Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2014, 19:56   #826
BHPian

re: Pics: Imports gathering dust in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.makhija View Post
the auction for cars is going to happen pls go through the link and searcch for JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOMS HOUSE/13/NHAVA SHEVA/14-15/9474[86767] and u will see the complete details for the cars to be auctioned.
http://www.mstcindia.co.in/Forthcomi...l_regions.aspx
in western region.
There's nothing mentioned about the GT-R auction in the link.
Old 31st October 2014, 19:28   #827
Senior - BHPian

all those enchanting Bentleys , BMWs , Mercedes, Passat etc are being re-auctioned on 11-11-2014 by DRI Mumbai through MSTCEcommerce . wonder why the earlier auction was inconclusive. : (
Old 1st November 2014, 12:27   #828
Senior - BHPian

and without any further iota of doubt for the future. Many other desirable cars in the market have questionable documents and created by agents by forgery.

Believe in yourself and do not under estimate your luck. Avoid all dalals and agents here. They manipulate and play dirty by habit with ulterior motives. The DRI/Customs/MSTC department officials are straight forward when completing a transaction.

Everything is not rosy though. Often, the registration of the car could be fake. You have to take some trouble and ask the RTO before hand about this and know the truth for yourself. If so, the re-registration afresh takes time for completion of all formalities. the RTO LTT is charged on a certain percentage (post depreciation) based on the Original Invoice Value of the exotic car when new. this could be a colossal liability running even upto Rs 50 lacs. technically, there is a possibility of expensive electronic parts being missing or damaged. In storage, flooding of cabin may occur in a few cases.

Bentleys are a dream machine. they may get sold for a song. so make your dreams come true sometimes!!

good luck Sahil!
vinay kamath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2014, 19:18   #829
BHPian

Thanks Kamath sir. I just wanted to know as i have heard that the cars and bikes sold by such auction are sold at a very cheap price. Please let me know if it is true.

Also, I would like to know that in registration at mstrecommerce it is asking for sales tax registration. I don't have one what to do in that case as I'm a tax consultant. Please advise.

Note from Mod : Please use proper capitalization + punctuation and avoid the use of SMS language (u, gr8, etc). Do see THIS THREAD before continuing. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th November 2014 at 17:32. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
Old 3rd November 2014, 23:42   #830
BHPian

I spotted this unusual (for me) car at a nearby FNG. The mechanic there told me that this car had many offers but owner just refused to sell it off and let it rot. He wasn't aware of the model and I knew only Toyota 86 and Celica as being two door cars from Toyota. Mr. Google proved me wrong and told me that it is a Toyota Paseo / Cynos.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-dsc_8199.jpg  

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-dsc_8200.jpg  

mahesh_sn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 01:07   #831
BHPian

Can anyone tell me any good agent who can help me in the auction.
Old 5th November 2014, 13:13   #832
Senior - BHPian

Spotted two American cars rotting on the side of the road.

The blue one is a Buick LeSabre from the 1970s, floor pan has rotted through.

The Chevy Impala is RHD, and looks like an import from Australia/New Zealand. Someone had tried "restoring" it, and it looks quite ghastly close up.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-img_20141101_144230.jpg  

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-img_20141101_144240.jpg  

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-img_20141101_144251.jpg  

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-img_20141101_144315.jpg  

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-img_20141101_144322.jpg  

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-img_20141101_144341.jpg  

KiloAlpha is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 14:10   #833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
The Chevy Impala is RHD, and looks like an import from Australia/New Zealand. Someone had tried "restoring" it, and it looks quite ghastly close up.
Where did you see the Impala ?

This Impala was rebuild in the lane adjacent to my apartment in BTM, on Lake Road. There is a car garage where I had seen this for about a month and then was moved away, after a full restoration (ignore those big lettering). Interesting to see that it has been stripped down again !!
Old 5th November 2014, 14:40   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Where did you see the Impala ?

This Impala was rebuild in the lane adjacent to my apartment in BTM, on Lake Road. There is a car garage where I had seen this for about a month and then was moved away, after a full restoration (ignore those big lettering). Interesting to see that it has been stripped down again !!
These cars are sitting in 38th Cross, 8th Block, Jayanagar.

But please, don't insult the word "restoration" by using it in the context of this Impala. See it up close, and you will know what I am talking about. The quality of the materials, the workmanship, all sucks big time. Too much jugaad. And it bears no relationship with the original ex-showroom condition. The windows don't exist. There is carbon fibre wrap used to cover up paint issues. The gear lever is a steel rod which looks like it was painted by my 3-year-old son. Etc etc etc.

EDIT: The Buick is a 1979 LeSabre. It probably looked like this http://images.classiccars.com/classi...ck_LeSabre.jpg when new.

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 5th November 2014 at 14:52. Reason: Added image of Buick
Old 5th November 2014, 14:53   #835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
These cars are sitting in 38th Cross, 8th Block, Jayanagar.

But please, don't insult the word "restoration" by using it in the context of this Impala. See it up close, and you will know what I am talking about. The quality of the materials, the workmanship, all sucks big time. Too much jugaad. And it bears no relationship with the original ex-showroom condition. The windows don't exist. There is carbon fibre wrap used to cover up paint issues. The gear lever is a steel rod which looks like it was painted by my 3-year-old son. Etc etc etc.
ROTFL

I never observed the car so closely althought it was bang next to me. I thought I would have a close up once it was restored, but seems everything has gone wrong !!!
Old 5th November 2014, 21:04   #836
BHPian

Hi friends there is an auction of superbikes in banglore refer to the link below.
http://www.mstcindia.co.in/TenderEnt...m_Details.aspx
Old 6th November 2014, 09:56   #837
BHPian

Here are the details for the B'lore auction.
And who will buy a Ninja 650R in auction?
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-untitled.png  

KaandBaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 10:25   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaandBaaz View Post
Here are the details for the B'lore auction.
And who will buy a Ninja 650R in auction?
Sorry for the noob question! How do we know about the price?
Old 6th November 2014, 15:04   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Sorry for the noob question! How do we know about the price?

Its an auction wherein you will have to bid. If you go through the older posts you can get the process for registration and bidding as well.
Old 7th November 2014, 13:42   #840
BHPian

Friends the biggest problem in registration for auction is that they ask for sales tax VAT tin no for the same.

can any one please tell me whether it is worth buying a car or bike in auction?

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th November 2014 at 14:40. Reason: Back to back posts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks