Team-BHP - Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/148995-harley-street-750-test-ride-handling-exhaust-note-more-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by see India (Post 3406806)
Oreen before Shubz replies let me warn you. Yes Shubz does have a thread on Iron and a detailed one but don't go there else you'll end up buying an Iron like me. 😃. I went through the exact same steps as yours and now getting my delivery of Iron the coming week.

I hope there is no "Buyers remorse" now. The one's that have fallen for this have not had this so far (despite ALL the shortcomings like bad suspension, bad brakes, bad engine etc highlighted). :)

Shubz, Now you are scaring me. I know about the suspension but I can't recollect reading anywhere about bad brakes and bad engine. I've been eagerly waiting for the bike but it looks like Capital Harley in Delhi is not acting straight. When booked I was told that the bike is available but now they are singing a completely different song. The delivery could take anywhere from 1 month to 3 months now. Harley's complete focus right now is on production of 750 and all other bikes have been pushed back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by r_nairtvm (Post 3407535)
Doc,

Oreen was trying to do a "Mobike008" ? Don't discourage him. You remember, all the day dreaming and showing the bike to "better half" etc resulted, in Mobike's case, in a gift of the Bonney from the BH.

Oreen keep trying. You might get Luckystupid:

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Must be the age factor and number of years in (the marriage).

In my case it was a week on the living room couch with the TV all to myself (and the fridge close by .....)

Or must be Avi's innate charm. :thumbs up

Either way.

One NEVER buys a bike a woman thinks is nice.

Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more-pink_harley_davidson1.jpg

NEVER.

Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more-pink_harley_d.jpg

All caps .....

Quote:

Originally Posted by r_nairtvm (Post 3407535)
Oreen was trying to do a "Mobike008" ? Don't discourage him. You remember, all the day dreaming and showing the bike to "better half" etc resulted, in Mobike's case, in a gift of the Bonney from the BH.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebonho (Post 3407795)
Or must be Avi's innate charm.

LOL Guys. In my case, all decisions and implementations are done by me. In case for the Bonnie, I selected the bike and wifey paid up for it

What a timely and apt comment by Doc, We are buying another house and wifey is selecting and iam paying for it

Never knew buying a bonnie will hit my pocket so hard:uncontrol

Anyways, I think we are going offtopic on this thread. So lets all please stick to discussion related to Street 750:)

Off topic yes but I'm tempted to reply about how I put together a prezi (Will not be shared) to convince wifey to let me buy the Street 750 with my own money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by see India (Post 3407743)
Shubz, Now you are scaring me. I know about the suspension but I can't recollect reading anywhere about bad brakes and bad engine. I've been eagerly waiting for the bike but it looks like Capital Harley in Delhi is not acting straight. When booked I was told that the bike is available but now they are singing a completely different song. The delivery could take anywhere from 1 month to 3 months now. Harley's complete focus right now is on production of 750 and all other bikes have been pushed back.

Dont be frazzled please. Nothing is wrong with the bike. yes the suspension is a bit hard but nothing else is bad about the Iron. :) I was just pulling legs here.

And regarding delivery, they will go by standard timeline of 1-3 months. But believe me you wouldn't have to wait up for that long. Quite understand that the 750 is the focus right now - doesn't mean they'd stop assembling/delivering other models.

hahaha, doc, I totally agree with you, but this is a woman who has been riding with me since 2000, and she is the one who said discard the Splendor for a Bullet. She instinctively had asked me not to buy a Lightning 535 and go for the Machismo 350 instead, a decision I didn't regret. When I asked her why, she said it looks too yuppie (ape-hanger handlebar, etc.). She also encouraged our son Aaron to do long-distance rides since he was 4-years old. We three rode a lot till he was about 6 (including one 1800 km trip all over Himachal in 2008), after which we couldn't ride together any longer. Now that the son is 12, our riding days can start again, and hence the lookout for a new ride. A 2008 Thunderbird, a 2001 Machismo, and a 2003 Bolero are up for sale.

I guess I needed to show her the Harley, what do you think? :-)
We are open about the Ninja 650, the upcoming Honda CB 500x, or at least a carburetted bullet 500. No rush, but a growing excitement that says "get it before RM 15 in Chandigarh".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oreen (Post 3408973)
hahaha, doc, I totally agree with you, but this is a woman who has been riding with me since 2000, and she is the one who said discard the Splendor for a Bullet. She instinctively had asked me not to buy a Lightning 535 and go for the Machismo 350 instead, a decision I didn't regret. When I asked her why, she said it looks too yuppie (ape-hanger handlebar, etc.). She also encouraged our son Aaron to do long-distance rides since he was 4-years old. We three rode a lot till he was about 6 (including one 1800 km trip all over Himachal in 2008), after which we couldn't ride together any longer. Now that the son is 12, our riding days can start again, and hence the lookout for a new ride. A 2008 Thunderbird, a 2001 Machismo, and a 2003 Bolero are up for sale.

I guess I needed to show her the Harley, what do you think? :-)
We are open about the Ninja 650, the upcoming Honda CB 500x, or at least a carburetted bullet 500. No rush, but a growing excitement that says "get it before RM 15 in Chandigarh".

My apologies to your missus. She's a hardcore biker (like some I know here - all honorary highly respected and tenured members of the riding fraternity). When you ride a lot together, you realise from the regular pillions that it's something that also takes a lot of skill, experience, endurance, and anticipation/balance. A good pillion can make life really cool for a biker. A bad pillion can equally make his ride hell within the first 50kms.

I think show here the Ninja 650 and the Harley 750. But for both, for her to be really comfortable long distance, you'll have to figure out some jugaad for proper backrest/backstop. Because both have a pretty wicked kick when you twist the throttle, and without a backstop, she'll never be able to relax and will need to constantly hang on to you. Nice and romantic for some time. Definitely not over 500 kms.

One quick question - General one

It has been mentioned that the 750 can do a top whack of 180.

Come to think of it - The speedo has 180 as Max in the reading. Can it go all the distance?

In general - we see speedo's marked 220/240/300 etc - given a straight road of tones of miles, zero traffic, smooth roads - can these vehicles max out the speedo?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 3409251)
One quick question - General one

While I think we should refrain talking about top speeds in general considering rules of our forum

But, being a legible question, I thought of sharing my 2 cents.

Any car and bike can reach the top most number mentioned in an odometer and iam speaking from personal experience and there are quite a few videos on internet that proves the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 3409264)
While I think we should refrain talking about top speeds in general considering rules of our forum

But, being a legible question, I thought of sharing my 2 cents.

Any car and bike can reach the top most number mentioned in an odometer and iam speaking from personal experience and there are quite a few videos on internet that proves the same.

I understand Avi. Thats why I was careful about claiming top speeds done by me or anyone here.

That was just a technical question and I seriously thought the max is just the max and no vehicle worth its salt can go that distance.

thanks for clarifying.

Finally got my long due test ride this weekend, will post a detailed review soon...

Saw the movie Captain America 2.
Cap was riding the Street 750 :). The bike looked nice in the movie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by degenr8 (Post 3409428)
Saw the movie Captain America 2.
Cap was riding the Street 750 :). The bike looked nice in the movie.

that is an iron 883 camouflaged to appear like an street. The matte black crank casing is a massive give away , also in one shot from behind - the movie bike has the belt drive on right side while street belt drive is on left side.

On the topic of top speed , I read somewhere the bike is electronically limited to 160kph or 100mph . That will perhaps explain the max value of 180 displayed , but speed alone is not everything , the rate of acceleration matters as well and one can be sacrificed for the other depending on gear ratios/sprocket ratio .

^^
Yes, that's a Iron. The Street was not production ready so they camouflaged a Iron to look like it and added its 'puny' soundtrack too later on. It has a 5 second 'marketing' role in the movie. I would reiterate, this ain't a real Harley...