Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2010, 15:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

I had an invite for the opening of the Spar Hypermart but fortunately I called my friend and declined as I was pretty sure that it would be chaotic.
From the reports, I guess it turned out to be a good decision.
Old 15th March 2010, 16:18   #17
BHPian

Their parking design is pathetic. They ask vehicles to enter at the first left side entrance then drive through the walkway and then take left at the end of the walkway. But exit is also in the first gate (where they ask cars to enter). So they stop entering cars for few minutes so cars can exit, then exiting cars are stopped. Pathetic design.

I had been there yesterday. Their smoke detectors are still covered. So incase of fire, the detectors wont work. Nor proper mall layout map has been displayed. Emergency exit signs are not given. Exit boards are placed at random places. Still more than half of the store work is going on and the glue/turpentine oil/paint smell is circulated within the mall because of the air conditioning system, the PAS (Public address sytem) quality is pathetic - the announcements are not legible.

The mall has been opened to public in haste. If there is some emergency, it is a bad place to be right now. I doubt if the staff have been trained to handle emergencies (fire etc). Wanted to speak to the manager (was there after the Mall manager had emailed saying they will show us around. I am a safety auditor). But after reaching the mall, the manager did not pick up the phone. Left after taking a stroll.

My suggestion: Avoid the mall as of now. Wait for few months.
Old 15th March 2010, 16:55   #18
BHPian

The message board outside SPAR in Mantri Square Mall on Sunday (evening 8.30pm): "The shop is closed for the day because of the heavy crowd and the safety concerns"! (something on these lines)
Old 18th March 2010, 17:55   #19
BHPian

This is a very pathetic situation in Bangalore Infrastructure development scenarios.
The Builders/powerful/developer build a commercial building with out thinking the actual people safty/concern.They build a high storage comm complex with out any parking or a min no of parking space. Virtually people start parking their car
at the road. Or may be some time the parking is full so people has to wait on the road creating huge traffic for other vehicle.At the receiving end the Traffic Police also keep mum as they get a weekly Hafta from this people. These building/shop owner uses the public place for their own benefit. Some of the place that I Have observed here is.
1. SPAR (Koramangala - Sony)
2. Barbeque Rest (Domlur)
3. MK Ahmed (CMH)
4. All Big Bazar
5. Forum (Koramangala)
6. Total Mall (Old Airport Road)
Lists goes On....
Old 18th March 2010, 19:02   #20
BANNED

A mall was definitely not missed by residents of malleswaram as it is a self sustained area from time immemorial. This mall was need by the builders and the corrupt babus in the govt. As per town planning a Mall cannot come in such an area but planning is something not in our govts dictionary.

Just wait and watch how the condition deteriorates down the years- roads dug up due to this and trees cut down for that and old businesses demolished due to that and what not. Malleshwaram was one nice place with old bangalore ambiance now that will be no more.
Old 19th March 2010, 12:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
A mall was definitely not missed by residents of malleswaram as it is a self sustained area from time immemorial. This mall was need by the builders and the corrupt babus in the govt. As per town planning a Mall cannot come in such an area but planning is something not in our govts dictionary.

Just wait and watch how the condition deteriorates down the years- roads dug up due to this and trees cut down for that and old businesses demolished due to that and what not. Malleshwaram was one nice place with old bangalore ambiance now that will be no more.
Spot on!!! I have always loved Malleshwaram & Basavanagudi of the old bangalore. They were well planned (something that new localities lack). The govt is hell bent on destroying anything which is running smoothly. The new mall is just creating more traffic bottlenecks around the area. Although I'm not against the mall coming up, I feel that it could have been planned better.
Old 19th March 2010, 12:45   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Spot on!!! I have always loved Malleshwaram & Basavanagudi of the old bangalore. They were well planned (something that new localities lack). The govt is hell bent on destroying anything which is running smoothly. The new mall is just creating more traffic bottlenecks around the area. Although I'm not against the mall coming up, I feel that it could have been planned better.
^^ Have always loved the older Bangalore which is comparitively less chaotic, easy to walk and airy to shop. Malls have literally killed the beauty associated with the city. Not that I am against it but if planned well in proper locations, they can add glory to the "hi-tech" part as TOI always puts it !!
Old 19th March 2010, 14:20   #23
BHPian

I stay at stone throw distance from this MALL!!! Boon or Bane....

Every evening my lane becomes MALL parking place. And during Fri, Sat and Sun evenings, there is no place to walk on my road. People park their 2 wheelers anywhere they find place. Even right in front of our gate

I cannot remove my car on these evenings if i have to go anywhere as 2 wheelers are parked so close to the car, both back and front, also there is no use of taking the car as all roads are used as parking places with car parked on both sides with 2 wheelers in between them!! With Hell of traffic. Cars and 2 wheelers loaded with people and SPAR bags!

Now we have decided not to go anywhere between 5-10PM on these days for 1-2 months. Rather stay home and be far away from the chaos.

Moving around in and around malleshwaram has become a nightmare!
Old 19th March 2010, 17:48   #24
BHPian

BBMP should not give permission to build such a huge Mall where the sarrounding area's road are not enough wide. Last time (2 mon back) when I visited Malleswaram, i saw the chopped of shops for widening the roads. Now I believe it will be back to square due to the mall.
OT:- I preffer to visit in weekday evening rather than Weekend.
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:51   #25
BHPian

i had been there on Sat to visit a friend in the Mantri apts.

we had to park in sheshadripuram and walk!!!

Mantri should have pushed the building back by 20-30 feet and left some space for cars and people to enter the premises.
this way it might have been better.
Old 22nd March 2010, 15:39   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangan View Post

Mantri should have pushed the building back by 20-30 feet and left some space for cars and people to enter the premises.
this way it might have been better.
Thats the way BBMP sansanctino the building. Poor and lazy enginnering and lack of Vision. My friends went there yester day, it was complete mess it seems. They had to be in Q to enter inside the mall.

Local residense are also complaining about the Crowd and the parking all over the are in and around malleswaram.

One more same kind of mall is also comming up near ISKON temple Bigger than Mantri. So Guys be prepare, to waste more fuel and make these builder richer.
Old 22nd March 2010, 15:48   #27
BHPian

Everyone traveling on buses on Sampige road are cursing Mantri Mall. Even now both entry and exit are from the same gate. Its hard to explain, one has to see live what exactly I mean by their pathetic parking system. Also they have a pedestrian ramp where all the crowds walk to enter the mall. This same ramp is used by the entering and exiting cars. Most pathetic parking design.
Old 22nd March 2010, 15:59   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsid View Post
Also they have a pedestrian ramp where all the crowds walk to enter the mall. This same ramp is used by the entering and exiting cars. Most pathetic parking design.
The ramp is so close to the road.. I wonder how the road will be widened!
Old 22nd March 2010, 16:06   #29
BHPian

the parking is in a mess, although they have provision to park a few thousand cars, there is only one entry and one exit. The whole mall is at the intersection of a major road and the entry and exit are right at the intersection.

The parking it self is very bad. We just made our way out in time, but when i reached home i noticed my front bumper was scraped. I think the hydraulic parking was the culprit, they are not big enough for big cars and the metal protectors on either side can easily be overlooked.

while driving out, cars merge in from multiple lanes/parking level's, cause confusion on who has right of way, everyone is honking and none of the staff is able to co-ordinate this at all...total chaos!!

It's better to avoid big cars inside the mantri mall! it's better to use public transport or walk up!
Go only if you have a lot of time to spare..

Last edited by Neel : 22nd March 2010 at 16:11.
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:08   #30
Senior - BHPian

I had been to Mantri Square and it is a real nightmare.
What is happenning is, the traffic which comes from Sheshadripuram side has to criss-cross in to the heavy traffic coming from mejestic side if anyone has to enter Mantri Sqaure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks