Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:13   #31
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a mega mall called Hypercity is coming up at Kundalahalli Junction. Now itself one can imagine the chaos it is going to create.
Old 23rd March 2010, 08:57   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

...And then you have almost all the Radio channels airing advertisements of various brands within Mantri Square telling how you can walk to the nearest mall now (of course, Jams will ensure that you are forced to walk!!) or that you can now shop for groceries in Air-conditioned comfort and pay at one of the 52 cash counters. What the heck!
This isn't something new to any of the bigger cities in India (or even small towns) and I wonder what is the Intention?

Deccan Herald had a Photo of a massive traffic Jam on Saturday/Sunday and reported bottlenecks in and around Malleshwaram and Sheshadripuram areas due to the Mall. Yes, to me this is journalism unlike Times of India wanting to glorify the same fact by coming up with a Headline "IT City now has the biggest Jam after the biggest Mall, Shows the buying power of the city folks" . I wont be surprised if this newspaper (errr....tabloid) did this one day.

Let us wish and hope that the hype and hoopla subsides sooner and the residents do not continue to become victims of deliberately created urban chaos.
Old 23rd March 2010, 09:55   #33
BANNED

OMG, i did not know this thread existed.

Was there 21st March 2010 Sunday, Mall is HUGE, HUGE and JUST HUGE.

Has that automated lift jacks for accomodating 2 cars park at one place, good system.

Is very well designed.

BUT....... BUT

The mall is situated is the wrong place, atleast the entry and exit points are badly designed. One Entry and One Exit is a nightmare and that tooo a steeeeep incline.

All we could experience was stuck in the parking lot for over an hour and almost suffocating due to thin air content in the basement and to top it up all that foul smell of clutch burning

Just imagine the chaos once INOX starts operating from the next month. aaaaagggh!

Mantri Mall is a NIGHTMARE.

"I WOULD NEVER GO THERE AGAIN"
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:12   #34
BHPian

If MANTRI MALL wasn't enough, I read this in TOI a couple of days back,
Copy-Paste from TOI:

"Publication: Times Of India Bangalore; Date: Mar 18, 2010; Section: Times Business; Page: 22

Mantri plans a Rs 250-crore mega project in Malleswaram Anshul Dhamija | TNN

Bangalore: Old Bangalore is hotting up with developers upping the ante on mega real estate projects in the area.

After the opening of Mantri Square, in Malleswaram, which is a 1.7-mn sqft, 252-retail-outlets mall, Mantri Developers is planning another mega commercial project of 1.2 mn sqft, to come up behind Mantri Square.

It is proposed to be a Rs 250 crore commercial cum high-end residential highrise project, which would also include an 80,000 sqft metro station. The project is expected to be completed in 2013-2014.

The project will be coming up on a 5 to 6 acre land parcel. The residential units may sport a starting tag of Rs 1.5 crore.

All the planned development, including where Mantri Square is situated, is part of the 22-acre mill property that Mantri had acquired in an auction from NTC (National Textile Corporation).

Sushil Mantri, CMD, Mantri Developers, said there would be a 50:50 spilt of residential and commercial space, with a small retail concourse. “We are also building the metro station in partnership with the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation,” said Mantri. “We will be constructing the station for BMRCL and will bear all the construction costs. We have a revenue sharing agreement with them of 1% to begin with, which would be scaled up to 5% at a later stage.” There could be a link to connect Mantri Square, the metro station and the new 1.2 mn sqft mega project.

Mantri has already invested Rs 500 crore in developing Mantri Square.

Brigade Group’s 40-acre township, Brigade Gateway, is another upcoming realty project in the area, situated between Malleswaram and Rajajinagar."

Last edited by bblost : 23rd March 2010 at 11:56. Reason: Font Tags removed. Please do not copy paste from any editor except notepad. Thanks
Old 23rd March 2010, 11:16   #35
Senior - BHPian

Ever since they made (many years ago)the streatch in front of sampige (till Malleswaram cirlcle) to be 'one way', the traffic has been diverted to go through a residential area and come out near Central theatre. Now with his mall coming, it must be a nightmare to the residents of this area. There are sevral mini jams taking place at every junction. Worst is, you see the entire residential area being used for parking, which makes the roads even narrower.
Old 23rd March 2010, 11:45   #36
BHPian

I have my relatives living near the mall. They were very excited to have the mall next doors and had all the ooh.. aah.... about the mall.
I vey calmly told them to wait until the mall gets completed and they will have the worst disadvantage of being next to the mall.
Going by our blr bhp-ans experience, It's not very surprsing to see that it has already happened.
Old 24th March 2010, 18:00   #37
BHPian

Good news is that Race course will not have any construction. HC order is that this place should be used for Garden and park.

So this will be beneficial for us and will not to another huge traffic jam.
Old 25th March 2010, 09:54   #38
Senior - BHPian

It seems that the parking Entry & exit of the Mantri mall has changed. Entry is in the first gate & the exit is in the second gate. Everything is ulta palta in the parking area. So, remember if you see any directions there, just go opposite to it.
Old 25th March 2010, 14:19   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
...Deccan Herald had a Photo of a massive traffic Jam on Saturday/Sunday and reported bottlenecks in and around Malleshwaram and Sheshadripuram areas due to the Mall. Yes, to me this is journalism unlike Times of India wanting to glorify the same fact by coming up with a Headline "IT City now has the biggest Jam after the biggest Mall, Shows the buying power of the city folks" . I wont be surprised if this newspaper (errr....tabloid) did this one day.

Let us wish and hope that the hype and hoopla subsides sooner and the residents do not continue to become victims of deliberately created urban chaos.

Guys I stay in Seshadripuram, the road turns nightmare on Saturdays..the thought of taking my car on a Saturday gives me chill...huh!
Old 25th March 2010, 14:46   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
It seems that the parking Entry & exit of the Mantri mall has changed. Entry is in the first gate & the exit is in the second gate. Everything is ulta palta in the parking area. So, remember if you see any directions there, just go opposite to it.
From the public road, they already had two separate gates (one for entry, other for exit). BUt within the mall, there is a passage where both in-coming and out-going vehicles merge and go in one direction for some distance. Has this changed?
Old 25th March 2010, 14:50   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
From the public road, they already had two separate gates (one for entry, other for exit). BUt within the mall, there is a passage where both in-coming and out-going vehicles merge and go in one direction for some distance. Has this changed?
Yes, I heard so. I don't think you have to go up the ramp to get to the other side now
Old 25th March 2010, 19:38   #42
BHPian

Had been there on Sunday morning. The Mall is really huge. But i just cannot understand how such a large Mall can be build on such a small road. I guess the BBMP had its head in its &%^% when they approved this!

My in laws stay quite close to this place. I took my 2 wheeler and parked it about 500 mts away from the mall and walked to the mall. Expected the traffic to be in doldrums!

There are 3 large establishments quite close to each other in this area. The Mantri Mall, Big Bazaar and Brand Factory. The only think common about all these places is the huge traffic jams outside them! It gets worse on weekends.

God help Malleswaram.
Old 25th March 2010, 20:08   #43
vsh
BHPian

oh! bangalore traffic and the havoc! i had been there last month and just terrified to see tha traffice moving all around me on my friend's bike. i just asked to him to park somewhere. he parked it in majestic bus-parking lot and we moved in a city bus.
i wonder how one can dare to take their new cars in that havoc. i just cant imagine it.
Old 27th March 2010, 02:34   #44
BHPian

I really wonder why BDA or other concerned authorities allow such massive malls to open and operate in the busy and already conjusted roads at first place. Is the word "planning" they have never heard of? have a look at Delhi it has 85+ malls but maximum are located in outskirts and in suburbs like Noida and Gurgaon. Bangalore faints at even 8 malls!Thanks to corruption, if you money there is way for everything. I feel pity for people who get stuck in jams in case of a medical emergency.
Old 27th March 2010, 08:14   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Yes, I heard so. I don't think you have to go up the ramp to get to the other side now
Been there on Thursday, no going up on the ramp as of on weekdays. No idea how it would be on weekends.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks