Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2009, 13:29   #76
BHPian

I used to regularly spot a red MR2 parked at koramangla ST bed area close to vas tranquil appartments so very often.
Old 16th March 2009, 18:37   #77
BHPian

my mr2

This is my MR2 mk II -of 1993 (rev2), IMported directly from Japan (still has a parking permit sticker on) - has been through a complete restoration and substantial upgrade - a pure labour of love - its close to mint now - ready for the next stage of power upgrade.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics : Toyota MR-2 spotted-.jpg  

Pics : Toyota MR-2 spotted-b.jpg  

Pics : Toyota MR-2 spotted-c.jpg  

Pics : Toyota MR-2 spotted-d.jpg  

Pics : Toyota MR-2 spotted-e.jpg  

Pics : Toyota MR-2 spotted-f.jpg  

salty dog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2009, 19:03   #78
BHPian

by the way

hey by the way - its the same car that started this thread when someone spotted it at bandstand, bandra - sorry for te second post - but just realised it!
Old 17th March 2009, 01:06   #79
BHPian

@salty dog: thats one hot mr2!great job at the restoration!put up a video of its exhaust note! directly from japan eh?that must have been expensive!but worth it!
Old 17th March 2009, 12:31   #80
tercelpower

nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post

Spotted this MR-2 at Bandstand after the Moto-XTreme event. The car was very well maintained. Wonder why the owner didnt take part in the event. The car wouldnt have looked out of place. Car had some real nice alloys.
this is owned by a good friend of mine he used to hva white tuned accent bak in da dayss......he even has a toureg

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (hva = have, dat = that, etc), and please take the time to re-read your post for typos before submitting.

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th March 2009 at 22:40. Reason: Please see note in post.
  Received Infraction
Old 17th March 2009, 14:26   #81
BHPian

hey buddy

Hey buddy you're confused. Thats my car - the same one I posted a few posts ago - before the new Kaminari wing, new rims and a re paint - and loads of stuff inside.

And I've owned this car since 2005.

(compare the steering wheel pictures!
Old 17th March 2009, 15:11   #82

Salty, Do you live near Almeida Park? I have see nthis car parked there on several ocassions.
Old 17th March 2009, 16:21   #83
BHPian

nope

Nope cyrus - wouldn't be this car - but would love to see the one you mention. I live on st pauls - and the car is never parked anywhere else - and rarely driven.
Old 5th April 2009, 10:53   #84

i took my MR2 for a pep onto the greater noida exprsway on the day it was holi as its totally traffic free.i touched 235 kmph and the car felt safe even at those high speeds.while on my way back i took a road that climbs up onto a flyover.this road is in the shape of a very wide lefthand bend that is sloping up at the same time.i couldnt see a single vehicle on the bend and went in at about 9o kmph and shifted into 3rd gear.as i was turning the rear of the car started to break away and i found myself powersliding up the gradient.i applied corrective lock and the car continued to slide right till the end of the turn.i was amazed at the MR2's handling and the fact that i could retrieve it from a situation that would have meant certain loss of control had i been in any other car.my car is a rev3 n/a with a power rating of 173bhp.sadly it is not a turbo as that would have meant even more fun!
Old 6th April 2009, 11:48   #85
BHPian

what year? - send us pictures.
Old 6th April 2009, 22:05   #86

yeah buds,its a 1994 rev3 an i'll post the pictures tmorow .and by the way if any of you guys wanna know the part numbers for this car there are two sites namely;AYRPARK.PLUS.COM and the other one is TOYODIY.COM.the repair manual for the car is also posted on MR2TECH.COM so that everybody here can save their cars from getting rogered by the indian mechanic.
Old 7th April 2009, 13:35   #87
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Immaculate MR2 there, Salty Dog. Your pics made my day. Great choice of wheels, and the after-market exhaust looks imposing as well.

Is she running a factory turbo or after-market?
Old 7th April 2009, 13:46   #88
Senior - BHPian

WOW!!! that one lovely looking car,very well maintained
Old 7th April 2009, 16:21   #89
BHPian

saltydog, you a super taste in Jap cars as well, in addition to your porker.The Mr2 is in fantastic shape..love the alloys.
Old 7th April 2009, 16:37   #90

mr2

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 7th April 2009 at 18:46.
mclaren6162 is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks