Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2007, 14:19   #226
BHPian

Slk 350

Guy's just let me tell u my experience with a slk 350.
I was riding on my pulsar from Medical college jn to Pattom,when there was a huge road block at ullor junction.(Guy's frm tvm will knw the places well),i saw a black SLK 350 just ahead,with roofs up(terribly hot it was). Since it was moving slow,i had a look frm all angles. The car is low,real low and looks damn sexy. I tried following it for around 2 km's. he was driving real slow,and i thought he would continue doin that,but hell no, once he got an openning he just floored it.
Now comes the interesting part.

A Pulsar 180 can jump from 0-60km/hr in less than 5 sec.
A Merc SLK 350 (AMG) can jump from 0-60 km/hr in less than 2-3 sec.
Not bad for a 180 right?
Now 60-80 in 180---8 sec.
SLK 350------------2-3 sec.

In short in less than 5-6 sec the guy was at around 100 km/hr. He did it at the open stretch in kesavadasapuram. Now that's the closest statictics u could get for a real life supercar.After that..Well i gave up,i didn't want to bruise his ego. heheehee..
Old 2nd May 2007, 17:51   #227
Senior - BHPian

The SLK was a blue one...and by no means a super car

But yeah its good...
Old 3rd May 2007, 11:55   #228
BHPian

by the way, shock, it is not a slk 350, its a slk 200 kompressor.
Old 3rd May 2007, 13:54   #229
BHPian

Sorry nikhil my mistake. it seems u have seen it more closely,do u know the owner?
Old 20th May 2007, 14:43   #230
BHPian

Saw this BEAST today at WHEELSPIN, the car n bike racing organised by TRICHUR Motor Sport Racing Club....
guys, this land cruiser PRADO was a real show stealer....it was fun seeing this suv among the other modded swifts n balenos n esteems

Old 20th May 2007, 16:06   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncity View Post
Whats the difference between Toyota land cruiser and the Lexus LX and is there a lexus landcruiser too ?
the toyota landcruiser and the lexus LX 470 are pretty much the same, same chasis, same engine. just interior a bit different.
same goes with the infiniti qx56 and nissan armada and toyota prado and the lexus GX .

the white prado in the pic above looks quite bad with the skirts and funny mirrior on the next to the headlight. even 18 wheeler drivers can manage withthout those extra mirrors, why would a small suv need it?
Old 20th May 2007, 17:18   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
the toyota landcruiser and the lexus LX 470 are pretty much the same, same chasis, same engine. just interior a bit different.
same goes with the infiniti qx56 and nissan armada and toyota prado and the lexus GX .

the white prado in the pic above looks quite bad with the skirts and funny mirrior on the next to the headlight. even 18 wheeler drivers can manage withthout those extra mirrors, why would a small suv need it?

So i've heard it's possible to make a Landie look like the LX by changing the trim. The mirror in question comes standard or it is in the company option list. Some of the Landcruisers i've seen have that extra mirror it's supposed to minimise the blindspots. The 18 wheelers have upto three mirrors in different angles enclosed in that long vertical mirror housing.
Old 24th May 2007, 13:12   #233
BHPian

Thanks for posting pics of these luxury cars. Most of these are in Malabar
area. here in Trivandrum ,we have Cadillac Limousine. I think its a very rare model. includin import charges it costed abt 1 cr.will post d pics soon.
Old 24th May 2007, 16:31   #234
BHPian

heres a pic of the limo, sorry for the quality and the angle though!!!!!

Old 24th May 2007, 22:48   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
The mirror in question comes standard or it is in the company option list. Some of the Landcruisers i've seen have that extra mirror it's supposed to minimise the blindspots. The 18 wheelers have upto three mirrors in different angles enclosed in that long vertical mirror housing.
The Mirror in question is to show you the kerb when parallel parking also why its only on one side. All Japanese Origin Imported SUVs have them. If a Landcruiser or Prado comes from England they dont have this mirror. The Imports from the middle east come RHD from Japan and are they sent to India. So its probably a Japanese rule.
Old 27th May 2007, 09:22   #236
Senior - BHPian

Spotted Khaja group's S350 from Calicut during a funeral of a famous scholar. A new silver CRV of the same group also follwed the car.

Last edited by hanmust : 27th May 2007 at 09:23.
Old 3rd June 2007, 23:36   #237
Senior - BHPian

The first S320 CDI arrives at Calicut...my friend bought it...we went for a drive last night..its amazing car...the massive torque of the CDI motor is mindbowing..Even though both S350 & S320 CDI r same (except engine), I liked the S320CDI a little more...

Sorry for poor fotos..will post better ones later...

Last edited by hanmust : 3rd June 2007 at 23:43.
Old 4th June 2007, 08:30   #238
Team-BHP Support

Hani... The LC is owned by your relative right???

Once i chased it from attingal to kovalam by-pass... About a month back.. was night... The car didnt have a number plate ... We were in an Accent CRDi and were finding it hard to keep up with the Toyota...
Old 4th June 2007, 09:54   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shock View Post
Guy's just let me tell u my experience with a slk 350.
I was riding on my pulsar from Medical college jn to Pattom,when there was a huge road block at ullor junction.(Guy's frm tvm will knw the places well),i saw a black SLK 350 just ahead,with roofs up(terribly hot it was). Since it was moving slow,i had a look frm all angles. The car is low,real low and looks damn sexy. I tried following it for around 2 km's. he was driving real slow,and i thought he would continue doin that,but hell no, once he got an openning he just floored it.
Now comes the interesting part.

A Pulsar 180 can jump from 0-60km/hr in less than 5 sec.
A Merc SLK 350 (AMG) can jump from 0-60 km/hr in less than 2-3 sec.
Not bad for a 180 right?
Now 60-80 in 180---8 sec.
SLK 350------------2-3 sec.

In short in less than 5-6 sec the guy was at around 100 km/hr. He did it at the open stretch in kesavadasapuram. Now that's the closest statictics u could get for a real life supercar.After that..Well i gave up,i didn't want to bruise his ego. heheehee..
If its a 200 , 0-100 in less than 5-6 secs is quite impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Hani... The LC is owned by your relative right???

Once i chased it from attingal to kovalam by-pass... About a month back.. was night... The car didnt have a number plate ... We were in an Accent CRDi and were finding it hard to keep up with the Toyota...

If its the white one that was spotted in the event " wheelspin " , I dont think its Hani's relative.

Last edited by maxbhp : 4th June 2007 at 09:56.
Old 4th June 2007, 10:27   #240
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
If its the white one that was spotted in the event " wheelspin " , I dont think its Hani's relative.
Ya... Now i remember... It wasn't Hani... It was you...

How come the car was without number plates a week after you posted pics here???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks