Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2018, 17:31   #46
BHPian

Re: U-Turn Indicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Isn't that the hand signal for turning left?

Most of the drivers/riders on road don't even bother to use the one indicator they have. Giving one more indicator is just not going to help.
You are signaling left if you are rotating your right hand anti clockwise with your palm facing down, along with the left indicator of course. I have not seen any driver signaling with their right hand to turn left. It will be a blessing if they, at a very minimum, use the left indicator.

I use the u turn signal described previously in conjunction with the right indicator. I think its quite intuitive. In driving conditions like ours where lack of standards is the only standard, employing common sense measures help in my opinion.
Old 25th May 2022, 09:46   #47
BHPian

Re: U-Turn Indicator

So many times I've found myself stopping on a T-point for someone whom I think is gonna pass in front of me but ends up turning L/U without warning.
My survival hack on Indian roads is to move to the middle lane when coming to a stop on the red light (as everyone should) if there is someone in front of me since most of these people like to turn on their indicators after the light turns green.
A separate U turn indicator would be as useless as the G in lasagna.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks