Team-BHP - The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/196347-369-garage-mollywoods-petrolhead-father-son-duo-mammootty-dulquer-salmaan-32.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 5423420)
This is exactly the comment that I had placed on his YouTube channel against each part which he has showcased so far. And yes, he is very probably gauging responses prior to going bigger on YouTube.

Almost forgot he had a YouTube channel. Guess I unsubscribed since it had more of movie promotions and 'shorts'. :D

But his Instagram profile has little bit more of cars and his travels/drives.

Can't wait to see more detailed videos. Especially the classics and youngtimers! :Cheering:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DicKy (Post 5423399)
I kinda agree. All these time I thought he was being media shy regarding his cars, but one day he would showcase his car collection in a Jay Leno's Garage style series of videos.

This feels more tuned towards the masses than propah enthusiasts. Or maybe he is gauging repsonse so that he can put his time, money and effort into a video series? :)

I guess he was cautiously avoiding the public display of wealth probably to avoid the perception of arrogance associated with it in our society. I've felt from his interviews that he tries to stay away from the Rich/Privileged boy tag. These videos have been shared by various online portals and I came across many 'aunties & uncles' bashing him for spending his money buying cars instead of helping poor people! This exactly must be the reason he refrained from sharing much about his collection all these years.

Only selective cars included and this might be the end of this. But there's something in store in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anand123 (Post 5423753)
I guess he was cautiously avoiding the public display of wealth probably to avoid the perception of arrogance associated with it in our society. I've felt from his interviews that he tries to stay away from the Rich/Privileged boy tag. These videos have been shared by various online portals and I came across many 'aunties & uncles' bashing him for spending his money buying cars instead of helping poor people! This exactly must be the reason he refrained from sharing much about his collection all these years.

Latest GT3 video has these tags - NotShowingOff & PurelySharingTheEnthusiasm and it might be the exact reason he kept it private. Society is going to tag people no matter what and I am glad that he is finally opening up his garage to the enthusiasts. Hope this is just a beginning and there is more to come.

Quote:

That is something no one else can control. If one has the misfortune of being in an accident where one drives a car and the other rides a two wheeler, we can guess who will support whom even if we are not at fault.

I am aware of his concerns. If am right, even his first post (was it the W123 or the Volvo wagon?) his first words were that he doesn't want to be branded as show offy, so he has avoided showing his car collection. And pity, even this time he has to say that first before showcasing the M3. Even if one buy an Alto for commuting, someone will say why can't you buy a two wheeler.

Can't be avoided. One can have a six car garage that would at most cost 40 lakhs, but be branded a rich guy, yet some people can have 50+ wrist watches stashed in their drawers that would easily cost 2 crores+, yet can appear modest in public.:Frustrati

Quote:

I guess he was cautiously avoiding the public display of wealth probably to avoid the perception of arrogance associated with it in our society.refrained from sharing much about his collection all these years.

He definitely comes across as a nice chap. And doesnt show any of the excessive arrogance and pomp and show that these Bollywood actors show, for example. He has good taste and his car collection is really classy. We should wish him well and enjoy his car videos.:)

The next video is kinda teaser for an electric bike, Ultraviolette. :confused:

Hope this is just a random product placement in the video series, rather than the culmination. (Playing the devil's advocate, were those videos part of a build up to the bike?:crying)

EDIT: Just read the caption. He is an investor in Ultraviolette and seems passionate about the company.

Absolutely loved Dq's passion of cars, It felt truly authentic. Would love to see more of such car videos from the man himself.

How to cool off between hectic shoot schedules at Ramoji Film City, Hyderabad.

I have fond memories of this car from another time.

The Land Rover Defender 110 3.0L HSE from 369 Garage.

The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)-screenshot_20230226_101609_instagram.jpg

The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)-screenshot_20230226_101544_instagram.jpg

The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)-screenshot_20230226_101548_instagram.jpg

The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)-screenshot_20230226_101553_instagram.jpg

The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)-screenshot_20230226_101559_instagram.jpg

The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)-screenshot_20230226_101604_instagram.jpg

The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)-screenshot_20230226_073111_instagram.jpg

Pics by: saranblackstar

Spotted driving a Ferrari 812 (I think) in Dubai

The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)-dq-dxb.png

A pic from our recently concluded shoot for Mammootty's upcomer. The Cayenne is a camera tracking car, first of its kind in the south.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebo (Post 5511991)
A pic from our recently concluded shoot for Mammootty's upcomer. The Cayenne is a camera tracking car, first of its kind in the south.

What's the reason/advantage of using a luxury SUV as a camera tracking car?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashis89 (Post 5511999)
What's the reason/advantage of using a luxury SUV as a camera tracking car?

Topic for a separate discussion. The Cayenne was chosen for its overall performance, rigidity, space and industry recommendation.