Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2012, 17:44   #1606
BHPian

Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

Anil Kapoor's Mercedes S Class

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-381317_215237448563489_100002317061438_497617_601383595_n.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-402537_215237601896807_100002317061438_497620_956522643_n.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-anil2.jpg

Ayesha Takia's X6 & 5 Series

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-aisha1.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-aisha.jpg

Madhavan's 7 Series BMW

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-madhavan7.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-madhavan71.jpg

Kunal Khemu's VW Touareg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-kunalvw1.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-kunalvw.jpg
Somu2009 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 11:30   #1607
Senior - BHPian

Imran Khan in his new Fezza
Attached Thumbnails
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-429783_242678249152742_100002317061438_562111_1339820336_n.jpg  

Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 22:08   #1608
Senior - BHPian

Aamir Khan's Rolls Royce
Aamir Khan gets his Rolls-Royce

Mallika sherawat can't own a Rolls Royce
Mallika Sherawat can’t own a Rolls Royce | Bharath Autos - Automobile News Updates
Old 23rd February 2012, 22:37   #1609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
What non sense was that. If they can sell it to a Barber why not an actor?
Old 23rd February 2012, 23:49   #1610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
Have heard some stories like this. RR studies the history of the owner, If he/she has some criminal background or anything of that sort, they aren't allowed to buy one!! LOL...What if they buy a second hand Rolls Royce!!
Old 24th February 2012, 00:14   #1611
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
That's the first question I'd asked myself too. LOL!

Speaking of Barbers, check out Imran Khan's fuzz.

On second thought, it looks like a disguise. I can't blame him. You don't want people jumping in front of your car demanding autographs while enjoying the ride on Marine Drive. *winks*
Old 24th February 2012, 00:20   #1612
BHPian

Under law, I think they are required to sell to whoever wants to buy.
Old 24th February 2012, 00:40   #1613
BHPian

Quote:
That is first class twaddle Sir! (As they might say in a Rolls Royce Showroom) Just another brainless story concocted by the Media.

If the person below can own a Rolls Royce, you really don't need any credentials to own one! Anyone with the cash to blow can buy one....
Attached Thumbnails
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-kim-kardashian.jpg  

Brabus E V12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 01:03   #1614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have heard some stories like this. RR studies the history of the owner, If he/she has some criminal background or anything of that sort, they aren't allowed to buy one!!
Yeah right. I am a huge fan, but I don't believe Sanjay Dutt has the most clean profile around.

This is just a media spoof I think.

If any doubt remains, see this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabus E V12 View Post
If the person below can own a Rolls Royce, you really don't need any credentials to own one!
That's not Kim's Ghost. Its her hubby Kris Humphries's car.

She drives a Bentley GTC, F430 and some Range Rovers. The black Ghost and Maybach at her wedding was rented by her family.
Old 24th February 2012, 02:46   #1615
BHPian

Quote:
Have heard some stories like this. RR studies the history of the owner, If he/she has some criminal background or anything of that sort, they aren't allowed to buy one!! LOL...What if they buy a second hand Rolls Royce!!
agree with you Anand and i have also read that Rolls Royce studies the history of the person before making a car for them, as all cars are custom made per request by the owner. But now it has become more economic and in order to survive the industry, in my opinion only certain models are offered to anyone who wants to buy it, like the GHOST being the poor man's Rolls Royce. This increases there sales volume and its also cheaper for them to make as its based on the New BMW 7er. But, the mighty Phantom is only allotted to people who the company think has a certain social status. Sanjay Dutt being a car fanatic himself would have never bought a Ghost, since he can already afford a Phantom, but since it is the upper category which might have been denied, he opted for the Ghost.

This is strictly my opinion and nothing personal against anyone.

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th February 2012 at 03:33. Reason: ONly 2 smilies per post allowed, please read the forum rules clearly, thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 08:18   #1616
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Nonsense, how do the russian mafia, japanese yakuza drive around in these blinged up cars. Rolls Royce will sell to anyone!

However when it comes to armoured, bulletproof cars, Rolls Royce, Mercedes and BMW are very careful
Old 24th February 2012, 08:40   #1617
BHPian

That's such a stupid piece of news, I'm sure it's complete BS. If they can't sell a RR to her because of the reasons mentioned and checking the history of the owner, Sanjay Dutt wouldn't have been eligible to own a RR even in his next life.
Old 24th February 2012, 12:11   #1618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They do conduct a background check before selling a car worldwide but in India its not followed. Second hand cars the company does not have a control on, so as long as the factory has not sold it to the person they are ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Speaking of Barbers, check out Imran Khan's fuzz.

On second thought, it looks like a disguise. I can't blame him. You don't want people jumping in front of your car demanding autographs while enjoying the ride on Marine Drive. *winks*
Thats his look for a movie he is shooting for and not a disguise to hide from the Public. This is Bombay where it does not matter if your an actor..no one jumps on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabus E V12 View Post
That is first class twaddle Sir! (As they might say in a Rolls Royce Showroom) Just another brainless story concocted by the Media.

If the person below can own a Rolls Royce, you really don't need any credentials to own one! Anyone with the cash to blow can buy one....
Thats not India. The car is a LHD and has aftermarket rims. Abroad i need to have a clear credit record to buy any car, you got wannabe rappers roaming around in Phantoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Yeah right. I am a huge fan, but I don't believe Sanjay Dutt has the most clean profile around.
He does have a clean record. Do go through legal files and see..he only has the arms act for which he was convicted and no other charges. The ministers of the country have more charges and dirty profiles then him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merce320 View Post
agree with you Anand and i have also read that Rolls Royce studies the history of the person before making a car for them, as all cars are custom made per request by the owner. But now it has become more economic and in order to survive the industry, in my opinion only certain models are offered to anyone who wants to buy it, like the GHOST being the poor man's Rolls Royce. This increases there sales volume and its also cheaper for them to make as its based on the New BMW 7er. But, the mighty Phantom is only allotted to people who the company think has a certain social status. Sanjay Dutt being a car fanatic himself would have never bought a Ghost, since he can already afford a Phantom, but since it is the upper category which might have been denied, he opted for the Ghost.
Rolls Royce has 4 models, out of which 3 are Phantom family. There is nothing as a poor mans Rolls Royce cause i can customise the Ghost to my specs and make it cost above a Phantom too. Any person with the money can buy a Phantom in India its got nothing to do with allotments from the company. The Ghost is prefered as many people who like to self drive as well find it the perfect size for the roads, the Phantom becomes too big for this. Sanjay Dutt is not a car fanatic, but yes fond of cars and likes to self drive at every oppertunity he gets. He had never considered the Phantom as its big and he'll look lost when he drives it, so from day one he wanted the Ghost. The Bentley Mulsanne was also brought to him but he did not buy it due to the size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Nonsense, how do the russian mafia, japanese yakuza drive around in these blinged up cars. Rolls Royce will sell to anyone!

However when it comes to armoured, bulletproof cars, Rolls Royce, Mercedes and BMW are very careful
, The S600's of the Yakuza's were never on their names and neither cars of the Russian, American, Italian Mafia's. The Bombay Mafia persons 3 cr baby is also not on their name.

The Armoured cars above a certain spec do require a check and also i heard the Police dept has to give an approval letter aknowledging the threat levels to the person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
That's such a stupid piece of news, I'm sure it's complete BS. If they can't sell a RR to her because of the reasons mentioned and checking the history of the owner, Sanjay Dutt wouldn't have been eligible to own a RR even in his next life.
I believe there is more to it than whats written in the press, i dont think full details have been given. In this life itself he can buy a couple more Rolls Royces if he wishes too. As i mentioned in India credit checks are not done as people get offended, you have the money you can buy.

Last edited by speedy : 24th February 2012 at 12:13.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 13:21   #1619
Senior - BHPian

No backgound checks are done in India. Anyone with the money can buy these cars, I guess its the same for the entire Asia Pacific region. As a result, China has emerged as the no.1 market for Rolls Royce Motorcars worldwide!
Maverick5490 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 14:30   #1620
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Uday Chopra tweeted this pic of his collection of bikes!

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-uc.jpg
PPS is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks