Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2010, 08:22   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvcars View Post
If not, to you and all others who have been suggesting solutions, isn't the act plain illegal? Pardon my ignorance!
Its illegal in Torronto, but not in Bangalore , atleast for now
Best way is to hire a security & ask people to shoo them away politely. That way there's no trouble for anyone.

We've this problem experiencing for last over 6 months since a construction started in our street. But unlike this problem, people park their vehicles in front of our gate & in the sides. My issue is, I need some space to reverse the car to put it out & hence people who park even in the opposite sides were of great nuisance.

One day I called up the contractor & the house owner, told them politely about my issue & asked him & his subordinates to park without troubling us much. They agreed to it immediately. Though on few occassion I'd issues, but they were cooperative enough to move their vehicles.

Point - Talk to the person who's visits/stay in construction site often & they'll take care of your parking place.
Old 21st September 2010, 08:41   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Its illegal in Torronto, but not in Bangalore , atleast for now
The situation OP had described was in New Delhi
Jokes apart my question still remains valid!

Quote:
& they'll take care of your parking place.
and that's where things go untoward from - IMO

Last edited by Iluvcars : 21st September 2010 at 08:44.
Old 21st September 2010, 09:41   #48
BHPian

Quote:
But unlike this problem, people park their vehicles in front of our gate & in the sides. My issue is, I need some space to reverse the car to put it out & hence people who park even in the opposite sides were of great nuisance.
Most people when requested do park their vehicles by leaving some space for the car inside to be reversed without any hassles.

What irritates is that some people try to argue for no reason so that they don't have to find another parking spot or park their cars properly without causing hassles to the residents.

Some people say that sar I will be back in 10 mins sar and they don't return even after 8 hours. Some try to look inside to see which car is parked there and try to suggest and argue isn't this space enough for a M 800 etc. Grrrr
Old 21st September 2010, 09:44   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
For solving parking woes watch out this link:
Wöhr Parking Systems - Wöhr Multiparker 730 - Budapest, Hungary

Lets hope our congested metros and cities get something like this!
Now that is like the most awesome and safe parking system I've ever seen!

Unfortunately, I would never live to see it materialize here

The only way to get out of this parking area mess is building the garage into the house.

I am planning on a garage/car home which will have a basement car park for visitors, space for mine on the ground floor and living area on 1st floor so that none of them have to park on the roads.
Old 1st October 2010, 20:59   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
I think you made your point. Probably need to put an A4 printout on the tree and on the wall requesting people not to park there and if they still do, park elsewhere.

From all the road rage incidents in the past the learning was that I shouldn't lose cool even if its not my fault and would probably need to apply the same here.

Thanks all for making me understand this!
Note from Team-BHP Support

Thread closed.

Thanks.

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks