Team-BHP - Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/148995-harley-street-750-test-ride-handling-exhaust-note-more-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudhakarg (Post 3399866)
My requirements

I think you should shortlist the Ninja 650 (5.75 lakhs OTR) and Triumph Bonneville ( 7.10 Lakhs OTR since you said you dont mind stretching a lakh more) as these would be comfortable for pleasure rides and will also suit touring needs and can be easily used inside city as well.

Ride both bikes and decide which one suits you better:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 3400016)
Triumph Bonneville ( 7.10 Lakhs OTR since you said you dont mind stretching a lakh more)

That's 2.6 lacs more than the Harley 750 bro.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad (Post 3399988)
Happy hunting n congos on your street booking. I'm sure you ll be a happier soul no matter which way you swing bud. Cheers!

Thanks!
I guess its a toss up between a 650 Ninja and HD 750 . Unless of course the Hondas/Duke announce and launch something interesting in next few months .

I am eagerly awaiting to have a look at Triumph Bonneville in flesh , but I am not sure if I should stretch the budget all the way up. Apparently Mumbai is getting a Triumph showroom by April 15th

Quote:

Originally Posted by r_nairtvm (Post 3398323)
Note the uncanny resemblence !!! BritishBanger pointed it out and was vehement that the engine on HD750 drew its inspiration from Ascot, specially in the engine, exhaust areas

Other than the fact that they are both V twins, I don't see much at all. The Ascot is not even a cruiser (standard naked) and is from a different era ....styling wise.

The Street is closely modeled after the Honda Shadow & Star Bolt IMO which are top sellers in Harleys' home market

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudhakarg (Post 3400168)
Thanks!
I guess its a toss up between a 650 Ninja and HD 750 . Unless of course the Hondas/Duke announce and launch something interesting in next few months

Again; Sir doc can comment on what the KTM top dogs are cooking (vis a vis 690).

I think we can expect the Honda CBR twins (500R and 600 F) to be launched (per rumor mill) sometime within this fiscal. And if hear say is to be believed; the 500R should not cost more than the Street. Actually; this was a big dilemma when I was contemplating whether or not to buy the 390.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudhakarg (Post 3399866)
My requirements
1. Price range of Street 750 (alright... may be plus one lac more :) )
2. Highway munching abilities,very less city usage , purely leisure
3. Street creds . I dont forsee myself hitting the track anytime in the future
4. Heritage, tradition may not be the factor in making decision ( read as jap bikes can be in consideration set)

I see Ninja 650 written all over this.

For street cred, you need a bike with superbike style fairing. Most Harley guys complain that they get asked if its a modified bullet.

Highway use, I say a good windscreen is really important to reduce fatigue. Ninja again

A walkaround video of the Street 750 by Sirish Chandran and Abhay Verma for EVO India Magazine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKSuLeiGr7U

Took a test ride today. Didn't enjoy it at all, booked iron instead. Delivery next week since all the colors are in stock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by see India (Post 3400808)
Took a test ride today. Didn't enjoy it at all, booked iron instead. Delivery next week since all the colors are in stock.

Smart choice! Welcome to the Harley fold! :) You will not regret this decision. What color have you opted for? (The new Sand Cammo denim looks stunning)

Thanks Shubz. You are largely responsible for this decision. Read all your posts multiple times. And yes I'm going for that color only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by see India (Post 3400822)
Thanks Shubz. You are largely responsible for this decision. Read all your posts multiple times. And yes I'm going for that color only.

Am glad to to have helped influence your decision in a way that you feel good about and not feel pushed into making one.

I hope folks at Harley India (Anoop Prakash and team) are reading this - My "no-money-spent" ambush marketing of the Sportster family! ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by see India (Post 3400808)

Please Share Test Drive experience, Why you choose Iron over it.

It would be helpful for many.

A lot has already been said about the riding experience. I'll simply tell you why I chose Iron over 750. I first took my ride on 883. The sound the accelration and the stability everything was good. I enjoyed the ride a lot. The only thing I was not very happy about was the small size of the tank that I could see. It makes you feel like you are riding a smaller bike than what Iron actually is. But thats more of a mental thing than real.

Then came the 750. When I sat on it it felt good but once in motion it was just another bike. No connect with HD of any sort. It's definitely peppy and very easy to control but I'm not buying a bike because I need a mode of transportation for everyday purpose.

I want a Harley which I can enjoy when ever I ride on it. I'm not art all sound technically but as per me 750 is just another good bike but not worthy of being in the Harley stable.

All recent reviews pointing at the engine goodness...soft push positioning , I say!

At 5lacs Harley-ness possible!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vcx (Post 3401035)
All recent reviews pointing at the engine goodness...soft push positioning , I say! At 5lacs Harley-ness possible!

Vidhya, I must confess, Iam completely flabbergasted at this comment and couldn't understand if you are saying at 5 Lakhs it deserves to be part of the Harley stable or not :D

Can you please rephrase?