Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2009, 08:40   #496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
I'm a shade over 6'1 and I have sat inside a Murciélago. It was quite tough to get inside. Was crawling my way in. Very snug inside, I quite liked it. The Veyron, in my opinion, was even harder to sit inside - but possibly because I didn't even really want to touch it as I sat within it. So I kinda liquid popped my way in.

So sir,you are telling that tall people can sit in a lambo but they cannot drive it ? Can tall people sit in a lamborghini ? But I see many rap stars and hollywood celebs buying lamborghinis,porsches.Dont they feel any discomfort ?
Old 18th February 2009, 08:56   #497
BHPian

Am I too tall? - Page 3 - Lamborghini Forum

okay guys,I have found this on the net.It says,even a 7'1 guy can sit in a lambo and guess what,he is Shaq-O-Neil.So check that
Old 18th February 2009, 09:41   #498
BHPian

jeremy clarkson is 6"4 or 6"5 he fits in murcielago, veyron , porsche , mclaren slr. but the imp point is if you have long torso and small legs it is a problem because it will be very hard to get in and get out and you cannot sit comfortably if you head is hitting the roof.
Old 18th February 2009, 12:33   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwAddict View Post
So sir,you are telling that tall people can sit in a lambo but they cannot drive it ? Can tall people sit in a lamborghini ? But I see many rap stars and hollywood celebs buying lamborghinis,porsches.Dont they feel any discomfort ?
A "lamborghini" could be a Gallardo which is very different from a "murcielago" . They may be sitting in gallardo's , which are easy to sit in and drive. Not that tall people can not sit in a murci. They can , but with great discomfort.

Quote:
Am I too tall? - Page 3 - Lamborghini Forum

okay guys,I have found this on the net.It says,even a 7'1 guy can sit in a lambo and guess what,he is Shaq-O-Neil.So check that
Sir, you have to read through the entire thing for once. Shaq is the one who has a customised Long wheel base Gallardo to suit his height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiram7912 View Post
jeremy clarkson is 6"4 or 6"5 he fits in murcielago, veyron , porsche , mclaren slr. but the imp point is if you have long torso and small legs it is a problem because it will be very hard to get in and get out and you cannot sit comfortably if you head is hitting the roof.
Did you not see the video of clarkson driving the LP640? Did you notice his legs were stuck between the steering wheel and that he could not even use the indicators because they were striking his knees?
Old 18th February 2009, 13:09   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post

Did you not see the video of clarkson driving the LP640? Did you notice his legs were stuck between the steering wheel and that he could not even use the indicators because they were striking his knees?
yes i did thanks for bringing that up. i was going to say that it is hard to be really tall and driving a super car, because you cannot get the perfect driving position. small things like indicator stalks as you mentioned will be coming in your way.

but if i were to buy a murcielago or any super car , i would get a custom seat to fit my body posture. i am 6"7 ( i know i am really tall !) i find it difficult to sit in every car i find it easier to sit in a maruti 800 than it is to sit in a toyota camry.

OT : it depends upon the person and its not the same for every person and i would recommend not buying a car because a person of your height fits perfectly in the car you wanted to buy.

But lets not get off topic !
Old 18th February 2009, 16:07   #501
Senior - BHPian

@Abhiram- I am 6.1 and all these years i thought i am tall, dont stand next to me plz
Old 18th February 2009, 16:46   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
@Abhiram- I am 6.1 and all these years i thought i am tall, dont stand next to me plz
OFF TOPIC : yup i get that a lot !
Old 18th February 2009, 22:02   #503
BHPian

Quote:
A "lamborghini" could be a Gallardo which is very different from a "murcielago" . They may be sitting in gallardo's , which are easy to sit in and drive. Not that tall people can not sit in a murci. They can , but with great discomfort.

Sir, you have to read through the entire thing for once. Shaq is the one who has a customised Long wheel base Gallardo to suit his height.

Yeah,I read that,but those tunings keep the vehicle neat or else it would damage the look of lamborghini ? if at all I am intereted to buy a lamborghini murcielago,can I get my lamborghini tuned for my height and is it worthy sir ? and yeah is asking questions an off topic in this thread ?
Old 18th February 2009, 22:24   #504
BHPian

But in these videos,Jeremy is very much comfortable
Old 18th February 2009, 23:38   #505
BHPian

Quote:
i m not saying he is not comfortable. you cannot seriously know if a person is comfortable or not by watching a 8 min video. i say it again one cannot buy a car by just thinking that if some one taller than fits in a car then i would fit in it comfortably.

for example, i have a friend with 2006 Audi TT with a manual tranny. he is 6"7 he fits perfectly in the TT while i am 6"6 and i actually fit in it, but it would be just for show because there's not enough room in the foot well to move my legs freely around and position my legs even though i wore driving shoes. Now when i bought my recent car ( now sold ) i wanted some thing like a audi TT-S or some thing in that space, i wanted a manual every car i test drove i found it difficult to freely move around my legs in the foot well, heck i found it difficult to position my feet in a CIVIC SI Coupe. i gave up and bought a 2005 CLK 55 AMG with auto box and i am fine with it. you have to do some compromises when you are tall in my case it was giving up manual tranny in sports cars. now i decided that i will search for manual tranny only when i buy a muscle car or a sedan.

no i am just saying that lets not discuss the height issues in a thread which was made for ecks lambo. lets start a new thread about the height issues of tall people.
Old 10th March 2009, 15:39   #506
Senior - BHPian

KD - I thought you were getting the C63? What prompted the change to the M3?
Old 10th March 2009, 15:55   #507
Distinguished - BHPian

Yeah, why not the C63? It's a more exciting car. You already have a beemer. Why not get a 3 pointed star?
Old 10th March 2009, 17:49   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
KD - I thought you were getting the C63? What prompted the change to the M3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Yeah, why not the C63? It's a more exciting car. You already have a beemer. Why not get a 3 pointed star?

1 - Pathetic service / salesmanship

2 - Cheap interiors

3 - Basic options were 'not available for indian region'

4 - Delay in every damn thing these guys did.
Old 10th March 2009, 20:52   #509
Senior - BHPian

Karan
i can see that you have added a 750Li to your collection.(congrats for that)
are you awaiting delivery or you already got it?
why not another thread on it
it deserves one
Old 10th March 2009, 21:00   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1 - Pathetic service / salesmanship

2 - Cheap interiors

3 - Basic options were 'not available for indian region'

4 - Delay in every damn thing these guys did.
that's right. the car that i looked and clicked elsewhere in the forum DID NOT even have power retractable mirrors (something which even a small car like an i20 has), cheap insides and NO electro-chronic inside mirror.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks