Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2009, 20:45   #3256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
That was a life saving shot , Thank GoD

BTW what happened after the sudden break , did the car skid ?

Made any sound ?

Or it was quite enough for the lady to turn back and walk forward and hit the car ?

The rear end did shift a bit. But before it could skid the zillion ESP programmings came into action and reigned the Behemoth. The expression of the lady was to see. She just gave a sharp stare at the driver and walked the opposite way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
GTR looks awesome.

Most of the people who are driving costly cars do not follow basic traffic rules/ show no driving discipline and they are arrogant, wonder how/why?
I agree, The Q7 incident happened in a very narrow strech of road and the must thank god that the lady did'nt make an issue out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
Guys,even I spotted the For Reg.Olive color Beetle near Gvyr.

Scorcher - Was the Reg no of the X5 KL-** ** 777?[Prev Gen]
No idea of the number brother.

Last edited by Scorcher : 21st December 2009 at 20:47.
Old 21st December 2009, 23:18   #3257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post

Spotted this KL-13-**-5555 reg. Pre Facelift Q7 S-Line nr. Life Fellowship Church. In the third pic you actually see the guy came ripping in full glory and comes to a screeching halt just to miss the lady. The rear end actually shifted in the process. Lucky lady, saved her life from getting run by this beast. Was a pretty close call.
That's my friend Shabeer's Q7, the person who brought the yellow H3. It's the same Q7 with 21" Kahn wheels & now removed due to poor roads.

See how the lady walk through the center of a road looking behind! That's the traffic culture we have in our state rather country. We cannot always blame the drivers/motorist for the accidents! This is an evident, thanks Scorcher. It's high time to make traffic awareness as part of curiculam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Can a car brought under carnet be sold here?
Quote:
Its not under Carnet i guess, it has the Sharjah no: plate when it was imported. It can be locally registered since its a RHD car.
You are right, see the export sighn on the regn plate. In most of Gulf countries blue plates are used to the cars which is exported from the nation.
Old 22nd December 2009, 00:15   #3258
Senior - BHPian

Superstar Mammootty is using a BMW sportscar in his new movie - Dhrona. It must be a Z3 or Z4. Any idea guys?
Old 22nd December 2009, 00:26   #3259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Superstar Mammootty is using a BMW sportscar in his new movie - Dhrona. It must be a Z3 or Z4. Any idea guys?

Is that a left hand one , the ugliest z3 with UAE number plates ?
Old 22nd December 2009, 08:01   #3260
Senior - BHPian

Here is an out of state M-class I spotted at Hotel Malabar Palace on last Saturday. I was there for a tourism seminar & I guess its owned by a travel & tour operator who had given out a paper presentation!
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-19122009001.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-19122009.jpg  

Old 22nd December 2009, 10:19   #3261
Team-BHP Support

are those mirrors original?
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:11   #3262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Yes they are Akshay.
Old 22nd December 2009, 12:40   #3263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's pre-facelift model!
Old 22nd December 2009, 18:51   #3264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was that having a blue strip on the number plate , just like the EU number plates ?

A Jwellery tycoon is setting up their new show room in Guruyayoor chavakkad area

@ Scorcher , did you got any news about the new Z4/Z3 in trivandrum , actually the car belongs to thrissur but it is in Trivandrum now.
I got the jeweller you are pointing to, But afaik he dont have a Black X5.

No, no idea of any Z4 in here. Just a Boxster and a Supra(as some one mentioned in here, never saw the supra)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
That's my friend Shabeer's Q7, the person who brought the yellow H3. It's the same Q7 with 21" Kahn wheels & now removed due to poor roads.

See how the lady walk through the center of a road looking behind! That's the traffic culture we have in our state rather country. We cannot always blame the drivers/motorist for the accidents! This is an evident, thanks Scorcher. It's high time to make traffic awareness as part of curiculam.
I think that is the 2nd set of 'Project Kahn's bought by Shabeer. So, if he got comfort problems why would he buy another set. Or was it removed due to the Long run from Clt to Tvm ? btw, hani, dont you think it badly deserves a better no: plate. The current one with the Silver garnish looks a bit downmarket. Even the 'Hi Protection ones(IND)' will make it look way better.

Quote:
Its Dhronar, btw, by the visuals it looked like a pretty matured movie, means the one with more brainy stuff than these 'Bling Blings'. I did see a Black Audi Q7 in another Mammootty flick 'Chattambinadu's trailer, which incidently belong to the Co-Producer Mr Naushad of Naushad Catering(KL-23 or 29). I've personally seen it once in tvm. Also 'Gulumaal' Has a white Q7(Gvr reg. i guess).

Quote:
Is that a left hand one , the ugliest z3 with UAE number plates ?
Oh god, The 'My Toy' one. I just hope its not there. It is a disaster.

Quote:
The pre-facelift M had too tiny RVM's similar to the E and had viewing problems too. The facelift seems to have filled the error. It gets bigger ones.
Old 22nd December 2009, 20:06   #3265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Its Dhronar, btw, by the visuals it looked like a pretty matured movie, means the one with more brainy stuff than these 'Bling Blings'. I did see a Black Audi Q7 in another Mammootty flick 'Chattambinadu's trailer, which incidently belong to the Co-Producer Mr Naushad of Naushad Catering(KL-23 or 29). I've personally seen it once in tvm. Also 'Gulumaal' Has a white Q7(Gvr reg. i guess).
The film is titled - 'Dhrona 2010'. I saw 'Gulumal' and didnt remember seeing a Q7 in it. Anyways there is a white Q7 in 'My Big Father'.
Old 22nd December 2009, 20:09   #3266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The film is titled - 'Dhrona 2010'. I saw 'Gulumal' and didnt remember seeing a Q7 in it. Anyways there is a white Q7 in 'My Big Father'.
Today I saw the movie gulumal , but I ddidn't remember seeing a white Q7 in that movive.
Old 22nd December 2009, 21:31   #3267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today I saw the movie gulumal , but I ddidn't remember seeing a white Q7 in that movive.
Oops, My bad. I saw all the new releases in a row. So got messed up, hence it has to be in "My Big Father". Okay, but i think initially it was named dronar maybe renamed afterwards.

P.S- I think we are going terribly OT. So i think the movie part should end here. CHEERS.
Old 22nd December 2009, 22:40   #3268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The pre-facelift M had too tiny RVM's similar to the E and had viewing problems too. The facelift seems to have filled the error. It gets bigger ones.
I beg to differ here being an owner of a pre facelifted ML. The car RVM's are by no standard small or similar to the E class (being an owner of the E too). The Facelifted ML mirrors are the similar as the older ones. The only diference in both cars is the under body protector in the facelifted one. Will take pictures and post for you tommorrow.
Old 22nd December 2009, 23:36   #3269
Senior - BHPian

Brother, i by no means meant both ML and E have same ORVM's but similar in design. And i myself being 6ft + person and who also have a experience of driving the ML, X5, Q7 and numerous similar SUV's do feel it needs bigger ORVM's since i had to tilt my head to catch a good view. Its very evident in comparison with the X5,Q7 etc. A vehicle that big does deserve bigger mirrors. Though, it is my personal perspective. I never saw the facelifted ML personally. Just read somewhere that it gets a revised ORVM's. Also note hani(hanmust) mentioning the same point in reply of it being different because it is pre-facelift. Cheers.
Old 23rd December 2009, 00:24   #3270
Senior - BHPian

Here are some pix from the cochin customs, taken a week back by a friend. Other than these cars, there were 2 range rovers too, which the guys said was being taken out soon. They said the corvette has some sorta engine trouble. I Still don't understand what an \lhd car is doing here though!!
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-img_0560.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-img_0561.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-img_0556.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-img_0557.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-img_0558.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-img_0559.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-img_0562.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-img_0563.jpg  

Last edited by JayD : 23rd December 2009 at 00:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks