Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2010, 13:57   #61
BANNED

@1day- what I meant by saying that the gtr was faster than a m3 meant that it can accelerate faster than that in acceleration and price wise in India a person who guys the M3 would consider a GTR as it is costs the same .
The gtr gets compared even to the Lexus lfa on YouTube or the veyron in acceleration it's not in the veyrons or the lfa league either .
Old 20th October 2010, 18:24   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
P800ish is probably the most perfect pkg, fast enough to ruin most anything and could be slowed to take it on the road course where the car is meant to be.

Dont get me wrong, I am a proponent of having high HP cars, but there is a limit to usable power?
Well its all about the bragging rights 1Day. Only a miniscule % of supercar owners track them or even know the concept of traction or hooking up.
Old 20th October 2010, 20:58   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Well its all about the bragging rights 1Day. Only a miniscule % of supercar owners track them or even know the concept of traction or hooking up.
its not about bragging rights. i already have a car that has around 700 wheel hp abroad and with a limited slip and a 4.10 gear and no traction control and it does fine in all aspects.

cars are a bit like food. other people don't like sushi, some people do. matter of fact its like in every dish, not everybody likes 1 dish. so its not about other peoples taste buds in your mouth.

for some people its not about a lot of traction, for example some people like to drift. some cars are even built for who can wheel spin the longest.

for me, a 100HP car is not about bragging, its about the build. how? who? where? time? trouble? technology? looks? etc etc etc...

and about taking your car on a track - i have over a 100 hours, including rally, off road, actual track racing like drifting racing etc

so i think its all about personal choice. like i still prefer my 68KR to any M3... its about "YOU" nothing else.
Old 20th October 2010, 21:25   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideman View Post
i have over a 100 hours, including rally, off road, actual track racing like drifting racing etc
No worries mate. I guess you are a part of that miniscule % club along with 1Day.
Old 20th October 2010, 22:11   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ 1Day i wasn't talking about the M3 being 1000 bhp. I just said you can talk about it there.
plus, i prefer manual cars so in my opinion its not superior, its about personal opinion.
so if your still willing to discuss it there then you can.
I wasnt specifically talking about your build dude. I was making a general general comment about the M3.

Quote:
@ 1day - cause of this post - M3 is not in the same league as the GT-R anyways, regardless of the mods and I am not talking about prestige here.

i think you need to do research of how a naturally aspirated v8 of only 4ltrs can rev that high... i think the gtr is a great car, but its personal opinion, i dont go around dissing other cars do i?
Seriously I dont, like you mention in a later post, I do race as well and I have seen completely track prep'd M3s and drag setup M3s, there is just no comparison. Dont get me wrong, M3 use to be an awesome car at one point in time, but now, its just lost esp at its price point. You do like manual which makes a huge difference in your decision which I agree, but car for car, there seriously is no comparison stock or modded. I dont see M3s winning OneLapofAm and other TTs. Its not that people with M3 dont have the money to drop on them.

I am not dissing an M3 but just stating the reality which a lot of brand loyalists dont accept and I for one am not a brand loyalist to either GT-R or Nissan.

I am a true car guy and I experience car most of the time to pass my judgement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
@1day- what I meant by saying that the gtr was faster than a m3 meant that it can accelerate faster than that in acceleration and price wise in India a person who guys the M3 would consider a GTR as it is costs the same .
The gtr gets compared even to the Lexus lfa on YouTube or the veyron in acceleration it's not in the veyrons or the lfa league either .
Well those are mag testing and I have stopped reading that a long time ago, I wouldnt put a stock GT-R in the same league as either of the 2 cars you listed, if its modded then thats a different case. Well a lot of the guys on my forum dont accept how awesome the Z06 is but I know a well preped and driven GT-R will easily hang with the GT-R similarly prep'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
True that.

Quote:
its not about bragging rights. i already have a car that has around 700 wheel hp abroad and with a limited slip and a 4.10 gear and no traction control and it does fine in all aspects.

cars are a bit like food. other people don't like sushi, some people do. matter of fact its like in every dish, not everybody likes 1 dish. so its not about other peoples taste buds in your mouth.

for some people its not about a lot of traction, for example some people like to drift. some cars are even built for who can wheel spin the longest.

for me, a 100HP car is not about bragging, its about the build. how? who? where? time? trouble? technology? looks? etc etc etc...

and about taking your car on a track - i have over a 100 hours, including rally, off road, actual track racing like drifting racing etc

so i think its all about personal choice. like i still prefer my 68KR to any M3... its about "YOU" nothing else.
True, I totaly agree, but if thats the way it worked we wouldnt have car magazines, most of which I do not read myself as the winnings goto whoever has the max advert budget that month.

Anyhow, I am not dissing the 1000 bhp build. if you can go for it and if you think you can use it, even more power to you.

But my statement still stands that as a car platform the M3 isnt in the same league and I am only talking about the overall balance of the GT-R's platform as a performance car.

BTW I gotta say your mustang is uber sweet. Love it. BTW can you share your motorsports experience if possible.

Last edited by 1Day : 20th October 2010 at 22:13.
Old 20th October 2010, 23:05   #66
BANNED

i agree the M3 is not the same league as a GTR in the case of tuning and mods because i think that the GTR's , silivia's and other jap cars are in some way made to be mod friendly . M3's are made with a image in mind of that it has to be a good track and daily driver. The GTR on the other hand you can accept it or not but in the back of the head of the person designing it and making the car possible was that tuning side which compelled him to make it soo mod friendly .
The debate is endless i know theres no comparing the two cars ( M3 and GTR) as both were made to be something totally apart and not at all related to each other . The GTR is very track focused and was made to kill the 911 trubo and thus termed super killer because that is the image of that car . Whenever any one mentions GTR you just think big turbos massive power and tuned to the limits .
You mention M3 you just think daily driver , good performance , maybe take it to the track .
Old 21st October 2010, 00:24   #67
Senior - BHPian

Small correction:
preped and driven GT-R will easily hang with the GT-R similarly prep'd.

I meant

preped and driven Z06 will easily hang with the GT-R similarly prep'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
i agree the M3 is not the same league as a GTR in the case of tuning and mods because i think that the GTR's , silivia's and other jap cars are in some way made to be mod friendly . M3's are made with a image in mind of that it has to be a good track and daily driver. The GTR on the other hand you can accept it or not but in the back of the head of the person designing it and making the car possible was that tuning side which compelled him to make it soo mod friendly .
The debate is endless i know theres no comparing the two cars ( M3 and GTR) as both were made to be something totally apart and not at all related to each other . The GTR is very track focused and was made to kill the 911 trubo and thus termed super killer because that is the image of that car . Whenever any one mentions GTR you just think big turbos massive power and tuned to the limits .
You mention M3 you just think daily driver , good performance , maybe take it to the track .
Agreed.
Old 1st November 2010, 14:33   #68
DNS
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd November 2010 at 10:38.
DNS is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks