Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2014, 14:57   #841
BHPian

re: Pics: Imports gathering dust in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Can anyone tell how long is a piece of string?

Do your homework
Find out typical market value of the target car
Assess condition
Assess what taxes etc you will need to pay

Then set a target price.

PRoblem with auction is there is no comeback, it is sold as seen
Ajmat sir i had a chat with an internal concerned today. he told me that the cars generally are not worth buying the good ones are already taken away by the heads.........
Old 8th November 2014, 08:59   #842
Senior - BHPian

A Porsche 911 Carrera 4S (996) left to rot somewhere in the outskirts of Bengal.
This 911 had come to the city back in 2011 from Bangalore after being repaired from its accident and repainted to white from dark green, its orignal colour. It came on sale very shortly then vanished. I thought the car was sold back to the south, but I was proven wrong a few days back.
Hope this beauty finds a new home soon and gets back to the road.
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1415417288.050392.jpg
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1415417310.083901.jpgPics: Imports gathering dust in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1415417322.217740.jpg
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1415417336.668530.jpg
cityvic is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th November 2014, 21:46   #843
BHPian

Any clue why such a beauty is left to rot?
Old 8th November 2014, 22:34   #844
BHPian

After going through this thread and another thread related to vintages rotting away, I really think there should be a "Society for prevention of cruelty against motor cars and bikes".

Seriously, I don't get it as to how people can just let vehicles rot away, no matter which class or segment they belong.It would be better to just scrap the vehicle altogether and hope the metal is used elsewhere rather than let the vehicle and guys like us go through pain.

After seeing snaps like the one above, mard ko sahi main dard hota hain
Seventhgear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 13:16   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay kamath View Post
There are no agents. Inspect the cars that you are interested in.
========Shun agents. They are duping you . Bid online sensibly strictly upto your highest pre-decided limit and STOP. Do not get carried away nor let your Ego rule you / ruin you.
Thx sir, but i am already in the process of registration......
Old 11th November 2014, 07:19   #846
Senior - BHPian

Rise and Shine!

Today's the Mumbai Customs auction of Bentleys, Mercedes, VW , BMW and other luxury cars

ON MSTCEcommerce.com

good luck!
Old 11th November 2014, 07:27   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Rise and Shine!

Today's the Mumbai Customs auction of Bentleys, Mercedes, VW , BMW and other luxury cars

ON MSTCEcommerce.com

good luck!
any 1980-2000 BMW's up for grabs?
how long does the registration process take? I'm interested in signing up
Old 11th November 2014, 07:59   #848
Senior - BHPian

There used to be a 1980s BMW car till last year. I do not know whether the car is still with DRI today. It is not mentioned in today's list

There is a BMW SUV that is maybe about seven years old. Please check the list on their website, because I am unsure of YOM.

To sign up, talk to the MSTC manager right away. Ask them whether a VAT certificate is a mandatory.

Are you in Goa or Mumbai?

MSTC ecommerce Registration is best completed and 'login tested', atleast the previous day. Costs about Rs 11000-12000. You can bid for any item in any auction of any department / seller. Bought several vehicles from other departments/ministries.

Try your luck with them. Even four -five hours processing time may be enough for a 'Customs' registration (Rs 6000-7000) only. Visit them first thing in the morning , find out the amount to be paid, Pay them by DD, & submit latest IT return, photos, ID & address proofs. & VAT Certificate if mandatory. Then they take some time. Stay put at their office and politely persevere until the login actually works. Once you go elsewhere , there is no guarantee that you are still a priority.

The auction may be running past 4 pm as bidding continues. You may hence get to bid .

good luck !

Last edited by vinay kamath : 11th November 2014 at 08:02.
vinay kamath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 08:59   #849
Senior - BHPian

I just heard that there may be a Bank strike today . Please telephone your bank first regarding DD making today, before visiting them.
Old 11th November 2014, 09:03   #850
Team-BHP Support

/OT:

Quote:
I just heard that there may be a Bank strike today . Please telephone your bank first regarding DD making today, before visiting them.
The nation-wide bank strike for public sector banks is held tomorrow not today. Wife and mum works for the bank.
Old 11th November 2014, 12:14   #851
BHPian

Quote:
There used to be a 1980s BMW car till last year. I do not know whether the car is still with DRI today. It is not mentioned in today's list

There is a BMW SUV that is maybe about seven years old. Please check the list on their website, because I am unsure of YOM.

To sign up, talk to the MSTC manager right away. Ask them whether a VAT certificate is a mandatory.

MSTC ecommerce Registration is best completed and 'login tested', atleast the previous day. Costs about Rs 11000-12000. You can bid for any item in any auction of any department / seller. Bought several vehicles from other departments/ministries.

Try your luck with them. Even four -five hours processing time may be enough for a 'Customs' registration (Rs 6000-7000) only. Visit them first thing in the morning , find out the amount to be paid, Pay them by DD, & submit latest IT return, photos, ID & address proofs. & VAT Certificate if mandatory. Then they take some time. Stay put at their office and politely persevere until the login actually works. Once you go elsewhere , there is no guarantee that you are still a priority.

The auction may be running past 4 pm as bidding continues. You may hence get to bid .

good luck !
You can register on mst website VAT no is not compulsary and i had visited the DRI building theysaid that there are many cars lying around in the godown. But even i was not allowed to go there as I am not registered on the website and do not have an ID card.
vinay.makhija is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2014, 09:28   #852
BHPian

Quote:

good luck !
Thanx for the info.
I'm in Goa, was looking for a donor car for my 316i. I have heard of one that was parked in Vasco(port in Goa) for years (preface lift BMW E30 32?i, blue, sun roof and windows were left open, LHD. if anyone has pictures or details please post or PM me). When i went to see the car it was said to have been scrapped a few months earlier and on further investigation I hear that it's been moved into storage to be auctioned soon. hence the interest in auctions.
I've asked around about the auctions and have been getting mixed replies. some say it's not worth it as I'd have to pay for the parking changes, some say its rigged and some say go ahead. whats your opinion? would it be more reasonable to find a scrapped car or find the parts somewhere? interested in it for a larger engine and manual transmission.
Old 22nd November 2014, 12:09   #853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee_aRe_Cee View Post
Thanx for the info.
I'm in Goa, was looking for a donor car for my 316i. I have heard of one that was parked in Vasco(port in Goa) for years (preface lift BMW E30 32?i, blue, sun roof and windows were left open, LHD. if anyone has pictures or details please post or PM me). When i went to see the car it was said to have been scrapped a few months earlier and on further investigation I hear that it's been moved into storage to be auctioned soon. hence the interest in auctions.
I've asked around about the auctions and have been getting mixed replies. some say it's not worth it as I'd have to pay for the parking changes, some say its rigged and some say go ahead. whats your opinion? would it be more reasonable to find a scrapped car or find the parts somewhere? interested in it for a larger engine and manual transmission.
Sir, please post 3-4 pics of your car , so that if any of us Tbhpians are aware of a donor / scrap / auction car of that very type, we could remember you and inform you soon.

all options work with a bit of lady luck ! never rule any one out. that's my experience.

cars suddenly appear in unlikely places : maybe highways, garages, villages, factories, carparks, dhabas, police stations, schools, wherever I may see them, I'll let you know.
vinay kamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2014, 12:25   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Sir, please post 3-4 pics of your car , so that if any of us Tbhpians are aware of a donor / scrap / auction car of that very type, we could remember you and inform you soon.

all options work with a bit of lady luck ! never rule any one out. that's my experience.

cars suddenly appear in unlikely places : maybe highways, garages, villages, factories, carparks, dhabas, police stations, schools, wherever I may see them, I'll let you know.
well it's an E30, nearly anything found here from the 80's and 90's will fit in it.
basically any E30, E36, E28, E34, E32 would work as long as its a manual, 2L -3.5L engine and doesn't burn a very bit hole in my pocket
Thanx for the feedback!
Old 22nd November 2014, 20:19   #855
Senior - BHPian

Thanks. I'll look out keeping this in mind.

If you obtain the same shell as well, it will be invaluable in case of minor accidents (bumpers, doors , windshields, lights etc) .

Please hence post a few pics of your BMW : )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks