Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2009, 23:24   #3331
~~h
BHPian

Have you seen Autocar Jan Edition? It says Pritviraj's Q7 had some teething issues which Audi wasn't able to fix. He finally had to take the help of Autocar to get it done.

Strage.. thought celebrity status should have given him priority and attention anyways..

Source : Autocar India Jan-2010, Helpline Column (Pg#175)
Old 29th December 2009, 00:14   #3332
Senior - BHPian

Quite possible that the Audi Kochi is'nt showing that interest to fix raju's car because he bought the car from the Gurgaon dealer. And is not a direct customer of the dealer, Hence.

But there are few more Direct Import Q7's including Mammooka's and Althaf's (NEST GROUP, i think there Q7 was one among the first to hit india). Dont know if they too face similar issues. Anyways, thanks for the info. Im getting my AC copy tomorow itself.

OT- Will update you guys with more info from prithviraj's side pretty soon. CHEERS.
Old 29th December 2009, 00:27   #3333
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a 2 door Toyota sedan at Palarivattom byepass signal , it was written ZYND....(not sure it was in night)

It was Goa registered , The blue LED strip was glowing under the body
Old 29th December 2009, 00:53   #3334
Senior - BHPian

2 door sedan ?? You meant Coupé right. MR2 by any chance ?
Old 29th December 2009, 00:59   #3335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
2 door sedan ?? You meant Coupé right. MR2 by any chance ?
That is not a MR2 , it was written CYN0 or Zynd on the doors as well as the boot.

I think it is toyota cynos but not sure.
Old 29th December 2009, 09:52   #3336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is defenitly not 7lakh as i remember so well that it broke Tony Jose's Landcruisers(KL-8-AP-1) record by a lakh. And i think tony's bid was 8lakh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
@ Scy--- KL- 8 - AP - 1 was first registered in name of Veronica CI (a relative to the famous car delar in Kochi, my close friends Grandma, she passed away a couple of months before)

Then with in few days it was transfered to one of my relatives name , Princy Francis Alukka

Actually the car was bought by the second owner , and it is a Toyota LC V8

It was not in the name of Tony Jose.
Scorcher, Foby said the fact! It's KL8 AP 1 is Fancis Alukka's LC which is in Calicut!

Quote:
Quite possible that the Audi Kochi is'nt showing that interest to fix raju's car because he bought the car from the Gurgaon dealer. And is not a direct customer of the dealer, Hence.

But there are few more Direct Import Q7's including Mammooka's and Althaf's (NEST GROUP, i think there Q7 was one among the first to hit india). Dont know if they too face similar issues. Anyways, thanks for the info. Im getting my AC copy tomorow itself.

OT- Will update you guys with more info from prithviraj's side pretty soon. CHEERS.
Althaf's Q7 is the first customer car to hit India, but Audi had their display car before it!

BTW why are you getting AC copy?
Old 29th December 2009, 13:52   #3337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Scorcher, Foby said the fact! It's KL8 AP 1 is Fancis Alukka's LC which is in Calicut!

Althaf's Q7 is the first customer car to hit India, but Audi had their display car before it!

BTW why are you getting AC copy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
@ Scy--- KL- 8 - AP - 1 was first registered in name of Veronica CI (a relative to the famous car delar in Kochi, my close friends Grandma, she passed away a couple of months before)

Then with in few days it was transfered to one of my relatives name , Princy Francis Alukka

Actually the car was bought by the second owner , and it is a Toyota LC V8

It was not in the name of Tony Jose.
Ok, thanks guys. As hani posted the pics earlier and mentioned a jeweller. I mistook it for Tony. My Bad. One more reason is that when my friend rang up Mr. Ebby for the grey cayenne, he told it was traded off and even the white LC was gone to a Jeweller who is well established in tvm. And we took it for granted that it is Tony since by then he had 2 showrooms in here.

But the number cost is true right, i think it was even mentioned in herd when the pics were posted.

@hani -Yea, i too read in a mag that it is the first Q7 but did'nt have the nerve to post it as it is, since i have experience of reading bigger blunders in these mags(eg. In the initial 3series td., one mag told that among the bookings is Saikumar for a 525d. But when i confirmed it with the 'Then BMW GM'(You know who), he told Saikumar just took a td when these guys were there at the showroom).

2.i said im going to buy the Autocar(AC) copy he mentioned. I'm sure you mistook it for some thing else !
Old 29th December 2009, 14:39   #3338
BHPian

I dont think any direct import owners are facing service issues from Audi Kerala because they did not buy it from there.

NeST Q7 was serviced by Audi Blr dealers and now they have swiched to Kochi dealership. Audi TT is also serviced at the same dealership.
Old 29th December 2009, 15:05   #3339
Senior - BHPian

Even raju's Q7 is being serviced by Audi Kochi only. But what the issue in here is some other job which evidently Audi did'nt fix(since the car is in Kerala, defenitly he must have gone for Audi Kochi). Then he must have approached AutoCar with the problem. It is just the matter of going an extra mile for customers satisfaction. I was visiting Bmw Kochi's Ex-GM(who is a friend) when Althafs 740li(direct import) was brought there for a battery failure. When the Service dept. chief recomended a battery change and stated a waiting period of 3-4 weeks to arrive from Germany, The GM rang up the Chennai dealer the instant and send a service worker in a transport bus readily to get the batt. from chennai and the car was given back the very next day. I think that's a commentable effort.
Old 29th December 2009, 15:51   #3340
alF
BHPian

Quote:
Even raju's Q7 is being serviced by Audi Kochi only. But what the issue in here is some other job which evidently Audi did'nt fix(since the car is in Kerala, defenitly he must have gone for Audi Kochi). Then he must have approached AutoCar with the problem. It is just the matter of going an extra mile for customers satisfaction. I was visiting Bmw Kochi's Ex-GM(who is a friend) when Althafs 740li(direct import) was brought there for a battery failure. When the Service dept. chief recomended a battery change and stated a waiting period of 3-4 weeks to arrive from Germany, The GM rang up the Chennai dealer the instant and send a service worker in a transport bus readily to get the batt. from chennai and the car was given back the very next day. I think that's a commentable effort.

Althaf is my relative according to the info i have, he told me, they actually pushed BMW so hard to send somebody to madras to get the battery.
Old 29th December 2009, 16:21   #3341
Senior - BHPian

The person whom was with the car made many distress calls to someone(althaf, i guess) while he was talking about the batt unavailability with the guys at service dept. But as the matter reached GM he readily called some at chennai and send a person right away. And was told that the car was given the next day. That is all part of info i have. Cheers !
Old 29th December 2009, 18:45   #3342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@hani -Yea, i too read in a mag that it is the first Q7 but did'nt have the nerve to post it as it is, since i have experience of reading bigger blunders in these mags(eg. In the initial 3series td., one mag told that among the bookings is Saikumar for a 525d. But when i confirmed it with the 'Then BMW GM'(You know who), he told Saikumar just took a td when these guys were there at the showroom).

2.i said im going to buy the Autocar(AC) copy he mentioned. I'm sure you mistook it for some thing else !
I have not quoted after reading any magazine, but an information got from some one who is very close to Althaf & later I was also told by a friend who was sales guy from Jubiliant Motors (Audi Blore).

Obiviously I mistook as you know whats the reason.

Quote:
Quote:
The person whom was with the car made many distress calls to someone(althaf, i guess) while he was talking about the batt unavailability with the guys at service dept. But as the matter reached GM he readily called some at chennai and send a person right away. And was told that the car was given the next day. That is all part of info i have. Cheers !
The person who Scorcher mentioned (ex GM of BMW Cochin) is a really commited person & have a very close personal relation with Nest family! But it doesn't mean that the dealership will be so commitable.

BTW, please try to avoid using the names of the person, they might not be interested to disclose thier idendity! Maximum you may use thier Group name, its against forum's rule. Avoid one more infraction.
Old 29th December 2009, 18:55   #3343
Senior - BHPian

Just spotted a brand new Merc Ml 320 or 230 in college road thrissur , it is for registration , that was a white one.
Old 29th December 2009, 21:22   #3344
Senior - BHPian

I apologize hani. It was invoulanatary. Mentioned since alredy his name was discussed number of times. Again, My Bad !

@foby- it is defenitly ML320cdi. There is no 230 for M Classé.
Old 30th December 2009, 18:57   #3345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I apologize hani. It was invoulanatary. Mentioned since alredy his name was discussed number of times. Again, My Bad !

@foby- it is defenitly ML320cdi. There is no 230 for M Classé.
Thank you for correcting me Buddy !!

I always mix up with numericals

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks