Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2004, 19:29   #46
BHPian

Guys I saw the same Maybach near King Circle, sunday morning 7.am . Ambani had come 2 Mysore Cafe at 7 in the morning , sorry guys forgot to take my cam, so no pics. The car no. was MH-01-RA-xxxx.
Old 11th October 2004, 19:39   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]The car no. was MH-01-RA-xxxx.
If its an Ambani car...there's really no need to disclose the plates...they always are 9999!!!

Rt
Old 28th March 2005, 09:26   #48
BHPian

spotted

Hey guys easter day turned lucky for me as i was returning home in the evening yesterday i was fortunate enough to see a black beauty the maybach it looked so splendid it was spotted in vakola followed by a honda accord and 2 cr-v s the sight was awesome,and that wasnt it i even saw an audi tt in bandra silver one and also an innova.how many people in mumbai own a maybach????

Moderator Note : Topics merged. Please search for existing topics before posting a new one. Also do not use ALL CAPS.

Last edited by v12 : 28th March 2005 at 09:35.
Old 21st May 2006, 21:04   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
Hey fellas

My cam at work again . Shot this Maybach at Worli seaface when TB Mumbai met up for a meet . For the first time here are exclusive pics of the Maybach belonging to... welll

Enjoy

Dippy
just one question
maybach is super luxury car with all the amazing luxuries...then why is mr ambani sitting in the front seat rather then sittin back??????????
Old 22nd May 2006, 00:10   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-RULZ
just one question
maybach is super luxury car with all the amazing luxuries...then why is mr ambani sitting in the front seat rather then sittin back??????????
err.. no space!!

Last edited by comfortablywacky : 22nd May 2006 at 00:12.
Old 22nd May 2006, 01:55   #51
Senior - BHPian

Read somewhere that even Manikchand's daughter sits in the front...but thats to help the driver with all the controls in the 'cockpit'

And the front seats would be equally luxurious, just that they don't recline like the ones in the rear. But you wouldn't care abt that when ur in control of the 500+ horses and a LOT of torque which would even put a few supercars to shame..

Last edited by karthik247 : 22nd May 2006 at 01:58.
Old 22nd May 2006, 08:56   #52
BHPian

i read there are in all3 maybach;s in India.. 1 in Mumbai ( ambani's ), 1 in Pune ( manikchands ) ..and 3rd one .???? no idea who owns the 3rd maybach.
Old 22nd May 2006, 10:11   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncity
i read there are in all3 maybach;s in India.. 1 in Mumbai ( ambani's ), 1 in Pune ( manikchands ) ..and 3rd one .???? no idea who owns the 3rd maybach.
maybach sales are a lot less than phantom sales. any idea why? is it cos of the price difference
Old 22nd May 2006, 11:07   #54
Senior - BHPian

4 Maybachs

The 3rd Maybach is in Haryana, I got the inform directly from DaimlerChrysler India Ltd (DCIL). But they didn't disclose the person. Actually there is 4 Maybachs in our country. The 4th is DCIL's demo car in black-brown colour which where displayed in Auto Expo & Brand Shows.

DCIL agree that Maybach sale were not upto the expectation, but they are expecting to sale one or two this year. Actually Mr.Ambani has imported his car from UK.
Old 22nd May 2006, 12:13   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak
maybach sales are a lot less than phantom sales. any idea why? is it cos of the price difference
I think its because the fact that some how a maybach fails to say that its a super luxury car. i mean u may approx 4 Cr. + and what u get is an oversized S Class with some new Instruments thats all. But at the same place an RR looks and feels more luxurious then Maybach. And ya who can come close to the prestige added with the word " RR "
Old 22nd May 2006, 12:51   #56
aZa
Senior - BHPian

In some TV interview i had heard Vijay Mallaya say "Maybachs are not VFM in india, i do have a Maybach but in LA not India."

Even the ambanis have their Maybach imported from UK. I guess that explains why DCIL isn't seeling much of the maybachs.
Old 22nd May 2006, 16:54   #57
Senior - BHPian

personally a maybach is an oversized ugly piece of machinery which one spends rs 4cr+ and looks like a bafoon whilst self driving, as opposed to a phantom or a flying spur which reeks of uber good looks and classe. the latter for me anyday and they even cost less.
Old 22nd May 2006, 17:43   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16
personally a maybach is an oversized ugly piece of machinery which one spends rs 4cr+ and looks like a bafoon whilst self driving, as opposed to a phantom or a flying spur which reeks of uber good looks and classe. the latter for me anyday and they even cost less.

Very well said V 16 Took the words right out of my mouth
Old 22nd May 2006, 19:05   #59
Senior - BHPian

I disagree...Maybach is better looking than the Rolls..But Bentley is different..For me Rolls is like a MACK truck from front..Comfort is one of the most important factor in a super-luxury car..Maybach's multi-functional seats is the most comfortable than the soaf seats of Rolls..The massagers, heating & cooling of its seats make us feel more relaxed in the limo..Airmatic & all others gizmos add to the comfort..More over it has won lot of awards for luxury by the various agencies..
Old 22nd May 2006, 21:03   #60
Senior - BHPian

the only maybacj which i would own over a Rolls or a bentley would be Maybach 57 S in black and thats it...a perfect drivers car, but if i have to pick i would pick any other then rolls, maybach 62, 57, bentley arnage..

arnage has lost it for not being able to come up with a nice design after companies split a long time back and they are still stuck in the mid 90s..

Last edited by 1Day : 22nd May 2006 at 21:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks