Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2013, 10:04   #121
BHPian

Re: Spotted at Bombay Cargo - Ferrari 458 Challenge (GT racecar)

Got Very Lucky! had the best day of my life. Thanks Sir GS

Will post all pics and videos soon, have tons and tons of them..

Spotted at Bombay Cargo - Ferrari 458 Challenge (GT racecar)-img_00000094.jpg

Make sure to watch in 720p HD

Thanks and Regards
muditgrover is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th January 2013, 16:04   #122
BHPian

Check out the experience of this lucky winner:

http://www.muditgrover.com/experienc...ional-circuit/
Super Car Club is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2013, 18:53   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Car Club View Post
Check out the experience of this lucky winner:

http://www.muditgrover.com/experienc...ional-circuit/
Thanks for giving me a chance to experience the mighty 458 Challenge.. I simply loved it.. Was a great day

Quote:
Originally Posted by From My Blog
A super fast F1 track, a Ferrari 458 Italia Challenge with GT Aero Kit what else does a man can dream of? But wait! It’s not a dream; it’s a real life experience I had at Buddh International Circuit with Mr. Gautam Singhania.

Mr. Gautam Singhania is a business man; He is the Chairman & Managing Director of the Raymond Group. He is very passionate about fast cars, boats and planes. He has driven Formula 1 cars, GT cars and even he is the India’s first licensed professional drifter. He recently won the drifting series at Malta and he even “kissed the wall” in the drift event. He has recently formed India’s first Super Car Club and the number of super cars in the club rising at lightening speeds.

How it all started?

I was following Gautam Singhania on twitter and participated in a twitter competition. Later the next day while working, I got a text from a friend who follows me and Mr. Gautam Singhania on twitter. He was congratulating me, didn’t know for what. I asked him, deep in my heart I was thinking.. Did I just won the twitter contest? Or this is another troll attempt by my friend? I quickly checked twitter and VOILA!!! I had won the amazing opportunity of getting a ride in a state of the art track car with a really great and experienced driver Mr. Gautam Singhania himself. Was one of the happiest moments.. Quickly I sent the details they required and got instant response from them to get some paperwork done. No big deal! I was the happiest person alive. A few email exchanges and everything was confirmed. Got the flight tickets next day and the hotel booking was done too. Thinking of the ride in the mighty beast was giving me goosebumps.

The best day of my life

A sleepless night and flew to Delhi the very next morning. A cab was there waiting for me and I quickly hopped in. The hotel was Raddison Blu which is close to the Buddh Circuit and trust me, IT WAS AMAZING!

I checked in, put my luggage inside and went to the circuit. Got no time to waste and with the great corners & fast straights BIC is one of the best F1 track ever built. I could hear the beast being driven hard when I entered the track. I got the passes to the pit lanes and then I saw the mighty beast speeding on the track. Loved the car, loved the sound of that powerful V8. It came to the pits and then I met Sir Gautam Singhania, the complete man. He was very humble and he gave me a quick overview about the car, equipment and told me about everything which was happening. The setup was mind blowing, it was completely professional and there was full F1 equipment. There were few more cars there including 3 Nissan GTR’s, Lamborghini LP560-4, Mercedes SLS AMG, New Porsche 911. FF Corse team was there to from UK, they built the GT pack, the team was working with RaceTech (Super Car Tuners from Hyderabad). Mr. Gautam Singhania did few laps in the 458 Challenge and beat his own record by 1 and ½ second, which is really great. He also showed me the new Eibach springs he got which he will be putting the next day. The car was running on Slicks, It had a FIA approved roll cage, It had compressed air operated inbuilt hydraulic jack, Fire extinguisher piping with jets for safety and lots of amazing stuff. The windshield was not of glass but plastic for safety and weight issues. The GT pack was total carbon fiber while all the body panels were made up of very light weight but strong composite materials. Fresh rubber was installed and he was doing some warm up laps. I also met Alistair Woodham Certified F1 Driver, Dilip Joshi, Chariman of Super Car Club. Great people! I had a great time with them talking about cars; they were very polite and answered all my questions.

I was told to have light breakfast because if I have a heavy breakfast I may puke in the car since this was going to be VERY FAST and my first time on track. I decided with no food before the drive (One doesn’t simply puke in a Ferrari). Was told about all security measures and what I should do if I feel vomiting or uncomfortable, trust me.. This scared me. Finally, the time came when I was going to finally sit in the car and get some “hotlaps”. I was getting goosebumps and was extremely excited. Alistair asked me if am nervous. No man, I was excited! Very very excited. The very light weight harness and helmet was put on me and then I “Crawled into the car!”, the roll cage makes it difficult. One needs to get used to it.

Everything was set, Mr. Gautam Singhania pushed the Start Engine button and the V8 was roaring!! He did some car configurations from the Steering wheel of the GT Cockpit and with the pit speed limiter we went off. Vroooom!!! I loved the acceleration, I was waiting to get out of the pit lane.. Once we did GS pushed pedal to the metal!! It accelerated so fast, I could feel the G-Force and then came the very first corner and I cant tell you how good the brakes are!! at good speed he took the first corner, my internal organs were messed up. I was just astonished that the car was so planted and we could take corners so fast and then another corner and a long straight.. Loved it!! We had voice communication system in the helmets and I was just drooling all over.. Not sure if it was disturbing him from driving. I got 4 laps and it was crazy, when I got out. He asked me how was it? My reply was “I had the best day of my life..” and yes! This was the best day of my life. I didn’t feel vomiting nor dizziness, I loved it!

And then he did 80+ laps and broke his own record and the best laptime was 2:02:08

So, at the end of the day he did approx 100 laps which were unbelievable! I had the best times here and I will never forget them. Had a great talk with Sir Gautam Singhania, Sir Dilip Joshi, FF Corse guys and other super car owners.
Thanks and Regards
Mudit Grover

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th January 2013 at 15:04. Reason: Adding your blog content here itself as people are missing it as per the replies below.
muditgrover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2013, 11:11   #124
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Mr.Singhania for beating your old time on the track. I am sure with the next Track Day a 1 min time can be and will be achieved.
Old 14th January 2013, 11:51   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muditgrover View Post
Thanks for giving me a chance to experience the mighty 458 Challenge.. I simply loved it.. Was a great day

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=DChbEwPqaHU

Thanks and Regards
Mudit Grover
Congrats mate on the amazing experience and thanks for the video.Simply enkoyed it.By the way share with us the experience as well.We will love to read about it.
Old 14th January 2013, 12:45   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Shooter View Post
By the way share with us the experience as well.We will love to read about it.
His experience is shared above, mate - Link
Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2013, 14:55   #127
BHPian

Gautam Singhania driving the Ferrari 458 Challenge at Buddh Circuit

Gautam Singhania driving his Ferrari 458 Challenge at Buddh International Circuit:

Super Car Club is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 18:08   #128
BHPian

Goodness gracious!! What a car, and what a man!! Perfect way of putting a car through its paces. Had I been anywhere near the track, I would have surely fainted out of excitement

Hope to keep feasting on more hair-raising videos.
Old 13th February 2013, 20:14   #129
BHPian

A New Record Set

Mr. GHS sets the fastest time for a non open wheel car, at the Buddh F1 track India - 5.1 km in 1 min 59 sec. | Epic !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted at Bombay Cargo - Ferrari 458 Challenge (GT racecar)-71406_489004321135599_848276081_n.jpg  

Super Car Club is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 18:59   #130
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Did not know that GS also owns a F430 abroad as well !

Spotted at Bombay Cargo - Ferrari 458 Challenge (GT racecar)-ghs.jpg
Source: exoticsonroad
Old 6th March 2013, 19:26   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
There an article on GHS' F430 featured in Autocar India by S.H. long back, IIRC.
Old 6th March 2013, 20:02   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Well that was understated

Anyway, GS also owns/owned a identical Arancio Atlas Gallardo in UK as well. He participated in the Gumball rally with Hormazd in that car.

Not sure if he still retains that car as the vanity plates used on the Gallardo (V10 GHS) was last seen on his 360 Modena.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks