Team-BHP - Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/148995-harley-street-750-test-ride-handling-exhaust-note-more-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oreen (Post 3403098)
the backrest (and I know I will be butchered for saying this) can be nicely customized for a lot lesser. Pick up an Avenger backrest, and get the mounts fabricated, and you have something better engineered than what the original Harley backrest cum carrier is. It is spindly (from the pics), and the Avenger one should do the trick. (If we can put Fazer windscreens on the KTM 390, why not this?) On long trips you can always say it is a customized Avenger and keep unwanted people from coming near the bike. For me, it is about riding and carrying luggage, and not about drawing unnecessary attention. Simply don't have that extra cash to give to HD for all these parts. The leg guard is a whopping 15K. It is a normal one, and can be made locally too for a much lesser price.

am sure, like the Enfields, this Harley will see a lot of people making use of aftermarket products made by our local fabrication guys. In Bangalore, we have something called the Muneer carrier for the bullet, which looks somewhat like this:
http://www.kjm.net/ubadmin/ad_img/vehicle43055_1.jpg

I would much rather have something like that fabricated when I buy the Harley.

Are you sure HD will not claim that warranty terms of contract have been violated by the customer hence they won't honor it?

I know I sound asinine - how can a backrest affect the warranty - but hey you never know: HD mints maximum money by milking its customers, they wouldn't like to lose such business!

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha1 (Post 3403806)
Are you sure HD will not claim that warranty terms of contract have been violated by the customer hence they won't honor it?

I know I sound asinine - how can a backrest affect the warranty - but hey you never know: HD mints maximum money by milking its customers, they wouldn't like to lose such business!

No sir. No warranty void for getting stuff like back-rest/ engine guard fabricated and fixed.

Technically I believe its only the frame, engine, suspension, some electricals and gear train are under warranty besides Non-consumables like tank/Fender etc.

So while getting any of these (engine guard/backrest) fixed, if you damage any of the above, you don't stand a chance at warranty.

You are right in saying HD mints money on parts & accessories and dkaile mentioned, they are of awesome quality though, even though they are overpriced.

Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more-imageuploadedbyteambhp1396424891.806879.jpgHarley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more-imageuploadedbyteambhp1396424907.041266.jpgHarley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more-imageuploadedbyteambhp1396424919.790073.jpg

Accessories for Street 750.

Not sure if I remember this right (will confirm) but when a friend was booking his Iron, he wanted a different exhaust. Even though HD was going to replace it, they would not uphold the warranty. I found that ridiculous too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrena (Post 3404171)
Not sure if I remember this right (will confirm) but when a friend was booking his Iron, he wanted a different exhaust. Even though HD was going to replace it, they would not uphold the warranty. I found that ridiculous too.

It is what it is! Ridiculous I know! They'd do the Vance & Hines but wouldn't cover it under warranty.

The only caveat here being - they will help if (god forbid) one were to run into issues. I have also heard - if you are in good terms with the dealer -- etc etc -- i don't want to complete this line. :)

If you were to buy the VnH yourself from the non-approved source, then they wouldn't even fit it for you.

Tbhpians, anybody here who had booked street 750? My observation off late across all the reviews so far...They are all exactly the same :

All praise the engine responsiveness
Eagerness to zoom ahead
Good handling
Good paint job
Nice design that compliments we'll into HD line
Not so good brakes

What surprised me is that all reviewers are talking as if HD did a Godly thing by brining Street750 at this price and as value for money.

Noted none specifically spent any time on fit and finish, While few have mentioned it as a passing note that HD would address some of those eventually in final deliveries or later .

I wonder, if HD is spending money on soft media push rather focusing on packing those open veins, and fracture like wields ( which I suppose they may be)

The point to be noted is that reviews appearing across from US, Spain and few other countries too show the same packaging and finish aspects.

I am keen why all quote that HD is showcasing a pre production bike, if so I would expect it much better with all bells and whistles rather, a unfinished way that we are getting to experience in TD's so far.

One point, stands out common is the performance of 750 which is a sure winner. So keen to know is it a value for the money or the money for some value only...

Harley Davidson Street 750 | Comprehensive Review…: http://youtu.be/dzkOhVqHgNg

Performance winner and not tied down by its own history, rather would make a new one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vcx (Post 3405387)
One point, stands out common is the performance of 750 which is a sure winner. So keen to know is it a value for the money or the money for some value only...

Quote:

Originally Posted by vcx (Post 3406417)
Performance winner and not tied down by its own history, rather would make a new one!

Performance is above all other characteristics in any machine - car, bike, or industrial and farm machinery.

Reliability and running costs comes next.

Last (lumped all together in a heap) are the aesthetics and peripherals (fatherhood, brotherhood, sisterhood, and other assorted hoods included ....).

Without the top 3 the machine is a pretty looking (and very expensive)paper weight.

And the amount of effort, time, and money needed to achieve the top 3 is way way more than any of the aesthetic/peripherals.

You can throw man and money and time at a machine and make it gleaming and spick and span with all untidy bits tucked away out of sight (read: wires).

You can throw way huger amounts of time and effort and man/brains and money at the same machine and sometimes NEVER achieve either of the top 3.

That is why with multi billion dollar budgets some Formula 1 teams win, while the rest are also rans.

The same happens in commercial production vehicles. One does not need to be a genius to know which marques I am hinting at.

So when a marque like Harley makes a performance machine, it is something that should make everyone sit up and take notice.

Because they have done the really difficult part.

The paint and wires and gleaming chrome will take max a month to iron out. And/or maybe a lac extra in customisation tax.

Hope that puts this discussion into perspective.

Fully agree ebonho, yes this discussion would get its full perspective hopefully with a of real owner of Street 750..soon who could also get to share more insights that goes into knowing this new piece of engineering and Let's agree that too!

Happy Riding all!

went back to Tusker Harley with wifey and son in tow. While son was busy taking pics of the Electra Glide, wifey and I sat on the Street 750 together. She said she wants to take a call after there's a backrest fitted. Bangalore dealer doesn't yet have the accessories.

While coming out, she saw two Irons (orange and blue) parked outside and commented on the seat, backrest, orange paint, and how she likes the way Harley-Davidson is written on the tank, etc. Although I tried telling her about the advantages of the Street: Belt drive, more ground clearance, more suspension play, liquid cooled, faster, etc. these points were not really going to her head. But then she did like the Street a lot, especially the red.

I also heard the exhaust, and it sounds good to me. It will be amazing with some aftermarket exhausts. But yes, I have to accept that looking at the Street alongside all the other models, you sure get tempted to pick up a real Harley, at least the Iron. The other bikes sure appeal more to the heart. But am firmly trying to keep my head straight for many reasons, the foremost being money or the lack of it. :-S

Shubz, I didn't know you had picked up a Harley. The last I saw you was on that KTM 200 thread. What are your impressions on the Iron? Do you have any posts/reviews on any other thread?

Oreen before Shubz replies let me warn you. Yes Shubz does have a thread on Iron and a detailed one but don't go there else you'll end up buying an Iron like me. 😃. I went through the exact same steps as yours and now getting my delivery of Iron the coming week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oreen (Post 3406775)

Shubz, I didn't know you had picked up a Harley. The last I saw you was on that KTM 200 thread. What are your impressions on the Iron? Do you have any posts/reviews on any other thread?

when did you visit Tusker? I go there often. (not for any issues, but friends keep lusting after some parts/apparel etc and we just gang up there and hang out)

Here is my thread on this very forum. I Just got Harley'd

Let me know if you need any help from Tusker perspective or from the bike perspective.

Thanks.

Oreen, one listens only to the wife when buying a house.

One NEVER listens to the wife when buying a bike.

Hope that clarifies.

NEVER. All caps ......

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebonho (Post 3407481)
Oreen, one listens only to the wife when buying a house.

One NEVER listens to the wife when buying a bike.

Hope that clarifies.

NEVER. All caps ......

Doc,

Oreen was trying to do a "Mobike008" ? Don't discourage him. You remember, all the day dreaming and showing the bike to "better half" etc resulted, in Mobike's case, in a gift of the Bonney from the BH.

Oreen keep trying. You might get Luckystupid:

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram