Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 11:20   #1501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Hi ,
Just out of curiosity .
Why do all these high-end cars have a T-board registration(particularly in Hyderabad) . Is it some kind of temporary registration ?
Or is it because if they register it T-Board they get some kind of excise duty or tax benefit on the CBU's ?
Regards
Arjun
AFAIK that TT used to belong to LEONIA Resort and now it has been sold.
Have seen it many times near MLA Colony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
+1. Well said!

About the Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4. Does anyone have a clue if this orange Gallardo is still in Hyderabad or has it gone to some other city?
Bro as i said earlier its very difficult to say whether its still in hyd or not,
Until someone else spot it. They are very rarely seen on roads during the day.
DC guy's driver told me that all Lambo's of that house are taken out only during night and many other supercar owners do the same,maybe because of the heavy traffic..

TT's and SLK's are only are the only 2 seater that are seen very often..

Last edited by syedhafeez : 16th November 2009 at 11:22.
syedhafeez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2009, 12:50   #1502
BHPian

It seems that the TT was under the EPCG scheme which was being discussed in some other thread, according to which hotel owners and travel agents can bring down cars at a duty of only 5% instead of the regular 105%, so that makes the TT cost something like 25 lakhs. A steal, ain't it?
Old 16th November 2009, 13:07   #1503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Where is Dante? I need back up here! Hehe..

But truth be told, all 911s look the same and most cars across the Porsche range have similar design elements.
Don't worry i am here.
911 do look the same and they always will. It's a Porsche thing. But i find the '09 cayman S more appealing IMHO.
And about "coxster" thing? I don't know why on earth does Jeremy clarkson doesn't like porsches!
The cayman is placed between the 911 and the boxster so he named it a "Coxster" which is rubbish IMO.
Old 16th November 2009, 13:27   #1504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
The cayman is placed between the 911 and the boxster so he named it a "Coxster" which is rubbish IMO.
No. It is because the Cayman is a boxter with a solid roof, that he called it a Coxster.
Old 16th November 2009, 13:51   #1505
BHPian

Yes that offcourse i forgot to mention.
Old 16th November 2009, 14:20   #1506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't worry i am here.
911 do look the same and they always will. It's a Porsche thing. But i find the '09 cayman S more appealing IMHO.
And about "coxster" thing? I don't know why on earth does Jeremy clarkson doesn't like porsches!
Jezza doesn't like Porsches much coz theyr'e rear engined & aren't as well balanced as mid-engined sportscars. Secondly Porsches are more of mechanical marvels than analog supercars which the driver can be in full harmony with once on road.
But above all do not forget that it's a TV show with a director & one has to abide by the script what with Hammond always cheering Porsches & Jezza calling them fast Volkswagen Beetles.
Watch the behind the scenes action to know more.

At the end of the day it's pure entertainment stuffed with some fab British humor & should essentially be taken in a lighter vein.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 16th November 2009 at 14:27.
Old 16th November 2009, 14:36   #1507
BHPian

Sorry mods for going OT in my last few posts. I hope that I have hurt none.

@ Dante : just to clear any confusion that may have creeped in, I do not hate Porsches. Some say they are understated means to show that you got power, money, etc, etc, but the thing is when you have power it shows, when you have money it shows even if you dont want to show it.
You see, there are people who drive around in an indigo or some regular car, but you still know that the person's got oomph.
But with porsches its a very different story altogether. You do not know what you want to be, a rich guy who hates flamboyance or an average bloke who wants to show off in an unique and different style which is less understood by many. Well thats how I think and no one can change my perception about that, so I'd rather not change someone else's outlook. And you have stated in your signature that a Porsche is on its way to your garage. Congrats from my heart to you on that front.
Its your take on certain things which no one can even try to change, so as I said I'm not trying. Its just that I am making my point clearly.
Old 16th November 2009, 14:37   #1508
BHPian

Offcourse jayabusa i enjoy the show and like the humor behind it. And i don't have any problem with jeremy, or anyone who doesn't like Porsches, all are entitled to their opinions!

EDIT: No offence preetam, thats what i said, i am not here to change anyone's perception and i don't want to.
And thank you.

Last edited by Dante : 16th November 2009 at 14:39.
Old 16th November 2009, 16:27   #1509
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Don't worry i am here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Jezza doesn't like Porsches much coz theyr'e rear engined & aren't as well balanced as mid-engined sportscars. Secondly Porsches are more of mechanical marvels than analog supercars which the driver can be in full harmony with once on road.
But above all do not forget that it's a TV show with a director & one has to abide by the script what with Hammond always cheering Porsches & Jezza calling them fast Volkswagen Beetles.
Watch the behind the scenes action to know more.

At the end of the day it's pure entertainment stuffed with some fab British humor & should essentially be taken in a lighter vein.
Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
Sorry mods for going OT in my last few posts. I hope that I have hurt none.

@ Dante : just to clear any confusion that may have creeped in, I do not hate Porsches. Some say they are understated means to show that you got power, money, etc, etc, but the thing is when you have power it shows, when you have money it shows even if you dont want to show it.
You see, there are people who drive around in an indigo or some regular car, but you still know that the person's got oomph.
But with porsches its a very different story altogether. You do not know what you want to be, a rich guy who hates flamboyance or an average bloke who wants to show off in an unique and different style which is less understood by many. Well thats how I think and no one can change my perception about that, so I'd rather not change someone else's outlook. And you have stated in your signature that a Porsche is on its way to your garage. Congrats from my heart to you on that front.
Its your take on certain things which no one can even try to change, so as I said I'm not trying. Its just that I am making my point clearly.
Quote:
Offcourse jayabusa i enjoy the show and like the humor behind it. And i don't have any problem with jeremy, or anyone who doesn't like Porsches, all are entitled to their opinions!

EDIT: No offence preetam, thats what i said, i am not here to change anyone's perception and i don't want to.
And thank you.
Everyone has a valid point and everyone is right in one way or another. At the end of the day, Top Gear is an entertainment program and the comments made by Jezza shouldn't be taken to heart! He can get quite obnoxious sometimes (His comments on countries and so on..) In fact, he described the 997 GT2 as 'A squashed Volkswagen Beetle with a wing on the back' and he might be right! But that's his perception.

Anyway let's leave it at that. We're going OT like anything! I'm a hard core Porschephile and yes some comments do prick, but at the end of the day I do realize that everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion and I respect that! It's amazing to see the variety in taste I must say

Hyderabad boys, could we see some more exotics please?
Old 16th November 2009, 17:42   #1510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
Bro as i said earlier its very difficult to say whether its still in hyd or not,
Until someone else spot it
My friends spotted it about a month back near NIFT at around 11:30 PM.
Old 18th November 2009, 10:37   #1511
BHPian

Quote:
AFAIK that TT used to belong to LEONIA Resort and now it has been sold.
Have seen it many times near MLA Colony.

and now LEONIA resort owns the A4,A6,A8 and Q7
Old 20th November 2009, 19:47   #1512
BHPian

Saw these cars today... White BMW X6 , Maroon Mercedes CLS , White Bentley CFS , 2 x 7 series , Jeep Wrangler.
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:36   #1513
BHPian

Quote:
Saw these cars today... White BMW X6 , Maroon Mercedes CLS , White Bentley CFS , 2 x 7 series , Jeep Wrangler.
Was the Jeep Wrangler LHD or RHD ?
Old 25th November 2009, 22:46   #1514
BHPian

Didn't observe that , but it had blue number plates ( ICRISAT? )
syedhafeez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2009, 15:32   #1515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Audi TT which had a taxi registration
Taxi reg. ? Are you sure ? or was it some Temp. Registration stuff. Wonder why would any one personally import a TT under EPCG scheme when it is officially available in the Country, I dont think there will be much of a Price Advantage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks