Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2009, 23:39   #61
BHPian

If you remove the Distributor Cap, you need to be a mechanic to fit it right every morning.
Old 2nd September 2012, 12:44   #62
BHPian

Re: Brand new Bolero: Almost stolen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Sriku - please do all of these things I am writing below. At least you will sleep well at night.

1 ----- As it is a very well known fact that thieves remove the lock barrel from its location on the door / fuel cap, please REMOVE LOCK BARRELS FROM ALL LOCATIONS OUTSIDE YOUR VEHICLE. Also remove the small link rods which attach to these barrels (these are inside the door). Block the holes which will remain in the doors with rubber plugs. You can use the front suspension bump stop of the Mahindra Champion 3 wheeler for the same. Any M&M dealer will sell them to you. They cost Rs.14 per piece. LESSON TO THIEVES - "THERE IS NO LOCK BARREL TO STEAL - HOW WILL YOU MAKE THE KEY?" There have been people who have just removed the inner rods so barrels do not work even after the thieves have made the key but even then the thieves will spoil your door paint / body trying to pry out something which will finally not work. So it is best to install the rubber plug, the guy will see it, curse you and move on to the next vehicle. Then equip your vehicle with the ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT remote security system. Please DO NOT use any nonsense which is sold in accessory shops (most of it is nonsense anyways). It does not work. You will have to carry both remotes with you at all times to prevent the possibility of the battery of one of them running out on you as you come out of a party at night.

PLUS

2 ----- Use a "danda" on the steering wheel. This device is available in Europe but is not very popular in our country. There are places in England where if you give an undertaking to use such a device, your insurance premium is halved. Good quality devices cost around 100 euros but it is a wise investment. Alternatively, you can go totally local, buy a stout chain from CST Road in Kurla and use a Godrej Nav Taal lock to loop it over the steering wheel. These are effective visual deterrents. Please remember that a gear lever lock is not a very effective idea in vehicles which have the gear lever designed in two pieces. The thieves are not idiots. They will come with correct size spanners. Common sense, isn't it?

PLUS

3 ----- there are SIM CARD controlled systems by which you arm and disarm your vehicle using your mobile. The advantage is that even if someone threatens you and drives off, you can run some distance away and arm your vehicle using the mobile. The engine will switch off and can only be started after the disarm command is flashed. However, don't just install this. First think differently. These things finally prevent current from reaching critical areas on the engine. A smart electrician can still bypass these things so fabricate and fit brackets on the connectors which will prevent anybody from having a quick access to these locations. Also, the relays which control these functions must be removed from their normal locations and reassembled with suitable brackets in a location known only to you.

On an average, it takes 24 days to equip a vehicle with such systems. Need I say more?

ALSO, PLEASE PM ME. I WILL HELP YOU IN TOTALITY.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear Sir,
Thanks for this post. I have some more doubts regarding Tracker system & other mechanical security measures. Have sent you a PM.

Please help.
Old 4th September 2012, 20:20   #63
BHPian

Re: Brand new Bolero: Almost stolen.

[quote=sriku;1335846]Hello fellow Bhp-ians,

The attempted theft:
I have recently taken delivery of a White Bolero SLX from Global Gallarie Thane. The vehicle pooja happened on the day of delivery, Friday. Since then, I have torn off the plastics, filled the gas tank and taken my parents to a multitude of temples in Thane and Mumbai. 1. Immobilizer. This is not factory fitted, but I will speak with the dealer and service manager to install it without voiding my warranty. If they still void my warranty, then I will raise hell.
2. Steering lock: Mainly for preventive purpose. I know the steering can be broken and this lock can be negated. But whatever gets me through the night.
3. Audible alarm: The Bolero remote locking does not use an audio notifier. Only the indicators blink to show the locking is successful. I will have to fit some audible system for both remote locking as well as theft alarm.
4. Am running out of ideas here, request fellow forum mates to suggest better security systems. Any inputs will be hugely appreciated.

quote]

Sriku
Good to know your car is safe. Will get myself a gear lock for sure.
Definitely your almanac is very favorable and the guard was a blessing in disguise.

Try installing a sensory alarm which triggers at break in pressure (autocop has this one)

on the lighter side try leaving fevicol on the seat in the night so that the thief cannot run away

Cheers
prasad

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks