Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 17:19   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
So inner ring road will be neck to neck jam from Domlur till sony world .If ever stuck in this jam , clutch life will be reduced to half . Damn ...need to go out through internal routes now .
Hey i need those internal routes!! Can you share please? I want to avoid IRR, getting out of EGL and going to Silk Board.
Old 18th September 2009, 18:20   #47
Senior - BHPian

Can't imagine, Nature's fury, Roads became rivers in an hour of heavy showers. Even if Bangy had an acceptable level of administration, it would have proven too less for such a showdown as today.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 18th September 2009 at 18:21.
Old 18th September 2009, 18:31   #48
Team-BHP Support

Cross posting from theme photo link but this was the scene in the afternoon at Tavarakare Main Rd leading to BTM from Koramangala side
Attached Thumbnails
Slight Floods in Bangalore this morning!-photo.jpg  

Old 18th September 2009, 19:09   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Cross posting from theme photo link but this was the scene in the afternoon at Tavarakare Main Rd leading to BTM from Koramangala side
OMG!! What has happened to my dear old City? Despite heavy rains, I never remember Bangalore flooded like this. Nothing like Chennai where I have had horrible experiences galore getting caught in Monsoons during Diwali Times.

Many Road which had a decent drainage system at the side of the roads, have got paved with new foot paths and the drainage holes closed. Where will all the water all go?
Old 18th September 2009, 19:47   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Hey i need those internal routes!! Can you share please? I want to avoid IRR, getting out of EGL and going to Silk Board.
Amit , no way to avoid IRR .
But from DELL office going to ejipurapura signal we earlier can take left( now there is not left here and cops will be standing at this left signal as a bait,these idiots have put no left signal from few days back , i dont understand why we cant have a left here) and immediate right and keep going, you can avoid traffic and go to silk board from here .

PS : Blore is flooded ,totalled . 2 deaths due to electric lines it seems. .
Old 18th September 2009, 22:01   #51
Team-BHP Support

Wife parks car at my mothers place on Lavelle Road (no proper parkig anywhere else) and goes to Bounce. Get a call

Please pick me up
Did n't you take your car?
Yes - but I cannot step out of Bounce since it is 0.5 ft of water.
Drive over and get near pavement and she leaps in

This is in an area with highest land prices!

Best is Sunny's - no one can get in or out

Last edited by ajmat : 18th September 2009 at 22:02.
Old 19th September 2009, 06:49   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Oh My God. Look at that. Takes some nerves to drive through that scene. BTW isn't this the road that ends in front of Forum and passes Oracle Lexington Towers ?
Old 24th September 2009, 19:34   #53
BHPian

Surprisingly no one has written about the rains last night. The place I live in Yeshwanthpur was completely flooded. Also the IISC campus compound wall (near divanarapalya) was broken due to the rain. No pics sorry
Old 24th September 2009, 21:25   #54
Senior - BHPian

And it has been raining most of all evening and night, it is still raining as I type ! However, since I stay in an area which is at the crest of a small hillock, no flooding problems for me ! I'm sure this thread will be 'flooded' tomorrow though with hard stories !
Old 24th September 2009, 21:42   #55
Senior - BHPian

Wife is stuck under Dairy Circle bridge as I type. She will require 45 minutes to complete 1 kms of road. Absolutely pathetic.
Old 24th September 2009, 21:42   #56
BHPian

I am stuck in my office in EC. My friend who left at 8pm has not even reached Silk Board! Looks like a long night for me at work. :(
Old 24th September 2009, 22:28   #57
Senior - BHPian

I managed to reach home in the evening without much problem. But it seems major problem happened after 8 PM only. A friend of mine got stuck on Bannerghatta road. According to him, suddenly water level rose to nearly knee deep, close to Pride apartments.
Old 24th September 2009, 22:42   #58
BHPian

Phew, managed to reach home by 8Pm, after spending a good hour n a quarter from Mg road to Vijayanagar!

Guess many would have come across this in the papers today, but here it is for others benefit -

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Post edited. Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

The bus passengers were physically lifted to safety from the half-submerged bus near the overbridge on Subedar Chatram road, by night beat police. In Malleswaram, the beating rain brought down the compound wall of the railway station onto the tracks at around10 pm. The Hampi Express, which left Bangalore City railway station for Hubli around 10.45 pm reached Malleswaram station five minutes later. When the train was about to leave after a one-minute stoppage, the driver felt something was amiss on the tracks and decided not to proceed. Closer examination by railway staff with the help of powerful torches revealed that a considerable portion of the wall was on the tracks. The train was then taken back to the City station. It will now proceed to Yeshwantpur railway station and head to Hubli on another track.

Lauding the driver, a top railway official said, "There would have definitely been a derailment if the driver had not noticed it." Railway staff quicky cleared the tracks and train movement was restored by midnight.

Rain water gushed into houses in low-lying areas of Nandini layout, Yeshwanthpura, RMV second stage, Mattikere, Basaveshwarnagar, Vijaynagar and Padmanabhagar. A tree came crashing down on a road between Mekhri Circle and Jayamahal. However it was cleared immediately. The rain triggered traffic jams in and around Majestic area, K R Puram, Hosur Road and Yeshwanthpur. According to the Meteorology Department, the City received 30.8 mm rainfall. Weather in City will be generally cloudy and rain or thunder showers are likely on Thursday, added the sources.

Close call for bus, train passengers

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th September 2009 at 10:53.
Old 25th September 2009, 08:28   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Corrupt Town planning authority and implementation agencies like BBMP are to be blamed for the mess created in Bangalore. It looks like no one has a vision for this IT city.Builders and individuals holding flats /houses are also to be blamed for the flooding.
First (a few years back) a family with their car were washed away in rains in Bangalore.

This month, a couple of kids were washed away.

Yesterday, an entire house (well built, RC, pucca house) went down the drain in Bangalore See today's 'The Hindu' Page 1.

Welcome to Bangalore !!
Old 25th September 2009, 09:55   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
First (a few years back) a family with their car were washed away in rains in Bangalore.

This month, a couple of kids were washed away.

Yesterday, an entire house (well built, RC, pucca house) went down the drain in Bangalore See today's 'The Hindu' Page 1.

Welcome to Bangalore !!
Yeah. I read the article in Hindu today. Poor Family who lived there losing all their valuables. That House Owner should be penalised and made to pay all the cost building unauthorised houses that close to the canal

Report on the Chaos
The Hindu : Karnataka / Bangalore News : Rain leaves citizens groping in the dark

Today is the start of a 3-day weekend, going to be great fun at Majestic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks