Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
P
[/i]Attachment 822794
EDIT:Also attaching another photo I found from Delhi! Source

Attachment 822795
Old 7th October 2011, 18:41   #167
BHPian

Looks like one of those resorts cum hotel on mg road and looks like they have a task to carry the wedding guests this time . Can any of the Gurgaon chaps confirm the location
Old 7th October 2011, 18:43   #168
BHPian

re: PICS : Top Gear shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagu View Post
I think this is Ashoka in chanakyapuri
I think so too, the entry to the right hand side looks like the entry to for F-Bar and the cars seem to be parked to the right of Amatrra Spa. I could be wrong though.
Old 7th October 2011, 18:43   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagu
I think this is Ashoka in chanakyapuri
Does not look like Ashoka does not have windows and external lamps like that
Old 7th October 2011, 21:24   #170
BHPian

Guys, does anybody want to know where they are in Delhi ??
Old 7th October 2011, 21:37   #171
BHPian

Here are they in Jaipur..
autospirit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2011, 21:47   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospirit View Post
Guys, does anybody want to know where they are in Delhi ??
Yes. Please. Please share the information buddy if you have it, lot of fellow members are eager to know just like me.
Old 8th October 2011, 00:40   #173
BHPian

Dear Lord, What a DAY it has been!

Met Clarkson today! Shook hands with him. And the first thing he said," Oh dear, I am really a Tall guy, Sorry about that".

I couldn't believe it was him. He was there alone in the hotel lobby at around 10:30 pm today. I seriously couldn't utter a word. The 'milan' lasted only for 20-30 sec.

And all he kept on saying during this was," I am really sorry, it has been a long day shooting and I am tired. Really sorry! Pals are waiting for the drinks, please, I am sorry. Got to go." That was when I didn't even utter a word, didn't ask for a photograph or autograph. Anyway, I am sure he knew something like that is coming!

I didn't ask him for anything, I am just PLEASED to have met him. I kept on saying Thank You Thank You and Thank you. I shall be honest and I won't lie, a tear dropped down the eye just when he left. What a TALL guy, he really is, worth being worshiped!

Never heard about his humble behavior before but to me he really was-Smiling and apologizing. What a fellow!

PS: Wondering whether to wash my hand or not.
Shivank is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 02:04   #174
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the Spirit of Ecstasy has been replaced with the Spirit of Ganesha!

Photos Courtesy Siddharth V Patankar
Attached Thumbnails
Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-j5dtp.jpg  

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-xcujuf.jpg  

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-ck1ox.jpg  

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-16lnm.jpg  

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-lydp.jpg  

anekho is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 03:26   #175
Senior - BHPian

Wow, that's so lucky of you Shivank. Not everybody is that lucky, as in my case for instance :(

It seems the trio has been enjoying their stay thoroughly. Is Delhi the last leg of the trip?

Hope Jezza and his men return home grinning from ear-to-ear..

..well, you get the drift
Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-jezza-grin.jpg

Last edited by Scorcher : 8th October 2011 at 03:29.
Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 04:46   #176
BHPian

Hey Shivank! So lucky of you man!!

I had gone on a nightout tonight. Thought of checking out the hotel ( Royal Plaza, Ashoka Road ) where the TopGear team is staying. The time was, 2:30 in the morning.
They were not awake, but I got to see their cars nonetheless!

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_1951-copy.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_1952-copy.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_1953-copy.jpg

This Austin, I suppose, is their backup car.
Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_1956-copy.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_1957-copy.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_1962-copy.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_1963-copy.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_1966-copy.jpg

Gonna wake up early, and go there again. Will try and say a polite "Hi". Hopefully they will be in a good mood in the morning. :P

The Canonball Club cars, that had gone to the dinner, well some of them came back to the lamborghini showroom for some party ( or LAUNCH ). Most of the cars were parked outside on the road. Will post pics soon.
Parishrut is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 05:07   #177
Senior - BHPian

As per their usual script the fourth car i.e white Austin Allegro must be the dreaded back up car in case either of their three machines break down!!

While the car will obviously be the butt of jokes from all three presenters, in 1979 an English agricultural economist Richard Denning drove his Allegro estate from Colombo to England. His journey was via India where he collected his wife from Delhi, the car covering more than 19k kms in this journey!!

It makes interesting reading:
http://rcdening.co.uk/overland_trip/firstleg.htm

Last edited by shortbread : 8th October 2011 at 05:20.
Old 8th October 2011, 10:02   #178
Team-BHP Support

The Allegro came with a square steering wheel. It also is more aerodynamic backwards than forwards. Most owners called it "All Aggro". One version came with alloys and the owners found they had flat tyres in the morning. Why? th alloy wheels were porous.

Also, if you jack it up, the rear window might pop out!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 11:49   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Wow, that's so lucky of you Shivank. Not everybody is that lucky, as in my case for instance :(

It seems the trio has been enjoying their stay thoroughly. Is Delhi the last leg of the trip?

Hope Jezza and his men return home grinning from ear-to-ear..

..well, you get the drift
Hahaha..yeah, I am lucky enough to have met him. Not just once but twice. Just woke up early today to go and meet the trio together. Yesterday was epic and today it just got better. Many thanks to you.

The trip is not over yet. TG crew will leave tomorrow for Himanchal (confirmed this from Jeremy). I am sure, trip to Leh is on the cards. So, Chandigarh and nearby guys you might get lucky.

Just one thing, I would like to share here. While taking autograph, I decided to take it on a Top Gear magazine itself. Parishrut, fellow bhpian and his friend were also there. I took an autograph on a special page (will be uploading pics soon!) and for Parishrut's friend, eventually a page with Bentley Conti came forth. Clarkson signed on it happily.

I asked him, " You don't like Bentleys, no?
To this came the typical-Clarkson-reply. " Noooooooo, not at all. They are heavier than India!"

Will cherish this day forever. Thank you Team-bhp and everyone else who's been assisting and helping us to meet our HEROES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parishrut View Post
Hey Shivank! So lucky of you man!!
You were lucky, nonetheless.
Shivank is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 16:14   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post

Will cherish this day forever. Thank you Team-bhp and everyone else who's been assisting and helping us to meet our HEROES!

You were lucky, nonetheless.
Oh yes. All Thanks to TeamBhp and members who helped us so well in tracking them down and meeting them. Oh what a pleasure it was to see them walk in to the lobby this morning!

And Mr. Clarkson's expressions. As funny as ever!

Here are some of the pics of their cars that were clicked this morning.

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_2027-copy.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_2029-copy.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_2048-copy.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_2050-copy.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_2051-copy.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_2052-copy.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_2055-copy.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_2060-copy.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_2044-copy.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_2047-copy.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_2042-copy.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_2045-copy.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_2049-copy.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_2061-copy.jpg

4litre engine capacity vs 4litre passenger capacity!

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_2065-copy.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_2068-copy.jpg

This was Mr. Clarkson's idea, as told to us by one of their cameramen.
The toilet paper comes standard.

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_2039-copy.jpg

The master and the slave.

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_2063-copy.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_2043-copy.jpg

That jaguar's door!

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_2053-copy.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_2064-copy.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_2071-copy.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_2077-copy.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_2079-copy.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-img_2081-copy.jpg

Btw, we asked an indian lady there, who seemed to be coordinating the tour. She said, that they shall leave tomoro morning for Shimla, Manali and Rohtang. That shall be all for this trip.
So yes, maybe those of us in Chandigarh and Panchkula might get lucky!!! Best of luck!
Parishrut is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks