Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2014, 11:28   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Z250 and ER6N launch on 16th October, 2014

Kawasaki has now given the Z250 ABS and Slipper Clutch for model year 2015. These safety features will be offered on Z250 bikes in all markets.

http://www.motorbeam.com/2014/12/bik...dard-for-2015/

I think it is better to wait for 2015 models and spend some extra money, as ABS & slipper clutch can't be installed at a later stage.
Old 26th December 2014, 10:04   #62
BHPian

Nice but funny that they chose to offer this in the Z250 and still sell the Ninja 650 with no option of ABS
Old 26th December 2014, 12:11   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
Nice but funny that they chose to offer this in the Z250 and still sell the Ninja 650 with no option of ABS
I think they will bring it for 2015 since govt now wants all to have this ( but is this confirmed that that a circular/rule was made by govt about this?).

I for one would just buy the 650 if it has ABS. One should ride a ABS-fitted bike to understand how useful it is. Kudos to TVS to bring it to us in India.
Old 26th December 2014, 17:31   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreen View Post
Well, I am being a price-conscious Asian here, so am sure the quality and size aren't an issue. Now am looking at all the CBR and Yamaha FZ windshields made in India and wondering why I paid a premium for something that could be bought from Shivajinagar. Don't know what I expected, really, but this is light, bendable, and errr, doesn't look like something you want to spend 7 K on. Okay, am behaving like a cheapo here, but if buying a bigger capacity bike means buying everything at a premium, that's a huge dampener.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Has anyone purchased Z250? I haven't seen any ownership threads on any site. Bike has 2 month waiting in Pune.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvm_1986 View Post
I saw one in Chennai. The z250 looks quite impressive on-road. Hope it's a bhpian

Old 26th December 2014, 18:12   #65
Senior - BHPian

I went to have a feel of both the bikes at the showroom. The rear part of Z250 and Ninja 300 are same. The difference is in front part and of course the engine. I expected to be bowled over by z250, but I didn't find the looks to be too overwhelming or anything. Sure it looks good and sharp, but it loses out to Ninja. The handle is not too different from Ninja, so it is not exactly a sit up riding position.

Given the lower capacity engine of z250, absense of slipper clutch, petal disc and full fairing, I would say go for Ninja 300 on any day.

Only thing is, Z250 can be happily transported using trains or cargo services. Ninja 300 would be very risky to transport. That is the only supporting point in Z250 that I could find. Even the lower handle of Ninja 300 can be risen upwards by 1 inch by outside accessories, so the handle is not at all a differentiating point.
Old 27th December 2014, 08:31   #66
BHPian

My untimely jaundice set me back by about a month, but I want to now take delivery of my ER6n in January. Sorry about the delay in ownership report, still could not get hold of it.
Old 15th January 2015, 14:06   #67
BHPian

Finally got delivery of my bike, thanks to Prateek (n650 owner) who dropped it to my house yesterday. I took a short ride today and here are the first impressions:

Performance: It can potter around at very slow speeds without the engine knocking and can also reach 0-100 in 4 secs. I tried on a flat stretch of road and it reached 94 kmph in the blink of an eye.

Sound: Very normal, like a 250 cc bike, but am not complaining

Ride and handling: The first thing that I noticed was the huge turning radius. It felt much more than that of an Enfield. The riding position is a little aggressive and I have a feeling it's gonna be a strain on my shoulders unless I go for bigger (taller) handlebars. The footpegs are rear set, so people with experience riding KTMs would find it easier to fit in. The brake and gear levers are bigger than a KTM's, so you don't really have to search for them with your feet. I am 5'8" and my feet comfortably touch the ground.

The saree guard is ungainly and I will remove it as soon as I am fit enough to ride again. I also am planning to get a rack built with a slight backrest for the pillion. It might not look very good, but that's a practical addition I feel.

Accessories: I have put a Puig windscreen, specifically designed for the ER6n, picked up from Amazon US for USD 102. However, the windscreen is very flimsy and makes a terrible clatter at speeds over 40 kmph. Am really upset with the quality of the product and will not recommend that anybody buy such a windscreen. It is supposed to increase the aerodynamics at speeds over 120 kph, but the quality of the plastic is very off putting.

Here's a pic of me sitting on the bike today. I will add more pics once I start riding. Also a pic of the kind of rack I want to add.
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Z250 and ER6N launch on 16th October, 2014-first-ride.jpg  

Kawasaki Z250 and ER6N launch on 16th October, 2014-er6n-luggage-rack-setup.jpg  

Last edited by Oreen : 15th January 2015 at 14:09. Reason: grammar
Oreen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 14:20   #68
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Oreen for buying most practical bike money can buy in india today. I sat on one some time back and felt it be to comfortable than my z800.

I guess you got a puig rafale windscreen which is quite big in size. I though puig makes better quality stuff looking at their price but i might be wrong then.

You can add a handle bar riser (>20mm) to make ride more comfortable.

How is braking on this bike? Any changes to brake hardware?
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 15:12   #69
Senior - BHPian

This is the second time I am reading dissatisfaction about costly aftermarket windscreens.

Congrats Oreen. I would say use the stock handlebars for a week or even more, at least for a few hundred kms. I am sure you will eventually get used to it.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 15:49   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Accessories: I have put a Puig windscreen, specifically designed for the ER6n, picked up from Amazon US for USD 102. However, the windscreen is very flimsy and makes a terrible clatter at speeds over 40 kmph. Am really upset with the quality of the product and will not recommend that anybody buy such a windscreen. It is supposed to increase the aerodynamics at speeds over 120 kph, but the quality of the plastic is very off putting.
Oreen, Congrats first of all buddy. Do start an ownership thread for what seems to be the first ER6n in the forum.

Regarding the Puig, are you sure that you are not mistaking the flexibility of the visor to flimsiness? Most of the visors will (have) be flexible to a certain point to prevent breakage and shattering at high speeds. The same is the case with helmet visors too, you can actually twist the visor along its length to a certain point without breaking it. Can you post a closer shot of its mounting mechanism please?

Last edited by man_of_steel : 15th January 2015 at 16:02.
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 21:15   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post

Regarding the Puig, are you sure that you are not mistaking the flexibility of the visor to flimsiness? Most of the visors will (have) be flexible to a certain point to prevent breakage and shattering at high speeds. The same is the case with helmet visors too, you can actually twist the visor along its length to a certain point without breaking it. Can you post a closer shot of its mounting mechanism please?
Actually, am not sure. Am sure it is supposed to be flexible. Will send you pics of the mount tomorrow. There are four nuts provided by Puig, and it is a direct fit in place of the old small OEM windscreen. The clatter is what is annoying me. Despite the nuts being nicely bolted, the windscreen is touching the light as the vibes increase. However, after about 80 kph or so, the noise vanishes.

Yes, will start an ownership thread, but I have to take a lot of pics and also ride it for a while. Today is the first day I rode it.

Because I am a bullet rider (Machismo and t-bird), I am used to a more relaxed riding position. I will keep everything stock for the time being and ride it for about 1000 kms before I really decide to change anything.

But the acceleration is exhilarating for someone who is used to only bullets.

About the braking, the twin discs up front seem to be doing the job pretty well. I did some hard braking at 94 kph, and there didn't seem to be any issue. I can tell you that the braking is much better than the Street 750, which I was seriously contemplating before settling for this.

Btw, Djay, would you happen to know any fabricator who can do precision welding in Bangalore? I can't take my wife out without the backrest and luggage rack.

Last edited by Oreen : 15th January 2015 at 21:21. Reason: wanted to add something
Old 16th January 2015, 00:23   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually, am not sure. Am sure it is supposed to be flexible. Will send you pics of the mount tomorrow. There are four nuts provided by Puig, and it is a direct fit in place of the old small OEM windscreen. The clatter is what is annoying me. Despite the nuts being nicely bolted, the windscreen is touching the light as the vibes increase. However, after about 80 kph or so, the noise vanishes.
Thanks. You installed it yourself or the SVC guys did it for you? If they have done it, check if they have put the rubber washers before putting on the 4 bolts.
Old 16th January 2015, 11:57   #73
Senior - BHPian

First off, congrats on the ER6N. Wish you many happy and safe years on this one.

I loved the raw looks of this bike and was considering it for a while but moving up from a 250 parallel twin to another parallel twin did not make much sense to me. Waiting for something more than 2 cylinders right now within my budget.

Quote:
I also am planning to get a rack built with a slight backrest for the pillion. It might not look very good, but that's a practical addition I feel. Also a pic of the kind of rack I want to add.
If I may suggest, add a Givi box on that rack. If you are touring for a few days, it definitely helps to carry all your stuff in the box securely (comes with a lock). That said, pillion rides will also be more comfortable as this may serve as a proper back rest
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 16:25   #74
BHPian

Hi guys,

I have started a new thread about my ownership experience here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...saki-er6n.html

Hoping to add more as I keep riding.

I have considered the Givi box too. Will check out all the prices and decide soon. Thanks .
Oreen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 20:30   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

I have started a new thread about my ownership experience here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...saki-er6n.html

Hoping to add more as I keep riding.

I have considered the Givi box too. Will check out all the prices and decide soon. Thanks .
HI Oreen! Unable to access your thread. Maybe you have check your permission settings?

Saw the ER-6N in black below the KR puram flyover. Didnt expected it to be as wide as it is. A fabulous looking bike.
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks