Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2018, 13:30   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore Traffic Police - What's Wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Irrespective of you having 1,2,3 or 4 digit number your number plate should always have 4 digits. Example, if your registration is 12, then number plate should read 0012.

I agree but what surprised me was that there was two different views from RTO and crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Simple solution to this: What I follow is, I have scanned RC Card, DL, Insurance Tax paid Receipt and emission certificate for all my vehicles and put the Soft copies into my mobile phone.

Whenever Police stops me, I will show all the documents so that they cannot find any issues in the documents at the least.

Also, what I have observed is, they wont stop the vehicles usually when we drive soberly. There is a Court order that they cannot stop the vehicles unless there is a violation of any traffic rule. (Read, Over speed, or no helmet or something similar)

Yes I do the same but I had formatted the phone and lost all of those documents.

I was wearing a helmet, speed of the bike between 25-30 but was still stopped. Not sure what else may be the reason except that my bike was old. There was another couple on an old bike who were stopped as well.
Old 12th October 2018, 14:30   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Simple solution to this: What I follow is, I have scanned RC Card, DL, Insurance Tax paid Receipt
Use DigiLocker, it has all these documents. It directly fetches from the ministry of roadways and its considered official to an original copy.

Last edited by STraiTDriVE : 12th October 2018 at 14:31.
STraiTDriVE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 13:17   #273
BHPian

Got this footage from my dashcam at the Madiwala market of a cop taking bribe

DejavuTrip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 07:34   #274
Senior - BHPian

This news is all over the place - Mannequins dressed in uniform to help monitor Bengaluru traffic
Quote:
The understaffed and overworked Bengaluru TrafficPolice have come up with yet another novel initiative to get motorists to follow traffic rules and observe lane discipline.They have installed as many as 200 life-sized mannequins at troublesome junctions in Bengaluru. The hope is that the mannequins, dressed as traffic police, will deter repeat offenders. The idea is along the lines of farmers using scarecrows to discourage birds from destroying their crops.
The mannequins have been outfitted with standard police uniforms, reflector jackets, hats, boots, masks and even sunglasses, in an attempt to trick motorists into believing that it is a real cop.
Unlike scarecrows, however, these mannequins will soon be more than just for show. The police are planning to install CCTV cameras on them to record violations.
Instead of hiring more staff, BTP have bought these mannequins
Quote:
The behaviour of motorists changes automatically when they see a traffic policeman.
BTP have different level of self-awareness of themselves, compared to general public.
Quote:
The manequins will be replaced with real policeman the next day, to ensure that motorists follow rules.
They do have a plan to beat human intelligence
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 11:59   #275
BHPian

I am not sure how the poor families of police officers in this nation survived during the lockdown.

https://twitter.com/riseupforrights/...NjXa6gbBg&s=19

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks