Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2010, 12:48   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsid View Post

Maybe something similar would have happened. Some fireworks residue or something.

Else its definitely a defect in the vapourizer (as it detected 100 RDX in another car too)
Yeah I guess so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Could be a fuel leak in the Safari and Accent which was caught by the vapour detector. Was the instrument a Explosive Vapour Detector (EVD) specifically for detecting RDX contents or a fuel vapour detector?
V12, yeah that makes sense as the accent was also a CRDI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
I had heard of a similar incident in my friends dads office. It was also detecting something on the machine. Later they came to know that the device was faulty and detecting all diesel vehicles.
Logic is there as the accent was also a diesel.All other vehicles that were tested in front of me were santros and i10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
1)
2) The "100" count is unlikely to be equated to Kgs. Its probably a "count per million particles" type figure.
Yeah it should be count per million only.Thanks for giving this insight.Because the thought of Kgs was freaking me out.
Quote:
3) This detector could be searching for traces of a certain component found in RDX. This component could also be used in other products - which your car might have come in contact with. (kinda like TSK mentioned - and ashwinsid's examples of fireworks is a good one too)
But my safari was parked full day yesterday in my porch and never moved.And i do not think anyone even touched it in my absence.

Quote:
4) The funny thing is that these security checkpoints are fairly useless. If someone did have RDX - i'm sure they could have a way to just drive through and do what they intended.
Cannot agree more.These checks are random in our office too.

Quote:
5) You're lucky this malfunction happened in apna India -- coz in some other places in the world, the immediate consequences could have been much worse for you. (Read about that traveller who's macbook pro got SHOT because it was "suspicious"...lol)
Alter_ego crosses his fingers,grins and thanks his stars

Quote:
All in all - a very iteresting tale. Hope there was no permanent damage done during the search.
cya
R
No damage as such.Just i felt bad for it.Its a part of me and they way they were pulling over the seats and stuff .I felt bad.thats it.No damage as such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Hmm let me crack this. What did u have for Breakfast?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
We might have hit the solution.
Lolz.Detetives, I had sandwich and juice for breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
Whoa Man, thats a realy different way to start the day & i agree to what v12 said above, it must smelling vapours of fuel etc & these guy are just trained that if shows the reading it means RDX
The sensor display had different bar(like that in a bar graph) for different explosives like TNT,RDX and the bar for RDX was skyrocketing in my case.
remaining all other were absent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
The sensors on these thing are Not that reliable.
By the way where was the RDX detected, I mean on the which part of the car did the device first give a reading?
The reading was taken when the device was pointed towards both the front doors.I mean they just stood perpedicular to the door with their analyser facing the doors.
Old 15th January 2010, 12:49   #32
Senior - BHPian

Wow which company is this ?

Did it detect RDX on other Diesels apart from Safari and Accent if not may be system D or some other additive.

Apart from finding RDX Ak47 / 56 / 74 are prohibited assault rifles which can fire up to 20 bullets per second.How come your office security got hold of them ? Do they have contacts with Sanjay Dutt and his 'friends' ?

Last edited by amitk26 : 15th January 2010 at 12:52.
Old 15th January 2010, 13:22   #33
BHPian

Btw!! which company do you work for!! By the looks of it, is it Infy?

Cheers
Shrey
Old 15th January 2010, 13:28   #34
BHPian

What a Scary Movement, Did you log a complaint or a feedback on the detecting machines to your company security department ?

Just Imagine if your car really had carried 100 kgs of RDX without your knowledge what would have resulted
Old 15th January 2010, 14:13   #35
Senior - BHPian

Crazy start to the day man!

btw, did you have mooli paranthas for breakfast by any chance?
Old 15th January 2010, 14:14   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Wow which company is this ?

Did it detect RDX on other Diesels apart from Safari and Accent if not may be system D or some other additive.

Apart from finding RDX Ak47 / 56 / 74 are prohibited assault rifles which can fire up to 20 bullets per second.How come your office security got hold of them ? Do they have contacts with Sanjay Dutt and his 'friends' ?
The AK47 gunmen were not office security but the CRPF or whatever force is deployed in electronic city.They stand guard near infy and my company as well.
And I do not use any additives like system D.All i use if shell diesel to move the beast.
Lolz no sanjaydutt connection though

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Btw!! which company do you work for!! By the looks of it, is it Infy?

Cheers
Shrey
Pretty close.But not infy.Just one notch below it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargava_sr View Post
What a Scary Movement, Did you log a complaint or a feedback on the detecting machines to your company security department ?

Just Imagine if your car really had carried 100 kgs of RDX without your knowledge what would have resulted
Imagining that itself makes me freak out.Actually even I was thinking when the sniffer dogs were doing their duty that if indeed something did turn out and what if someone might have put something when the safari was parked in the basement.Really sometimes these things really help you realise what all you have in life and you start to value the things which you had started taking for granted.
Quote:
Crazy start to the day man!
btw, did you have mooli paranthas for breakfast by any chance?
Lolz sick man.Why is everyone hitting out on my breakfast.
And still man's stomach has not evolved enough to start producing RDX with mooli parathas

Last edited by Alter_Ego : 15th January 2010 at 14:18.
Old 15th January 2010, 14:35   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post

Lolz sick man.Why is everyone hitting out on my breakfast.
Its the output of that which everyone is suspecting to be the reason
Old 15th January 2010, 14:52   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Its the output of that which everyone is suspecting to be the reason
Yeah I got it thats why I said that man's stomach hasn't evolved so much to make RDX out of mooli parathas, else Pakistan would soon turn into estates growing nothing but moolies
Old 15th January 2010, 17:11   #39
BANNED

On a serious note though, this speaks of the levels of efficiency, training and the accuracy of sniffer devices that our security personnel possess. It looks like they they did not even understand the seriousness of the situation and left your car parked at a place where an actual blast could have indeed triggered huge damage.
Had an anti social element actually sneaked in right after you, they would have easily let him/her through after a check of the vehicle saying "Aaj to yeh machine hi kharab hai, jaane do".

Do you know if any action was taken to have the sniffer replaced/rectified after the incident?

Not just your office, take one look at the so called metal detectors installed every where, does the guard even know what they are doing or are supposed to do? In fact, I drove up to the Leela last week and when the guard checked Hariya with a mirror, I asked him, "What are you looking for?" He says, "Sir, BOMB".
I asked him "Kaisa dikhta hai BOMB?" and He says "Sir, dekhne mein gol hota hai, kala hota hai aur usme ek wire laga hota hai".
Old 15th January 2010, 17:29   #40
Senior - BHPian

Dont be surprised if you land up on some page of TOI blore 16th morning!!

Ps - What did you eat last night.

Edit - Already answered by you (cldnt stop asking)

Last edited by svsantosh : 15th January 2010 at 17:30.
Old 15th January 2010, 18:02   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I asked him "Kaisa dikhta hai BOMB?" and He says "Sir, dekhne mein gol hota hai, kala hota hai aur usme ek wire laga hota hai".
Then all Safari DICORs 3.0 and 2.2 VTT ( except the latest batch) have a bomb hanging behind front Right wheel ( Vacuum Box)
Old 15th January 2010, 20:16   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Do you know if any action was taken to have the sniffer replaced/rectified after the incident?
No i do not think so.When I was leaving the office today evening nothing happened.the guards din't even utter a word.Will follow up the first thing on monday morning, only if the sniffer doesn't sound an alarm again

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Ps - What did you eat last night.
Is there a smiley pulling its hairs as I am doing exactly that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Then all Safari DICORs 3.0 and 2.2 VTT ( except the latest batch) have a bomb hanging behind front Right wheel ( Vacuum Box)
Lolz
Old 15th January 2010, 21:00   #43
BHPian

Good that it happened in your office where every one knows who you are. Assume that if this was done on a highway or any other public place or parking lots, you would have been in a bigger mess buddy !!.
Old 15th January 2010, 22:08   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Yeah I guess so.

V12, yeah that makes sense as the accent was also a CRDI.

Logic is there as the accent was also a diesel.All other vehicles that were tested in front of me were santros and i10.

The reading was taken when the device was pointed towards both the front doors.I mean they just stood perpedicular to the door with their analyser facing the doors.
Are there any more diesel cars in the office [does this happen when they are checked, I mean have you heard of any other incidence].
Do you use any different polish or something was the car washed with diesel any time earlier?
This thing should not happen [unless the sensor is acting up]. This is bad, your an employee of the company, they know you so it would be handled differently. Some one new would have been in trouble.
Old 15th January 2010, 22:36   #45
BHPian

The security guards are just picked up from the road and asked to put on a uniform. The other day on my visit to a mall I was quite amused to see the guard asking every one to go through a DFMD (Door Frame Metal detector) and then not checking any one, even though the detector was hooting away after every individual went through it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks