Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2008, 15:04   #46
Senior - BHPian

which car are you talking about S600 ? the one which Arush posted or the one in post 1 of this thread.
Old 10th May 2008, 15:35   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
which car are you talking about S600 ? the one which Arush posted or the one in post 1 of this thread.
He means the one in Post 1. The Arush one is in Punjab/Delhi.
Old 10th May 2008, 15:40   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
First of all, welcome to the forum. Many so called auto experts are left humbled here. (thanks ArtofZen and aniguchiasn) Those are very much M3 skirts and are different from the 328. Did you know that the pre 95 and post 95 (called M3Evo in europe) had different skirts and front grille and wheel options. The M contour is probably the second most popular wheel in the US for M3s and was probably coupled with the luxury package that mine has.

Just so that you know, US is the most important market for BMW and many vehicles like the X5 were designed specifically for the US customer. Usually zee Germans test out their crap technology like the E36 DSG-I in UK before they bring it to the US market (E-46 DSG-II)

The US M3 has a lot of changes compared to a 328 and has everything the Euro one except the cylinder head. At the end of the day the Euro M3 also based on a 328is. For all that power, the Euro M3 is only 0.5 sec faster to 60 than the american one.

There were only 2 type of side skirts ever made for e36. One which is called motor sport side skirt(the ones you have on US M3's) and the other is Mtec or m3 side skirts. There is no other variation whatsoever.

Secondly the contour wheels were only for saloon m3's but yes you could upgrade it from new or later. There were 3 variations in euro m3 wheels and 2 variations in euro m3 evo but contour wheels were never sold on a m3 coupe. And yes I know every update they made to the e36 inc the the side repeaters grill and front bumper mesh(from slats)

So you know, euro m3 has nothing common with 328is. Engine is s50b30 and not m52, lsd has different ratio and the suspension is again not the same.

Do correct me if I am wrong, US beemers engine rotate anticlockwise!!

Although thanks for the welcome.
Old 29th May 2008, 23:55   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S600BENZ View Post
Just saw this thread. Owner is a friend and a fellow Team bhpian. Car is an M3. If anybody has doubts, please call me. Car can be viewed in Bandra.
why not post details here or request the owner to do so if he is a member here. And some details about engine spec, etc as it seems like it could possibly be a swap.
Old 26th November 2010, 12:43   #50

This thread maybe closed not read, i was just going through it......

The "purple M3" why have the Darth Vadar front seats been ditched for "normal Seats"???

The Evo and Non Evo came with the "Vader" style seats......

why would anyone change those??????

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks