Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2010, 18:29   #16
GSP

Just to add to what aniketi mentioned, "When i said driver for 2 wheeler is wrong? But i dont think many people have it anywhere in the world.", we have a unique example in Goa where you have "Pilots" who will take you around on 2 wheelers for a fare
Old 11th March 2010, 18:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
CS: Drop her where you are and i will get her picked
Me: No way, i cannot drop her any where, it 7:00 PM already and its getting dark. we are going back to drop here from where we picked her
CS: No sir the cab is already running late, can you do me a favour by not telling this to any one?
Me: but the next pickups will know
CS: I will send them another cab
Me: so we will drop her at her office
CS: Please
Me: OK
So, what happened? You dropped her in the middle of nowhere or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I guess companies should come up with only 2 rear power windows car for India where people can afford a driver very easily. So that people can take revenge to driver
Why? Why would one want to be vengeful to the driver?

Haven't we all seen movies where drivers are the heroes? Dharmendra, Dev Anand, Raj Kapoor ... all of them have been drivers. They fall in love with the owner's daughter, and the story begins.
Old 11th March 2010, 19:04   #18
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post

Haven't we all seen movies where drivers are the heroes? Dharmendra, Dev Anand, Raj Kapoor ... all of them have been drivers. They fall in love with the owner's daughter, and the story begins.
That way I liked the concept of volvo buses. Even the driver sits in A/c. Unlike the earlier ac coaches where the drivers had a separate cabin and we have to open a door to get in to the seating area.
Old 11th March 2010, 20:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post

We dropped her at her office then i was dropped at mine.

Now another one: During my engineering in kerala, our college was 6 Kms from the city. Our little drinks party used to happen in the city and we usually use to miss our last bus, the spirits made our 6km long walk look fun. One such night we were walking on the way. When a man is little high the world is his toilet, so we get into a vaccant plot to answer nature's call, its pitch dark in front of us and we were 3-4 guys standing together and watering plants. All of a sudden we see a huge creature appearing from the dark. Our hearts were in our mouth. It was a huge elephant chained to a coconut tree, This elephant came for a festival, but it was enough to get us back to our senses. We walked back to our hostel much sober and sane.

Pramod
Old 11th March 2010, 23:21   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Do you know how much a fiat costs now a days? 70’s, 80’s fiats are still available in few numbers in Pune & some rare species are using it.
Don't you feel that usage - rare species - was in bad taste? Would you mind explaining what made you categorize them as rare species? I, indeed, would like to know, please.
Old 11th March 2010, 23:51   #21
BHPian

Ok, I was thinking to share this incident on TBHP but didn't know where to share it.

The other day, I was waiting at a signal in Thane at around 11 pm. It was a 2 lane road, I was at the extreme left and a Merc E Class was on the extreme right. Suddenly, an Accent came and stood between us. There wasn't much space and the ORVM of the Accent brushed with the Merc. The teens from the Accent came out and started banging their fists on the rear window of the Merc, ordering the owner to come out. The owner rolled down the window but they were adamant, so he came out and stood. He was wearing a suit kinda thing with 2 revolvers in it. The speed by which the teens entered the Accent and zoomed off was 10 times faster than they came out. I was on the verge of laughing, but controlled. Had a hearty laugh when I was telling it to a friend

Last edited by prateekm : 11th March 2010 at 23:55.
prateekm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2010, 00:20   #22
BHPian

Ok guys, spare the guy. I also did not find those funny, but enough said.
Old 12th March 2010, 01:16   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I firmly believe in looking down on anyone whatever be their economic status.
I hope that was a typo
Old 12th March 2010, 02:11   #24
BANNED

I found the thread a bit mean by the title of it (can-happen-only-india). It's kind of looking down to our own country.

Anyways, really spare the guy.. He wrote whatever he felt and ofcourse he would have justification to it, but can't provide to each and everybody.

Will wait to see this becoming The most controversial thread (Rakhi Sawant)
Old 12th March 2010, 07:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I hope that was a typo
Absolutely mate! Thanks for pointing out
Old 12th March 2010, 09:18   #26
BHPian

A friend of mine narrated this incident.

A lecturer of his was on a scooter at an intersection. Now, some 2-3 vehicles were at this intersection and the lecturer wanted to go straight. Well, there's no indicator to tell people you are going straight. No sweat! He pointed his hand straight ahead as if he was on a horse heading for an attack on the enemy and barged straight ahead.

Needless to say, people around him were too busy laughing to crash into him.
Old 12th March 2010, 09:49   #27
Senior - BHPian

An funny incident that I witnessed couple of years ago.

This happened on top of Richmond flyover in Bangalore - probably the only flyover in Bangalore where a traffic signal is there on top of the flyover, right at the middle.

I was waiting for the policeman to give us signal. Policeman raises his left hand, holding palm facing the opposite traffic side to stop the traffic, and directs us to proceed. A guy on scooter approaches from the opposite direction and raises his hand towards the policeman in exactly the same way. His palm is facing the policeman, in the same 'stop' signal fashion. And he breaks the signal, proceeds without even bothering to slow down.

To me, this appeared like those scenes in Mahabharata TV serial, where one side will send an 'asthra' which will be countered by another 'asthra' from the other side. Only thing missing here was the colorful lightworks when the asthras meet.
sbraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2010, 10:02   #28
Senior - BHPian

Arrr .... Ahhh ... Ohhh no ...

This is my reaction after reading replies. when i wrote this article i never had any of these negative thoughts you guys have mentioned. I dont want to tease anybody here or neither i want to insult anyone. For first incidance i have already written that I regret now. For other instances i just found the incidents funny and NOT the people involving in it. I dont have a single paisa disrespect for anybody involved in the above incidents. Still if you guys think its of bad taste then i am helpless.

I am sure that these kind of incidents happen mainly in India only. It does not mean looking down to India at all. I will rather say its variety of India, spice of India. Thats why India is different than any other country in the World.

Thanks,

Last edited by aniketi : 12th March 2010 at 10:04. Reason: corrected mistake
Old 12th March 2010, 10:24   #29
BANNED

Change the thread title to amusing instead of funny.
Old 12th March 2010, 10:34   #30
JVH
Senior - BHPian

While some of the incidents are amusing, the way it was narrated in the OP was certainly not. Fun is always relative.

I agree with Spitfire - the title can be changed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks