I believe.

Even while you are traveling from Indiranagar flyover toward the Ejipura signal you need to be very careful after the MNC’s on your left side, but this curve is not as tricky as the opposite one.

In last 48 hours a Tempo traveler, quails, Indica, sumo and a Verna has got damaged very badly. Some months back a lady who had got the Scorpio for the test drive (showroom is located at the coroner of the road) had also met with accident and the vehicle had come to the opposite lane and was stuck in the fence that’s laid by the ARMY guys.

Last edited by vinayvtec : 16th July 2008 at 03:25.
vinayvtec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2008, 03:30   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
“Alert “people who are driving on IRR please be very care full while taking the curve on the road. From past 2 days I have seen at least 5 accidents in the Inner ring road (IRR, I have seen many worst in the same road), I don’t know why the hell people want to come is high speed and take those curves, only a person who know the road very well can take those curves and not everyone, it had rained very heavily and even the road is very slippery. Please people tell your friends and family members to be very conscious while driving in the IRR.

High Alert Zone: while coming from Ejipura signal to the Indiranagar flyover. While coming from Ejipura signal there is a U turn, before the MNC buildings... after you cross the U turn there is a very tricky curve, please check on that while driving. There will be no street light at night, but they have put some reflectors a month back I believe.

Even while you are traveling from Indiranagar flyover toward the Ejipura signal you need to be very careful after the MNC’s on your left side, but this curve is not as tricky as the opposite one.

In last 48 hours a Tempo traveler, quails, Indica, sumo and a Verna has got damaged very badly. Some months back a lady who had got the Scorpio for the test drive (showroom is located at the coroner of the road) had also met with accident and the vehicle had come to the opposite lane and was stuck in the fence that’s laid by the ARMY guys.
very true @vinayvtec..this one time i was speeding on that same road in my trusted santro, must be on 120km/hr and when i took that sharp turn, swear for a split second felt almost airborne on the left side..

thank God it was not raining..
Old 16th July 2008, 05:53   #3
BHPian

When I was going through the related thread noticed an experts comment on the IRR

Street and Travel Experiences > Street Experiences
ring road drag.....accident

In a post ajmat has explained very well about the IRR

Inner ring road - during these rains = driving on a bed of marbles!
Old 16th July 2008, 09:10   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
When I was going through the related thread noticed an experts comment on the IRR

Street and Travel Experiences > Street Experiences
ring road drag.....accident

In a post ajmat has explained very well about the IRR

Inner ring road - during these rains = driving on a bed of marbles!
Let me tell you

In a certain Vtec, if you drive fast from Ejipura, before the u turn, is a mini hump back bridge. Hit it at a high speed and the car is air borne and the next 3 secs depends on god before you hit the ground and then need to plan for the curve.

Now that this has become a proper U turn point, do not bother to increase speed until after the U turn and that too, take a good look at the traffic on the curve. Very rarely will it be safe to even do so these days.

On a sidenote, during the Vtec test drivem I would have loved to have demonstrated those curves to you Vinay but then your uncle would have not let you buy the car.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2008, 09:23   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
On a sidenote, during the Vtec test drivem I would have loved to have demonstrated those curves to you Vinay but then your uncle would have not let you buy the car.
I can manage those curves very well, I used to manage then in iKon, so honda is not a issue, but there are some new people how are hitting the road Ajit, some of them are dying on the spot even our police is not taking any action on it. The college going buddies will be in josh to take those curve and they will get caught without proper judgment.
Old 16th July 2008, 09:25   #6
BANNED

Reflectors? Eh?
That is one curve which requires some good warning lights and boards. The worst is that it's almost like a very badly designed chicane. A left and then a sharp right. And very poor visibility to add.

Now that the Uturn is unavoidable, the authorities need to think of some safety measures in this stretch.
Old 16th July 2008, 09:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
That is one curve which requires some good warning lights and boards. The worst is that it's almost like a very badly designed chicane. A left and then a sharp right. And very poor visibility to add.
Add to that the downward slope of the road.
I'm surprised that after so many accidents, no speedbreakers have come up on this section of the road.
Old 16th July 2008, 10:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

IRR's "U" turn after the Ejipura signal definitely needs a speed breaker with proper warning posts. Around a month back one of my friend had an accident as the indicab coming from the Domlur side took the U-turn only to ram into his 800. Luckily he got out with a broken thumb alone.
Old 16th July 2008, 10:38   #9
BHPian

i still remember my incident that happened almost 2 years back.
I was driving my avenger, was returning home from office and just as i cleared one of the curves a stray dog jumped in my path.

I went over the dog and slipped, my bike skidded and landed almost 10-15 feet away from me. and I literally did about 3 rolls on the road.

Thankfully no one wa behind me.

seriously that is one dangerous set of curves and all wannabe Casey Stoners' , Rossi's want to have a bite at this road.

Not to also mention wannabe Kimi's and schumi's
Old 16th July 2008, 10:45   #10
BANNED

I works at EGL and its really scary specially if traffic is not much as everyone tries to be F1 or MotoGP driver over there, all 4 wheeler owners be careful of those 2 wheeler racers as they feels they are the fastest ones and immediatly after overtaking any 4 wheeler they comes just in front of the 4 wheeler.
All 2 wheeler guys be careful of our local versions on F1 drivers as they dont mind overtaking you from left hand side.
End of the day we all have to be careful driving in that road, not only that road any road we have to be careful.
Old 16th July 2008, 10:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

A long stretch of Rumblers is what is required just before the curve on both sides. So by the time the speeders try to pickup again, the curve is covered.
Old 16th July 2008, 11:47   #12
BHPian

And also, when you are taking those turns you start in one lane and end up in the extreme opposite lane by the time you complete the turn - unless of course you know that you are 'driving' and not 'racing'
Old 16th July 2008, 12:26   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
And also, when you are taking those turns you start in one lane and end up in the extreme opposite lane by the time you complete the turn - unless of course you know that you are 'driving' and not 'racing'
sanjay with you and mostly on those curves folks riding on the right most lane panic to maintain in being in the same lane and try to come onto the middle lane and many fail to negotiate this particular curve and hence the reason for such accidents @ that curve.
Old 16th July 2008, 12:28   #14
Senior - BHPian

I must admit , I did that curve a few days back at good speeds and my tyres were screaming . Well the roads were dry then, imagine the situation when it rains.

BTW most of these so called F1 drivers and MotoGP riders work in the IT industry. College going kids can be scared with a nice little high revv from the car. The trick works, some them scoot and make way at the very sound of the high revv's from the car.

The worst are the educated class they never seem to heed to anything.
Old 16th July 2008, 12:37   #15
Senior - BHPian

I agree with you.

The turns on Inner Ring Road are dangerous. It is a common sight to see vehicles stuck on the median.

The U turn just after the bridge is also dangerous as cars would be coming fast on the straight road and the view while taking U turn is pathetic because of trees on the median.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks