Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2007, 19:32   #151
Senior - BHPian

here are the pictures of the landcruiser also gathering dust.

Old 12th August 2007, 20:03   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
The assumption was that anyone importing a Bimmer wouldn't only go for brand name mods (Ex: Carlson, Kleeman for Benz). But yes, I may be wrong in asserting that it is a 330i, but it very well could be.

All 2004-05 models didn't come with facelifted head lights. Here is a 2005 american model 330i.

Mayavi, no offence but I dont know why you brought up Carlson and Kleeman. The picture you've posted has the facelifted head lights. It doesnt have the titanium surround which is optional. Youre contradicting yourself. Heres a clearer idea and also why i think the dust covered E46 is a 99-2001. The 328i was discontinued in the US and the 330 launched worldwide in 2001. 2002 saw the facelift and lasted uptil the E90 was launched in 2006. And how can you say not all 2004-2005 models had facelifted lights. When a car is facelifted it extends across the board. There was no choice given to the customer to have face lift and no face lift. Also you are talking about US models. In european versions clear lights could be ordered on any BMW model.

Here is a 2000 328i (pre-facelift headlamps)

Shot at 2007-08-12

2001 330i with the optional Titanium Surround (but amber turn signals)

Shot at 2007-08-12

2005 Facelifted 330i with the optional Titanium Surround(a 2005 with amber turn signals !)

Shot at 2007-08-12

Hope this solves the confusion. Once again not trying to sound rude or offensive.

Last edited by BEEM3R : 12th August 2007 at 20:13.
BEEM3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2007, 21:08   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
There is one small catch Sirjee.
the converted LHD to RHD cannot be imported because they do not have a homologation certificate from the original manufacturer, and so creates a problem in clearance. all the Hummers have faced problems because of this!
Yup you have a point there, but they did manage to get cleared in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
well,your right.well if that is the case and these cars are CBU aferall then toyota can just homologate all their cars..why do these companies have to think so much before launching these cars?anyway they are not going to get manufactured here.and just bring down CBUs according to the demand..right?
wont that be more profitable to the companies.they will be incresing the choices for the buyers and hence the market share(i dont know the expenses involved in homologation,is it too expensive?)
Well Homologating a car ie just one model with certain specs costs an arm and a leg and is damn damn expensive. On top of that once a certain model is homologated, one cant get any spec changed on it, even the seat fabric has to remain the same. Thats why toyota camry didnt come with an auto box when released first.
Not a feasable option homologating all the cars they produce.
Old 12th August 2007, 23:32   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Yup you have a point there, but they did manage to get cleared in the end.

Well Homologating a car ie just one model with certain specs costs an arm and a leg and is damn damn expensive. On top of that once a certain model is homologated, one cant get any spec changed on it, even the seat fabric has to remain the same. Thats why toyota camry didnt come with an auto box when released first.
Not a feasable option homologating all the cars they produce.
OK,then i think there are no flaws i can find in whats going around

just hope,that indian car scence will get better in some years time
Old 12th August 2007, 23:38   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
here are the pictures of the landcruiser also gathering dust.

Hey speedy is that a back lexus RX/toyota harrier besides the landcruiser? man its sad to see so many cars rotting away,in a country where only less than 7% people can afford 4 wheelers
Old 13th August 2007, 00:52   #156
Senior - BHPian

it is sad but these are just a few of the total cars that are gathering dust all over india. i had spotted a lexus ls430 gathering dust outside a police station when i was on my way to panipat. could not get pictures of it but the next time i go i shall take pictures.
Old 22nd August 2007, 10:32   #157
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this in bangalore

Old 22nd August 2007, 19:39   #158
Senior - BHPian

amatmo this is a very nice model of the mercedes w123 have two of them and i love driveing them. very reliable cars a pure pleasure.
Old 22nd August 2007, 21:19   #159
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Spotted this in bangalore

Errrrr, if you look closely and see the wipers and the slight disproportionate w123 front grill grafted on, you will actually note it is a w115 "updated"

Check out the Tata estate front bumper and the rear body line and it will be noticed. But at a glance, one can be fooled

Last edited by ajmat : 22nd August 2007 at 21:21.
Old 22nd August 2007, 21:26   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Errrrr, if you look closely and see the wipers and the slight disproportionate w123 front nose grafted on, you will actually note it is a w115 "updated"
well actually the bonnet of the car looks like its detached from its hinges ,its not in a very good shape..i think the owner has tryed to bring it back to life by repainting it ..but the maybe he felt the mechanical was taxing and hence finally gave up...i had clicked this picture quite some time back...if i remember correctly..then i think both the tail lamps of the car were missing aswell

speedy since you already have two of these you might understand the owner's situation better
sometimes we love our cars but lack of knowledge and experience in restoration job..and also the financial state forces us to abandon them.

Last edited by AMATMO : 22nd August 2007 at 21:39.
Old 22nd August 2007, 21:47   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Errrrr, if you look closely and see the wipers and the slight disproportionate w123 front grill grafted on, you will actually note it is a w115 "updated"

Check out the Tata estate front bumper and the rear body line and it will be noticed. But at a glance, one can be fooled
ajmat you are right i had not opened the picture on opening it i can see what you mean. this is a w115 where the owner has fitted the w123 headlights and the grill is also clipped on. the wipers of the car are in out like the 115. the bonnet portion of the car is also narrower then the w123.

AMATMO the w123 is very easy to maintain and restore all parts are available. my 240d was done in a weeks time it only had brake work and my 230c is still undergoing restoration as some of the parts are not available its a 2 dr thats why.
Old 22nd August 2007, 22:21   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
AMATMO the w123 is very easy to maintain and restore all parts are available. my 240d was done in a weeks time it only had brake work and my 230c is still undergoing restoration as some of the parts are not available its a 2 dr thats why.
well then maybe they are not as well to do as before
or they are stupid and therefore show no interest in old cars
or the car belong to a lot of inheritors and non of them are ready to restore it at their own expense(personally i have seen all the three cases)
Old 22nd August 2007, 22:24   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think it would have looked a loot better i he had just let it remain a 115. I think he got fed up of playing mix n match and abandoned the car. It will be worth nothig anyways , tanx to all the mods! Its sad, coz uually such 'hybrid' projects jus end up as scrap. just let a spade remain a spade!
Old 22nd August 2007, 22:40   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I think it would have looked a loot better i he had just let it remain a 115. I think he got fed up of playing mix n match and abandoned the car. It will be worth nothig anyways , tanx to all the mods! Its sad, coz uually such 'hybrid' projects jus end up as scrap. just let a spade remain a spade!
oh i forgot to mention that, as a possible case in my last post
Old 22nd August 2007, 23:19   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well then maybe they are not as well to do as before
or they are stupid and therefore show no interest in old cars
or the car belong to a lot of inheritors and non of them are ready to restore it at their own expense(personally i have seen all the three cases)
normaly people are ignorant about the spare parts or even about models. sometimes people start something and dont have the time or resources to carry out a restoration job. the car would have looked lovely in the original form of the 115. looks like instead of looking for original parts they put on the w123 front with another cars bumpers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks