Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2014, 21:43   #31
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Z250 and ER6N launch on 16th October, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I was in the Kawasaki, Pune showroom yesterday and one of the SP's told me that the Z250 will have some price corrections as the Kawasaki officials feel the price that was announced during the launch was a little too high.

So if this news is true, I guess the Z250 will be priced at 2.6-2.7 lakhs ex-showroom post the price correction.
If that becomes the reality, then I would say it as a sensible move from Kawasaki. At least it can make people think on considering it as one of the options. I doubt if this can challenge the D390/RC390 sales, but a big threat to one of the most underrated bikes - The Suzuki Inazuma. I can say one thing - KTM has given a very big headache for all these Japanese companies. No matter what pricing they work out, it will be always compared with the segment benchmark pricing offered by KTM. I am afraid they will be ready with a fight at least for the next couple of years.
Old 29th October 2014, 23:38   #32
BHPian

I haven't ridden a KTM so should not comment, but being made in India, don't the KTMs come with a lot of quality issues? Heating up, coolant leaking, and lots of other reported maintenance issues? Don't you think an Inazuma or a Z250 will be more peaceful to ride?
More refined, less vibrations because of the twin cylinder, more reliable = total peace of mind. If the price correction happens, people who want peace of mind will still opt for the Jap bikes over India-made KTMs. But yes, sales numbers won't be comparable. The orange has stolen the show.
Can anybody post pics of the ER-6N from the showroom? Is it available in Bangalore yet?
Old 30th October 2014, 09:14   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreen View Post
I haven't ridden a KTM so should not comment, but being made in India, don't the KTMs come with a lot of quality issues? Heating up, coolant leaking, and lots of other reported maintenance issues? Don't you think an Inazuma or a Z250 will be more peaceful to ride?
More refined, less vibrations because of the twin cylinder, more reliable = total peace of mind. If the price correction happens, people who want peace of mind will still opt for the Jap bikes over India-made KTMs. But yes, sales numbers won't be comparable. The orange has stolen the show.
Can anybody post pics of the ER-6N from the showroom? Is it available in Bangalore yet?
Agreed on the refinement and the overall quality part. But I have to disagree on peace of mind part. There are a lot of really happy D200/390 owners, including myself. There are small niggles yes but nothing major , far as I can tell. Also the issues have more to do with this being a new development rather than being made in India. Products take several iterations before they zero in on perfection. The 250 engine has been refined over the years and hence you get much higher quality and reliability.
Old 10th November 2014, 01:37   #34
BHPian

On-Road Pricelist for Mumbai & Suburbs around from KTM Store in Phoenix Mumbai

Hi Guys,

Visited SoBo KTM in HighStreet Phoenix (Mumbai) and saw the ER6N in person. The bike looks beefier than the N650 for sure in black due to the single color continuity it offered.

The bike has arrived recently and no test ride was allowed. However, was able to sit and fire up the engine. The cockpit is indeed very inviting and something that someone like me aspires to own coming from CBR250 saddle. The riding position at least on a stationary bike felt a lot more relaxed than what it feels on (kinda aggressive) CBR250. Windblast might an issue though post triple digits.

Added two pictures where I was sitting on the bike to give an idea of how tall the seat might get. Being 5'10, I was comfortable (just perfect) and had both feet grounded. Somehow I feel, folks below 5'7 might struggle to keep both feel on the ground unless shoes have extra heel.

Some pics from the quick showroom visit :-
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Z250 and ER6N launch on 16th October, 2014-img_20141110_013123.jpg  

Kawasaki Z250 and ER6N launch on 16th October, 2014-img_20141110_013146.jpg  

Kawasaki Z250 and ER6N launch on 16th October, 2014-img_20141110_013000.jpg  

Kawasaki Z250 and ER6N launch on 16th October, 2014-img_20141110_013211.jpg  

Kawasaki Z250 and ER6N launch on 16th October, 2014-img_20141110_020021.jpg  

Kawasaki Z250 and ER6N launch on 16th October, 2014-img_20141110_015926.jpg  

Last edited by mantrig : 10th November 2014 at 01:55. Reason: Added Pics
mantrig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 16:48   #35
BHPian

Booked my ER-6N at the Indiranagar showroom in Bangalore. On road is 5.62, booking amount it 30,000.
I sat on it, both feet touching the ground easily, and I totally loved the stance.

My booking number is 2. Dunno who is the other guy before me.

This was a tough decision because I was totally stuck between the HD Street 750, the Bonnie, and the Ninja 650...when the ER-6N was launched.

The HD Street 750 totally fits my size and budget, but am worried about reliability issues. Poor finishing, strange braking, exposed electrical wires, welding joints exposed, etc. Heard there can be a lot of niggles, and I don't want another two wheeler that can't live up to its iconic moniker. I loved the test ride, made me smile like a kid. If someone sent me a long-term, trouble-free report, I would have totally bought it.

Next option was ER-6N...faster, more reliable, proven, frugal...easy on the pocket. Flickable round the corners, lighter and easier to maneuver than the Ninja 650. A total kitna-deti-hai bike returning a phenomenal 27 kpl.

Third, a tad overpriced than it ideally should be, is the Bonnie SE. Darling of a bike, just the right size, right amount of acceleration, an FE figure of around 20-22 kpl. If budget weren't an issue, I would not have considered the other two. Only thing going against the Bonnie (for me), is the price of approx 7 lakhs OTR.

So finally settled for the ER-6N and am not gonna regret this decision.
Oreen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 16:56   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the booking Oreen. Just a doubt. Is there any tuning or other gearing related changes for the N version?
Old 11th November 2014, 17:59   #37
BHPian

The sales guy at the counter says there's absolutely no difference, apart from the lack of fairing and slightly aggressive stance. I felt the handlebar is more streetfighter kind, but still very comfortable. My friend Prateek, who has a Ninja 650, says there's probably some difference in the rake angle, but I don't even know what that means. The radiator is exposed, the headlight is single and mean looking.

Here are some snaps:Kawasaki Z250 and ER6N launch on 16th October, 2014-unnamed-1.jpg

Kawasaki Z250 and ER6N launch on 16th October, 2014-unnamed.jpg

I am 5'8" and 70 kgs. Seems perfect for me. I might need to get used to the footpegs set behind. Have ridden an Enfield for the last 14 years, so ergonomically I might be challenged for the first few times.

Last edited by Oreen : 11th November 2014 at 18:01.
Oreen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2014, 14:05   #38
BHPian

Congrats on the booking Oreen.
Just curious, were you offered a test ride of the bike?
Old 16th November 2014, 15:40   #39
BHPian

Hey JVM, no test rides yet. They are yet to get the permission from the RTO. I have ridden a Ninja 650 earlier, so booked it just like that. This is a proven bike, so am not expecting any issues. ABS would have been really welcome given this is capable of a top whack of over 200 kmph.

Went again yesterday and asked them when they will deliver. They were laughing...sir, you booked just four days back.
Old 23rd November 2014, 20:49   #40
BHPian

Has anybody got any hands-on experience with the Z250? Anybody who has booked the bike? Haven't come across anyone yet. Will go to the Mekhri Circle showroom and enquire tomorrow.
Old 24th November 2014, 11:27   #41
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Oreen on your new bike! She looks mean and lovely. Do start an ownership thread of this new naked.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 21:21   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Congrats Oreen on your new bike! She looks mean and lovely. Do start an ownership thread of this new naked.
Yes doc, that's the idea. Been following a lot of bikes for many years now and could not zero in on any. In absence of an affordable dual sports bike (Versys 650, Honda CB 500 X, KTM Adventure 390), I finally went for this. People say it doesn't go with my "bulleteer" avatar, but then, once I sit on a naked bike, it should be a different story altogether.

I have never written bike reviews because I don't know much although I have been riding since 2000 (first Himalayan ride on a std 350). But will definitely read up other reviews, take nice pics, and give t-bhp a very honest review. However, if someone can expedite the delivery, it will be really helpful. Am totally unable to sleep for these 90 days, and it's only been some 17 days so far. Many more sleepless nights ahead.

Meanwhile, leaving you with a beautiful video of the capabilities of the ER-6n:

Hope it leaves you all drooling.
Oreen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 21:36   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreen View Post
Yes doc, that's the idea. Been following a lot of bikes for many years now and could not zero in on any. In absence of an affordable dual sports bike (Versys 650, Honda CB 500 X, KTM Adventure 390), I finally went for this. People say it doesn't go with my "bulleteer" avatar, but then, once I sit on a naked bike, it should be a different story altogether.

I have never written bike reviews because I don't know much although I have been riding since 2000 (first Himalayan ride on a std 350). But will definitely read up other reviews, take nice pics, and give t-bhp a very honest review. However, if someone can expedite the delivery, it will be really helpful. Am totally unable to sleep for these 90 days, and it's only been some 17 days so far. Many more sleepless nights ahead.

Meanwhile, leaving you with a beautiful video of the capabilities of the ER-6n:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=BNLzqyY80sk

Hope it leaves you all drooling.
Oreen, congrats on the bike. I believe your bike should reach much faster against the 90 days waiting period that has been mentioned. The reason being, yours is the 2nd in the city. Once you book the bike, I believe a PO will be placed at the earliest. I'm sure, the plant should have some stock with them. Even if it is delayed, the wait will make you love the bike more once it is delivered.
Astonite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2014, 18:39   #44
BHPian

Guys,

Ordered my flyscreen from Puig at
http://www.amazon.co.uk/screen-Puig-...ords=puig+er6n.

Somebody has agreed to get this for me.

Apparently, this is necessary for speeds beyond 120 kmph to minimize the windblast.

I also need crash protection, probably guards from evotech. Those are available in Bangalore from someone who sources parts for the Kawasaki Forum.

With that, am good to go. Jacket, gloves, and knee guards are the same Cramster ones that I use. I guess I have to change from my LS2 helmet to something a little tighter. But I will decide on that after I get the bike and see how the helmet feels at newfound speeds. So far, it is nice and comfortable.

Now comes the question of boots. I have Gosgo combat boots that are good for the bullet or a Harley, as in they look their part. However, not sure how they would look on a sportsbike. The boots are definitely uncomfortable if I have to find a KTM rear brake, so not sure how they will be for the ER-6n.

So, some expenses coming up :-(, which is the downside of buying a new toy. However, if I consider how much am saving by not buying the Bonneville, to the tune of 1.5 lakhs, I should not be cribbing.
Old 1st December 2014, 14:57   #45
Senior - BHPian

So this last Saturday, I dropped into the Kawasaki showroom at Indranagar and checked out the ER6N.

Looks very mean and futuristic and sans all the plastic bits such as fairings, etc. it does look very "street friendly".

Parking this one (in comparison to the 650) on our roads is safer - no fear of anyone scarping the fairings.

The on road price comes to around 5.63L and is available only in black.

The Ninja 650 however looks a lot bigger than the naked sibling (ER6N) and costs around 6.2L on road.

While my wife liked the 650 better than the ER6N (she didn't like the headlight on the ER6N), I liked the latter better as it looked muscular and mean.

I'm tempted to upgrade to this one considering an affordable price bracket and tried, tested and reliable product/brand but only grouse is that the engine is still a twin and not as nice sounding as the 250 (for a twin). Another sore point is that the radiator sides are exposed to impact and if the bike spills over, the radiator will definitely take a beating.

I guess a frame slider may help here.

Wife has given the OK but I'm still thinking. Maybe a test ride this coming weekend should decide which one it will be.

There are scores of 650's on the used market for around 4L onwards so if I do decide on the 650, it will be a used one.

Let's see how it pans out .

Edit - Oh, and I saw the new Z250 on display. Can get mistaken for a regular commuter bike easily.

However, the matt green shade is freaking ugly. Looks like a paint job out of some local garage. Horrible is an understatement.

Last edited by n_aditya : 1st December 2014 at 15:05.
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks