Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2009, 02:47   #2731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
The skyline was imported in August, But Kerala roads are not its best friend , due to the very very low GC on that particular car.

The car was imported from Japan to Dubai and from there to Cochin.He had a Supra which he brought down the same route some time back.
What was the color or the other Supra ?
Old 28th October 2009, 16:28   #2732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
A toyota Rav 4 spotted at Mustang Motors Ernakulam , yesterday
Is it an old model silver one? with after market alloys?
Old 28th October 2009, 20:07   #2733
Senior - BHPian

New 7series spotted at EKM.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-new-7series.jpg  

Old 29th October 2009, 03:19   #2734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
Is it an old model silver one? with after market alloys?
Yes the one with the after market mags
Old 29th October 2009, 09:01   #2735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Just a while ago I saw a Land Rover Discovery 1 white DL regn passing in front of my flat. By the time my cam got on it passed. I would have chased, but some one was waiting for me at my office, so I had to rush to office. The car was pretty well kept & neat at first sight!
Hope you guys remember about the spotting of Discovery a few weeks back. Couple of weeks back too I spotted it, but I couldn't snap that day too since I was in traffic. Y'day after lunch on my way to office I again saw it, but by the time I open my camera it passed away. Thank God I was on my Activa, so I quickly U-turned & chased it, at last I caught it on the next junction, since there was police man I couldn't snap, I caught it in my camera on the next fly over. Soon after the flyover it took righ & I guessed that it might be proceeding to the nearest garage & I was right.

I met the owner Mr.Vinod, who is an architect-consultant. When I talked to him I came to know that he has become a BHPian & will be posting a travelogue soon on his drive from Delhi with is Discovery. It's 2002, 4.0L V8 turbo diesel & he bought it from Ameraican Embassy. Expecting the travelogue & ownership details soon Mr.Vinod!
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-dsc00608.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-dsc00609.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-dsc00610.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-dsc00611.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-dsc00612.jpg  

hanmust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2009, 09:07   #2736
Senior - BHPian

Last Sunday couple of my friends & myself had gone for a off-roading with one of my best friend's Pajero. Even though we had some good enjoying setions, we only snaped & video the last setion in which Pajero got stuck in a climb of over 30degree incline. But after a little exercise we came out easily. Video too attached, but sory for poor quality!

My memory card reader was missing, hence delay in posting!

Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-dsc00604.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-dsc00605.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-dsc00606.jpg  

Old 29th October 2009, 11:08   #2737
BHPian

I am not sure if that is the correct approach angle, again not sure on the power delivery, he cuts of the power at the time the vehicle need them the most.
Old 29th October 2009, 12:10   #2738
Senior - BHPian

Hanmust Td5 are V8 diesels? If I recall the the V8 diesels were first introduced in 2006 on any LR! Is she an auto or mannual?

Td5 are 2500 cc 4 pot turbo diesel motors

I suppose delhi reg? Don't like the paint scheme he has opted for on the cladding!

Most embassy cars I hear are mannuals (driven mostly by drivers) and I uppose she would not have an air-ride pack? I see she does have the thrid row which agian most embassies don't order would sure like to get my hands on one if available with auto, airride, and thrid row any lead hanny?

Last edited by canonball : 29th October 2009 at 12:15.
Old 29th October 2009, 13:49   #2739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
I am not sure if that is the correct approach angle, again not sure on the power delivery, he cuts of the power at the time the vehicle need them the most.
Ya, it's not a correct approach angle, but he really wanted to do some serious stunds! He cuts of the power when the rear skid away from the track due to the dry skiddy surface. But later he locked up the rear diffrential by hold the hand brakes! In my G-wagen there is a diffrential lock which helps in such sitaution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Hanmust Td5 are V8 diesels? If I recall the the V8 diesels were first introduced in 2006 on any LR! Is she an auto or mannual?

Td5 are 2500 cc 4 pot turbo diesel motors

I suppose delhi reg? Don't like the paint scheme he has opted for on the cladding!

Most embassy cars I hear are mannuals (driven mostly by drivers) and I uppose she would not have an air-ride pack? I see she does have the thrid row which agian most embassies don't order would sure like to get my hands on one if available with auto, airride, and thrid row any lead hanny?
I was told that it's a 4.0L V8 turbo diesel & it's sounds turbo too!

It's a manual one & all the claddings are after market fitted by him & he told he is planning to remove it except the rear one which may protect from the kisses by autorikshas in the traffic!

Canonball, I'll keep in mind & will lead if any deal comes!
Old 29th October 2009, 15:02   #2740
BHPian

The best shape of the Disco in my opinion. But this one sadly looks Endeavor-ed ! Should have held on to the factory coloured cladding. I dont think this series came with V8 Diesels. If it did, it would be screaming V8 somewhere or the other. The first V8 diesels came after the Ford acquisition from Jaguar. The new 3.6 Jag TDV8 on the 2010 Range Rovers seem yummy. 271bhp and 640Nm of torque.
Old 29th October 2009, 15:48   #2741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Isnt this a Toyota Emina? the Estima is more aggressive and modern looking I guess. correct me if I'm wrong.
pardon my ignorance, but I thought that the Estima/ Emina was the same vehicle with different names.
Old 29th October 2009, 19:14   #2742
Senior - BHPian

Few old photos of one of my friend's collections. Right now only Honda Fireblade is retained by him! YOu can also see his H3 which was on Carnet! Got these photos from another mutual friend!
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-shabeers-bikes-1.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-shabeers-bikes-2.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-shabeers-bikes-3.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-shabeers-bikes-4.jpg  

Old 29th October 2009, 19:18   #2743
Senior - BHPian

nice pics hanmust. The harley and the quad are awesome, though I don't like hummers much.

cheers
Old 29th October 2009, 19:47   #2744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Few old photos of one of my friend's collections. Right now only Honda Fireblade is retained by him! YOu can also see his H3 which was on Carnet! Got these photos from another mutual friend!
Isnt this of Mr.S? Have seen that Fireblade & Intruder. Never knew he has got a Vrod.
Had few snaps of that Fireblade & Intruder,will chech and post if its still there in my mail.

Last edited by Unknownsatan : 29th October 2009 at 19:54.
Old 29th October 2009, 21:07   #2745
Senior - BHPian

What is that red car?? The bikes look amazing... The LR3 is a nice find too

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks