Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 12:54   #16
BHPian

i am not supporting either of the parties.

but just to let you all know that any ministers car with a red beacon & with a gunman security or with a convoy vehicle should not be overtaken unless otherwise allowed or signalled by the convoy vehicle or the driver.

The Gunman or the police in the convoy vehicle can open fire without any permission or reason if they feel there is a threat or an attempt of attack.

any overtaking act also will be considered as an attempt of attack.
i am not joking! this is the rule.(This rule is a joke though)

in this case there was a report on TV this morning that this business man was trying to overtake the ministers car atleast 4-5 times and when he tried to push the minister's car out of the lane all this mess happened.

and then our minister did what all other normal ministers do because they have a big EGO with police power behind them.
Old 17th August 2010, 13:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

Also when they are coming just let them go or be ready for the consequences.

They convoy comes with the blaring horns and best thing to do is slow down and move out of their way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvmohankumar View Post

but just to let you all know that any ministers car with a red beacon & with a gunman security or with a convoy vehicle should not be overtaken unless otherwise allowed or signalled by the convoy vehicle or the driver.

The Gunman or the police in the convoy vehicle can open fire without any permission or reason if they feel there is a threat or an attempt of attack.

any overtaking act also will be considered as an attempt of attack.
i am not joking! this is the rule.(This rule is a joke though)

in this case there was a report on TV this morning that this business man was trying to overtake the ministers car atleast 4-5 times and when he tried to push the minister's car out of the lane all this mess happened.

and then our minister did what all other normal ministers do because they have a big EGO with police power behind them.
Old 17th August 2010, 14:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvmohankumar View Post

What is the source of this info.? Please elaborate.
Old 17th August 2010, 14:32   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Under what section was 300 rs collected as fine from the driver ?
Fine for overspeeding.
Old 17th August 2010, 14:39   #20
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
sad to hear, whatever it is minister has the power to do as he wants.

Under what section was 300 rs collected as fine from the driver ?
Stopping a public servant from reaching his workplace on time to discharge his duties may be?
Old 17th August 2010, 14:49   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
What is the source of this info.? Please elaborate.
:: Karnataka State Police ::

also when the traffic is halted and if someone attemps to jump start or move into the restricted area he can be detained.

though it is not clearly stated anywhere about the use of weapons but it is like an unwritten rule what police follow. ( only in extreme cases do they open fire )
Old 17th August 2010, 15:28   #22
Senior - BHPian

I was witness to such an incident involving a huge convoy and had I reported here as well. It involved a blue Alto and a convoy behind trying to pass just before the golf course in Bangalore on a road where there is only 2 lanes. The gypsy heading the convoy was instructing the alto to give way but for over a minute the alto driver did not budge, I am guessing blaring music or over the phone. The convoy head approached him from the left and grabbed his attention and asked him to pull to the left and let the convoy pass. The last jeep of the convoy or so with traffic constables in them pulled over the alto to a stop and thats all what I saw. No punches not abuses no nothing. There must be something personal involved in this case.
Anything could be true here. The driver of the minister must be having a solid ego or the Safari driver must have really really pissed him off not giving way to the minister.
I remember an incident on this forum where the son of Shri. Narayan Rane's Endy and a fellow BHPian was slapped by the former's bodyguards simple because of no fault of his. Things are very strange.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 17th August 2010 at 15:29.
Old 17th August 2010, 15:32   #23
Senior - BHPian

I remember getting in middle of a two-car convoy unknowingly a few days back and the way the gypsy guys behind me reacted was not very pleasant.
There was a white sonata embera that came in front of me from the right and I did notice that it had a red beacon. What I also noticed was a very poorly maintained gypsy just to my right but since there were no stickers or beacon I had no clue that it was the security people following the white sonata in front of me.
I continued behind the sonata and and suddenly there was a loud thud on the C pillar of my swift which turned out to be the passenger in front seat of the gypsy banging his hand against it. I immediately swerved to my left thinking that it must be some drunk guys and was almost stopping when the gypsy swerved left too and stopped just ahead of me. I got out and was checking my car but as soon as the guys stepped out of the gypsy I realized that those must be the security people following the sonata as everybody had a sub-machine gun in their hands. All were dressed in what I guess is called a safari suit.
I was kind of scared when one of the guys started shouting at me that why the hell was I not allowing him to overtake. I told him that I had no idea they wanted me to move aside as there was no hand gesture, neither sound of any siren and nor any beacon. One of the guys caught me by my collar, pushed me against my car and said, "Batti tuti hui hai aur siren kharab hai!".
It sounds funny but trust me that it was one of the scariest moments of my life. I could only think about those fake police encounters I'd heard of and was only praying that they don't shoot me over this petty issue. I apologized and said that it was totally my mistake and I should have been more careful.
Finally the guy did let go off my collar.

I am one of those who use both their ORVMs and drive pretty carefully but this experience taught me that next time even if I see a white gypsy being towed away I better get out of the way.
Old 17th August 2010, 15:39   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
One of the guys caught me by my collar, pushed me against my car and said, "Batti tuti hui hai aur siren kharab hai!".
Lol that does sound funny. I am sure you did not find it funny at that time.

But why blame you for their poorly maintained vehicle. They should have simply acknowledged that it was their mistake and not have harassed you.
Old 17th August 2010, 15:40   #25
BHPian

this is a sorrowful state of our leaders who don't deserve to be one,

It is for such threads that team-bhp should remove the rule of "not to use offensive language and abusive words"...what else do these guys deserve anyways...

I can understand the practicality issues and respect team-bhp for that...
Old 17th August 2010, 16:48   #26
Team-BHP Support

Indian ministers have a huge ego. At the opposite end are the Danes.

In the early 90s I was visiting a friend in Copenhagen (from Odense) and we walked to the center of the grounds of the Christiansborg Palace (it's also the Parliament). It was quiet and I saw a man on a cycle cycle into the grounds. My friend pointed to him and said that that man was their King. There was no fuss, no entourage. nothing. He was on a bloomin' cycle!

Even in a country where half the nation (ok maybe a little less - I dont know the exact numbers) travels by cycling this was wierd for me.
Old 17th August 2010, 17:01   #27
Senior - BHPian

Ok, if there is a rule saying you cannot overtake a VIP vehicle with a beacon, what does one do when the vehicle in question is being driven slower than the vehicles around? I am asking this because, once while driving back from Shimoga to Bangalore, a 2 vehicle convoy of a police jeep and a innova with a beacon overtook me, after a few kilometres, the 2 vehicle convoy started travelling at about 60 kmph on the highway, I had no choice but to overtake and get ahead, luckily they stayed behind and did not cause a fuss.
Old 17th August 2010, 22:24   #28
BHPian

A friend of mine travelling in his Indica somehow became part of a 10+ car convoy. This was Pune-Nasik hwy. He realized it but did not get an opportunity to get out. The car behind indicated to him to keep going. After about 20 odd kms, A cop on the road had stopped incoming traffic and was directing the convoy to the right. My friend did not take that continued straight. A police Sumo stationed there stopped him. On providing the true explanation, he was told to quitely leave. No harassment etc.

I tend to keep a distance if I see any car with flashing beacons - Army or otherwise. In other cases, do as others do.
Old 18th August 2010, 00:39   #29
BHPian

Indeed a sad state of affairs. There may be a law which may prevent people overtaking a VIP convoy citing security concerns, but under what law did the driver and the minister's gunman assault the man? Come to think of it, the incident occurred on the day India was celebrating independence, wonder what freedom or rights the person who got thrashed enjoyed.
Does power give the right to terrorise people? Well it seems so from the experiences cited...
Old 18th August 2010, 09:40   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Ok, if there is a rule saying you cannot overtake a VIP vehicle with a beacon, what does one do when the vehicle in question is being driven slower than the vehicles around? I am asking this because, once while driving back from Shimoga to Bangalore, a 2 vehicle convoy of a police jeep and a innova with a beacon overtook me, after a few kilometres, the 2 vehicle convoy started travelling at about 60 kmph on the highway, I had no choice but to overtake and get ahead, luckily they stayed behind and did not cause a fuss.
My question as well. I dont think there is any rule that says one cannot overtake a car with beacon. I myself have personally overtaken quiet a few cars with beacons in highways and not even once harassed or asked to stop. Unless the security feels you driving dangerously close to them or that you are tailing them, they wont bother I suppose.

Nainar
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks