Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2015, 18:02   #91
BHPian

Re: A Guide to Owning a Harley-Davidson in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
I still don't understand why would getting VnH at the dealers would void warranty. I know they do make us all sign an indemnity form saying warranty void. But they do support and fix within warranty scope as long as you haven't done anything extra outside.
Hello Shubz,

As posted earlier, the dealer has mentioned that getting VnH installed would void the "mechanical warranty" (as per the Delhi dealership). To a layman like me, it does not make much sense.

On another note, do you have any ideas on what to do with my stock exhausts as I got SE installed? They are just lying there and being a waste of space. Can I trade those in somewhere?
Old 16th March 2015, 15:06   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDesertRat View Post
Hello Shubz,

As posted earlier, the dealer has mentioned that getting VnH installed would void the "mechanical warranty" (as per the Delhi dealership). To a layman like me, it does not make much sense.

On another note, do you have any ideas on what to do with my stock exhausts as I got SE installed? They are just lying there and being a waste of space. Can I trade those in somewhere?
Yeah I know they do say that and I did sign the disclaimer as well. But I have had stuff replaced under warranty like the MAP sensor, CKP sensor etc. My point is - They get the product, They install it and They void the warranty - How logical is that? I'd totally understand if we were to do something on our own somewhere and then come crying if things went wrong.

Regarding your stock exhausts, the best you could do is store them safely. There are no takers for stock exhaust. But when you want to sell your bike, you could put the stock pipes back on and sell the upgrades individually. (cumbersome)

Cheers

#LLB
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 16:24   #93
BANNED

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a used Harley Superlow in Chennai. Any guidance/help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Venky.
Old 5th December 2015, 07:58   #94

I am looking for a used Iron 883 in Pune...Any suggestions please!
Old 7th December 2015, 11:32   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saranhere View Post
I am looking for a used Iron 883 in Pune...Any suggestions please!
There are some FB pages called Buy & Sell Harley Davidson. Try that than here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hdacc/

see if you can access the link.
Old 31st January 2016, 12:24   #96
BHPian

hi, I just wanted to know, how can I charge my HD 48 2015 battery? the battery discharged because the bike was sitting idle for sometime. The nearest service center is 50km away. Should I go for a battery tender (kindly suggest which one) or is there any other way.

Thanks in advance
Old 31st January 2016, 13:27   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Should I go for a battery tender (kindly suggest which one) or is there any other way
You should invest in a Harley charger , they will connect leads permanently to battery and you can easily plug charger when you are away for longish time , its priced reasonably at around 5000 . If your battery is discharged completely , dealership can send their roadside assistance help if you have enrolled on FOC basis else they will charge Rs 1000 or so , alternatively you can take out the battery and get it recharged , its simple DIY -

Old 1st February 2016, 17:42   #98
BHPian

Thanks Turbanator, I had a word with the Harley guys, so they have 2 types of tenders/chargers. First being the tender which charges the battery in 8-10 hours (goes for 4k), second being the charger which takes max 2 hours to charge (goes for 12k).

I am thinking of getting the tender or the 1st one, no rush to charge the bike in 2hours.

If there is any other, kindly suggest or shed some more light on the choice I am making.

Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 12:41   #99
Senior - BHPian

Didn't find a more appropriate thread, so posting here.
What would be a ballpark figure for tax to be paid in Bangalore for a Kerala registered 2 year old Iron 883 and also change registration.
Old 5th September 2016, 14:23   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Didn't find a more appropriate thread, so posting here.
What would be a ballpark figure for tax to be paid in Bangalore for a Kerala registered 2 year old Iron 883 and also change registration.
87% of 10% of the vehicle cost for more than 2 year old, or 93% for less than 2 years

Got this information from the rto website
udainxs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2017, 16:15   #101
Senior - BHPian

I was just comparing pricing of India vs USA harley bikes and one interesting point to notice is that dyna street bob and fatbob, street 750, sportster roadster are priced almost same whereas there is a good difference between the softail fatboy model. USA model is fairly cheaper. Any clue? I believe fatboy is also a CBU model like others except street 750 which is assembled locally.

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 1st January 2017 at 16:19.
Old 1st January 2017, 18:25   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
.............. I believe fatboy is also a CBU model like others except street 750 which is assembled locally.
All bikes upto the Softail line are assembled in India. Including the Fatboy. A simple way to spot one is the sari guard which is present in all bikes assembled in India.
Old 1st January 2017, 18:59   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
All bikes upto the Softail line are assembled in India. Including the Fatboy. A simple way to spot one is the sari guard which is present in all bikes assembled in India.
The only indian make harley is street 750 and hence the saree guard. IMHO none of the other Harley motorcycles have saree guard.

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 1st January 2017 at 19:24.
Old 1st January 2017, 19:28   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I could not find a saree guard in fatboy but yes it is a CBU unit and assembled in india but the high cost of fatboy is beyond my understanding.
Here is the sari guard in the indian assembled fatboy.
The fatboy is NOT a CBU.
It comes in as a CKD unit and is assembled in their plant in India.

All Harleys in India upto the Softail Series have Sari Guards. Please visit a store and check. Online photos won't have them as they are supposed to be marketing photos mostly taken by the company in USA

* Pic taken from-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...n-fat-boy.html

Last edited by navpreet318 : 1st January 2017 at 19:36.
Old 2nd January 2017, 10:23   #105
BHPian

Quote:
The only indian make harley is street 750 and hence the saree guard. IMHO none of the other Harley motorcycles have saree guard.
As pointed above, all Harley's (and all other bikes) which are assembled in India must come with a saree guard.

When you pick up the bike from the HD dealership, you need to sign a form stating that you have asked the dealer to remove it, if you want it taken off.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks